Jeep Production Plant Closes Due to Coronavirus

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
My Jeep has been at the dealer for 29 days now; it’s waiting on a new automatic transmission. I wonder how this shut down will effect us waiting for major parts.
My opinion only...... the auto suppliers will need to shut (or run limited shifts) as well...... they won’t build weeks of new inventory....... perhaps.... just perhaps..... your new tranny will be made during their “slowdown” and a shiny new tranny will come your way soon....
Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
The plant has been shut down temporarily for the safety of the employees. We were told until April 2nd but nothing has been made official yet. I do apologize for any delays this may cause on the delivery of your new JL or JT.
What are they doing about pay for hourly employees? Hope you guys are getting taken care of in some way.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
My Jeep has been at the dealer for 29 days now; it’s waiting on a new automatic transmission. I wonder how this shut down will effect us waiting for major parts.
You are probably close to Lemon Law buy-back.

Sponsored

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
On a positive note, if this is extended a while maybe resale value will go up...
Doubt it. Would have to be a long shutdown just to make a dent on current on-hand inventory.

AustinL911

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Cheby Colorado
No shit. Cant go anywhere and probably days away from being told to stay in our homes for a month. But the banks and utilities are still sending out bills.

How about an executive order to suspend all auto and mortgage payments bitches.
I was thinking earlier today that The People of the US bailed out the banks in 2008, so maybe its time for the banks to return the favor to The People...

Yngwie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sarge Green JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the update about the production plant.

I feel seriously blessed we picked up our JL this past Saturday.

On the other hand, I also feel for those of you who will have delays with your deliveries, not to mention the employees that cannot work and especially everyone who gets sick. Sending thoughts, prayers, and other good vibes to all of you.

parrotheadphan

First Name
Mike (aka Kirk)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Firecracker Red, 3.6l, 8 spd auto
Occupation
Digital arts & photography teacher
Vehicle Showcase
I saw this news today and thought about all the Jeeps in production. As someone who had to wait a while to get their Jeep, I feel for all of you! Hopefully it will be safe to start up production soon and you will be able to enjoy your Jeep.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I saw this news today and thought about all the Jeeps in production. As someone who had to wait a while to get their Jeep, I feel for all of you!.
Thank you but I have waited for such a long time so in light of what’s going on, I don’t see the problem in waiting some more? That being said, I really hope the hard working people at the plant are safe and well. I won’t prioritize my Wrangler over the health and well being of those people. #NotoriousCares

Copy that @JeepCares ?

Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
The plant has been shut down temporarily for the safety of the employees. We were told until April 2nd but nothing has been made official yet. I do apologize for any delays this may cause on the delivery of your new JL or JT.
Your health is more important and I hope you all stay well.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Man, you got lucky! Given the issues that you had with your old one, I think that the delivery of your new one is an omen of only good things to come....... ENJOY! (But test drive the crap out of it before you say “yes”!!!!!!!!!)
Oh goodness, I sure hope so! I’m really grateful that I got help in ordering my Punk’n Recon.

I did tell Stericycle and the dealer that I am taking it for an extended test drive to make sure it drives well. As much as I really want it, I’m not going through the steering crap again and will get my money back if necessary.

I dropped off my Jeep this morning at the shop to have the PSC kit removed. I can exchange Jeeps once that is done :).

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Oh goodness, I sure hope so! I’m really grateful that I got help in ordering my Punk’n Recon.

I did tell Stericycle and the dealer that I am taking it for an extended test drive to make sure it drives well. As much as I really want it, I’m not going through the steering crap again and will get my money back if necessary.

I dropped off my Jeep this morning at the shop to have the PSC kit removed. I can exchange Jeeps once that is done :).
Extended test drive may or may not help you. I went through buyback for death wobble. Now have 16k on the new Jeep and its starting again. Guessing the steering issues are a little more immediate, though? Oh well, hoping that they have this issue fixed this time. Spent too much time back and forth to dealer last time.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Extended test drive may or may not help you. I went through buyback for death wobble. Now have 16k on the new Jeep and its starting again. Guessing the steering issues are a little more immediate, though? Oh well, hoping that they have this issue fixed this time. Spent too much time back and forth to dealer last time.
My buyback is for steering but the one issue I haven't had is death wobble. My steering issues were apparent from the start and it was in the shop at two weeks (the issues weren't apparent during the test drive that was taken during rush hour on a crappy freeway). I test drove five wranglers and could tell immediately when one was bad. I still want to give it a good drive to get a feel for it.

Of course, like you say, that's no guarantee issues won't occur down the road. It is a Jeep, after all.
Sponsored