Sponsored

Jeep Prices and COVID

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
So.... We bought a Jeep Wrangler this year after wanting one for 15 years. It seems that the consumer has very little leverage against MSRP on a base Wrangler. I mean you almost have to pull teeth to get 10% off MSRP. Is this how it has always been, or is it due to COVID.
Sponsored

Raylan Givens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
You can join Tread Lightly for $100 and use affiliate pricing, which is 1% below invoice without negotiating anything

ToothMechanic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Billet JLUR
So.... We bought a Jeep Wrangler this year after wanting one for 15 years. It seems that the consumer has very little leverage against MSRP on a base Wrangler. I mean you almost have to pull teeth to get 10% off MSRP. Is this how it has always been, or is it due to COVID.

Following this.

What exactly were you used to?

I got dealers offering 6-7.5% off factory with just a couple emails.

I'm curious about this because I don't know...Someone can educate me...But aren't the margins on selling new cars less than they used to be for dealers? I was under the impression the vast majority of their income is coming from doc fee/trades/financing/extras/service/etc...Basically everything but selling a new car?

OP
OP
AlgUSF

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
Following this.

What exactly were you used to?

I got dealers offering 6-7.5% off factory with just a couple emails.

I'm curious about this because I don't know...Someone can educate me...But aren't the margins on selling new cars less than they used to be for dealers? I was under the impression the vast majority of their income is coming from doc fee/trades/financing/extras/service/etc...Basically everything but selling a new car?
I could usually get 15-20% off of a Honda or Toyota MSRP (+dealer fee) same visit. Don't get me wrong I think I got a decent deal because I kept it simple (i.e. no trade). It just seemed like some dealers were pretty happy just blowing me off when I tried to negotiate.

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
depends on where you are buying I guess... You would get laughed off the lot in SoCal asking for 10% off MSRP

Lucky to get invoice pricing from 90% of them....they don't need to do deals on them because they sell them so fast.

last month my local dealer had about 6-7 JLU sports to Rubi's.....all of them were gone in less than two weeks.....meanwhile, the 6 of the 7 Gladiators are still there.

I had to fly to Idaho to get 11-12% off MSRP
Sponsored