Sponsored

Jeep Pickup (JT) Spied With Production-Intent Bed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Pickup (JT) Spied With Production-Intent Bed! {filename}

Its weird how much wider the front end looks then the rear. I hope its a) the angle of the photo or b) thats not how the production unit turns out.
Pickups often have wider front axles and narrower rear axles. Because pickups are long, having the front track wider than the rear improves turning radius.
Sponsored

TXmotoXGuy

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Hemi Durango
Agree with others that it's a deal breaker if the top doesn't fully come (roof AND rear window). Otherwise I'll be forced to go with the JLU- but really want the 4 door JT
I may be swayed to the truck version so long as it looks like the above AND the top & doors come off. If the complete top doesn't come off - there is 0% chance of getting the truck version.

Joe Camel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Charger, Planning for JLU
Agree with others that it's a deal breaker if the top doesn't fully come (roof AND rear window). Otherwise I'll be forced to go with the JLU- but really want the 4 door JT
In this pic you can make out under the camo what looks like the same freedom top as on the JL/JLU? Which would mean it's fully removable.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
In this pic you can make out under the camo what looks like the same freedom top as on the JL/JLU? Which would mean it's fully removable.
It's likely not the same, as it's the length of the JK/JL top, but the rear piece is unlikely to to have a flip-up rear window.

I think it's likely still removable, but also likely incorporates something different and more secure in that rear section, including possibly a cross-beam which would make it more ridgid for driving and storage.

But... could easily also be fixed rear section with just removable front panels, which I think is less likely than removeable.

Sponsored

JTman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JT to come
Looks like the body/bed would be angle cut to accommodate the rear fender.

Good eye. From this photo it looks like you're exactly right.

Makes it look much more unique and aggressive with that cut line IMO and less like just a JLU with a bed attached.

Biker Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati Monster
I think it's likely still removable, but also likely incorporates something different and more secure in that rear section, including possibly a cross-beam which would make it more ridgid for driving and storage.

Would be a shame if they couldn't deliver a JT with fully removable top and rear window considering the AEV Brutes were able to go fully top/windowless. This thing is bada$$ and my want is high :involve:

MLPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Willys JK 6M
Would be a shame if they couldn't deliver a JT with fully removable top and rear window considering the AEV Brutes were able to go fully top/windowless. This thing is bada$$ and my want is high :involve:

I'm thinking no way the JT doesn't get fully removable top since we now know the JL/JLU have it. If that's part of the essence of what a Wrangler is, then would make sense that the Wrangler pickup also gets it.

Brogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge
Pickups often have wider front axles and narrower rear axles. Because pickups are long, having the front track wider than the rear improves turning radius.
Interesting, hadn't thought of that reason for the difference in front and rear track width. The JK has matching front and rear 61.9" track width so I guess Jeep didn't feel it was long enough that it needed help with turning radius.

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
I like the angle cut better then the straight cut that the AEV Brute has. Who made this truck?
That one there is a Starwood Motors custom, the Bandit ( the one above is their ridiculous 700HP SEMA demo truck for ~$250,000 which was also made for Dustin Pedroia) ;

http://www.starwoodmotors.com/bandit/

http://www.fourwheeler.com/news/160...-jeep-jk-pickup-what-could-be-more-fun-video/

http://mensgear.net/2016/04/starwood-motors-custom-jeep-wrangler-bandit.html

AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
250K? Crazy. Wonder how much a straight pickup conversion would be without the Hemi? I agree with Vegas, it looks much better than the Brute.

MotorCityJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR Hard Rock, 2015 200S AWD
Looks like the body/bed would be angle cut to accommodate the rear fender.

Would bet no chance. Assembly line nightmare. It would have to be swung in from the rear perfectly flat, and those angled sections would just be body side sticking forward. The front wall of the bed by the cab isn't going to be shaped like that. DON'T make judgements based on the camo. They have all sorts of padding, etc under those things. Strategic stitching, etc.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.