Sponsored

Jeep Politics (Not Political) :-)

Chris2183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S (Sold) 2021 JLU Willys
I didn't realize a Q5 was made for offroading or that you could remove the top from one. 😆
The vast majority of hard top owners in my town are completely unaware the top is removable.🤣

Its not until I venture out a little farther into the rural areas that I start seeing more stripped down Jeeps.

As far as the Q5 top goes, that's easy. Sawzall:rock:
Sponsored

thestein13

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Auditor
The vast majority of hard top owners in my town are completely unaware the top is removable.🤣

Its not until I venture out a little farther into the rural areas that I start seeing more stripped down Jeeps.

As far as the Q5 top goes, that's easy. Sawzall:rock:
Lol, I haven't taken the top of yet.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
One picture is worth 1000 words in this case.

in-the-%E2%80%9Cangry%E2%80%9D-jeep-grill-55912165.png
Agreed. If not the thought of an unruly child denied a cookie after dinner, those grills make me think that person needs more fiber and fluids in their diet.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Politics (Not Political)  :-) AdvancedTepidGuppy-size_restricted

surfyjeeper

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I can think of another:

3.6L vs. 2.0T

I'm a registered independent when it comes to this great debate among Jeepers. Since I have the 3.6 I can make the argument.

The 2.0T is too new and Jeep hasn't worked the bugs out of it like the "tried and true" Pentastar. The cam follower problems were fixed almost a decade ago and any camshaft issues are VERY few and far between. Lee Iaccoca himself posthumously came and blessed the Pentastar. Then the Coloradans explain the differences between the two engines at altitude. If you think the 3.6L sounds weak the 2.0L sounds like a Honda Civic. The Pentastar Upgrade (PUG) made an already amazing and reliable engine even better! If you get a 2.0T, hope you enjoy your Fiat. :)
as they say, ain't no replacement for displacement

RockAltered

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR V6 AT & 23 Ram Limited 4x4
Occupation
Retired.
Quote: Waving Jeeps or non-waving Jeeps

I wave at every Jeep (unless I'm picking my nose) get about 50% return.
I wave at every new Bronco too..................................................................0% return.

Sponsored

Ken Ztopolovky

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2dr stingray stick
So, I wanted to start a non-political thread on Jeep politics. Topics where there are limited to no middle ground where both sides are firmly encamped. I'll start. I think it goes without saying "no politician politics", please.

Angry vs Happy Jeep

I'm totally in the camp of "Happy Jeep", I don't know how someone could take an iconic look like the JL Wrangler and stick angry bird eyebrows over it. I don't wave at Angry Jeeps, I teach my kids that the only Jeeps are happy Jeeps. If I ducked, I would refuse to duck an Angry Jeep no matter how awesome it was just because it is an Angry Jeep. :)
Only few I think can be happy all the time and so I wave at all the Jeeps if I have a chance. I don't divide them into happy or angry. Diversity in variety of different styles make my drive just so much better. Happy miles to Happies ...no mile will stop a Saddie.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
as they say, ain't no replacement for displacement
I highly recommend the new Back to the Future movie. Blockbuster video finally had a vhs copy available for rental, and the computer graphics are cutting edge.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Politics (Not Political)  :-) to-the-future-time-travel

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Aftermarket parts designed with the mindset of hard use and 40's > oem parts designed with the mindset of cost efficient manufacturing and 35's

Aftermarket warranty with up to 40's "." > OEM warranty with up to 35's "?"

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Skittles colored vs many shades of grey

Give me skittles every time—they are delicious and make both people and Jeeps happy. I love my Chief and smile every time I see a mojito, tuscadero, punk’n, or any other color you won’t find on a generic sedan
The only reason I've not taken up my dealer's (ongoing) offer to buy back my '19 and upgrade to a 4xe or Gladiator w/deisel is neither of them comes in Mojito! Green. I absolutely love the colour. It may even beat out Plumb Crazy as my favourite MOPAR colour.

Sponsored

CNY-JLUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Quote: Waving Jeeps or non-waving Jeeps

I wave at every Jeep (unless I'm picking my nose) get about 50% return.
I wave at every new Bronco too..................................................................0% return.
I seem to get more waves from Gladiators than Wranglers now.

niJL

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I can think of another:

3.6L vs. 2.0T

I'm a registered independent when it comes to this great debate among Jeepers. Since I have the 3.6 I can make the argument.

The 2.0T is too new and Jeep hasn't worked the bugs out of it like the "tried and true" Pentastar. The cam follower problems were fixed almost a decade ago and any camshaft issues are VERY few and far between. Lee Iaccoca himself posthumously came and blessed the Pentastar. Then the Coloradans explain the differences between the two engines at altitude. If you think the 3.6L sounds weak the 2.0L sounds like a Honda Civic. The Pentastar Upgrade (PUG) made an already amazing and reliable engine even better! If you get a 2.0T, hope you enjoy your Fiat. :)
Sorry, but turbo sound go BRRR-PSSHHH. That's enough reason for me
Sponsored