Jeep Production Plant Closes Due to Coronavirus

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
The plant has been shut down temporarily for the safety of the employees. We were told until April 2nd but nothing has been made official yet. I do apologize for any delays this may cause on the delivery of your new JL or JT.
Nice to see you here again.

question: are you getting “full pay” during this shutdown or are you having to endure a financial hardship of some kind?
Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
the biggest reason for this, sadly, is that the CDC, FDA, the Trump administration, and Trump himself utterly mismanaged this a month ago. It didn’t need to be this way. We could have followed the Korea model. Unfortunately, we had a President with a “perfect plan” of eating a Filet-of-fish sandwich while Rome burned. This is the result.
Perhaps the blame should go to China first, and our own CDC. Where do you think Trump gets his info....geez. We are following the Korea model...too bad the CDC and antiquated the FDA can’t fastrack test kits...until pressured by Trump. Perhaps the distraction of a bogus impeachment was also not helpful.

Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Reading this thread reminds me that I’m extremely fortunate my boss allowed us to work from home the next week or two. He was super reluctant but luckily I’m in a career where I can get my work done from home just as well, if not better than I can sitting at the office.

Of course I enjoy being there! But yeah.

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Fortunately we have quite a bit of frozen food already. People just need to stop freaking out hording fucking everything! I guess gun stores have been real busy as well, at least some are making money.
Busy isn’t the word. I’ll say this- be kind to others. We are all in it together. With the number of new gun owners out there, I worry who might get too itchy these days.

FlashGordon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR - Billet Silver, 2017 Grand Cherokee Altitude
Is the Toledo plant completely shut down? Or do they have some lines running or potentially finishing certain builds? Asking as the page on the Cryptostickers site that displays completed orders in the last 24 hours is still being updted/refreshed with what appears to be new JLs every day?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Is the Toledo plant completely shut down? Or do they have some lines running or potentially finishing certain builds? Asking as the page on the Cryptostickers site that displays completed orders in the last 24 hours is still being updted/refreshed with what appears to be new JLs every day?
I thought I read shut down.

Sponsored

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Busy isn’t the word. I’ll say this- be kind to others. We are all in it together. With the number of new gun owners out there, I worry who might get too itchy these days.
Doesn't bother me one bit. Fortunately I was already well armed long ago. I don't think it will come to that at all, but always good to be prepared.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
This was a no win situation. If the POTUS had closed the borders, people would bitch and say he's racist and paranoid. If he didn't do it fast enough, now he's irresponsible. Take some personal responsibility and stay at home. Do you actually need big brother to tell you how to use common sense? At a time like this, we should be helping each other not bitching and pointing fingers. I wish everyone well.

FlashGordon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR - Billet Silver, 2017 Grand Cherokee Altitude
I thought I read shut down.
Thx. I just contacted Jeep and they couldn't comment or didn't have any update on plant production etc... However things must still be happening as I had been in "I" status (built, pending final inspection) since the 10th and they informed me my build has been processed into "KZ" as of yesterday.

Swaggy P

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
I don't envy you guys who work from home... I'd hate my house.
Sponsored