Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Anything's possible! Maybe the Jeep was back home.

Lol, trust me when I say if you'd seen this poor woman, you would not have expected that to be the case, nor taken her up on it :LOL:

I have to agree with this. Every time I've waved at a 4 door with a woman driving they've just given me a blank stare. I did see a few driving two doors that returned the wave today though - one even had the doors and top off her TJ! That's a real OG.
I don’t blame women who don’t wave. Too many creepy guys out there that think just because the lady waved she’s “interested”.
Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I don’t blame women who don’t wave. Too many creepy guys out there that think just because the lady waved she’s “interested”.
You’re right. There’s plenty of information and data out there to suggest that women are more vulnerable to being victimized to men’s predatory behavior.

While that may be somewhat true, most Jeep women don’t fit the bill. Which is why I like throwing the sexist stereotypes around. Not only are they funny to me, they’re also very inaccurate when it comes to women in general.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Since day one, I've gotten my fair share of looks and compliments. The frequency of compliments, looks, and thumbs up from passing non jeeps stayed consistent from stock to stock on 35's to 2" lift and 35's. Also, long Island is about 50/50 on the Jeep .

Once I switched out to 38's the amount of reactions really ramped up, which I didn't expect to happen. Thumbs up and compliments have shot up and it's hard not to notice the amount of looks it gets wherever i go. It's become so common now, that it inevitably becomes the topic of conversation whenever someone's riding with me because they're noticing the head turns and occasional beep andat stop lights. My younger and single brother said "yeah right" when I laughingly mentioned a car full of girls smiling and waving at me. Now, he loves running around with me after seeing it for himself. It happens often enough that I'm very glad to have the kind of cool wife that would just laugh, rather than pull me into an unnecessary conversation.

My plan has been for a very capable, yet clean and understated appearance. I am very much a see but not be seen, hear but not be heard until its necessary type of guy. I don't even put decals representing my interests on the Jeep. Don't think I'm complaining, after all, who doesn't like positive reactions? Just surprised at how much, is all in saying.

I more recently chatted with a guy in a 711 parking lot, who was driving a nicely built up JK. While we were talking parts over coffee, we got complimented on our rides from a guy that pulled in next to us. That started us on this topic. JK guy said that most jeeps around here never see any off roading beyond driving out and parking on the beach and that 33's and 35's are what's usually seen. That's when he confessed about having gotten his coffee from a 711 a couple miles away, and only pulled in because he spotted my Jeep and was curious for a closer look. He further said that most of the wranglers here get more invested in lighting and appearance, but that i was obviously focusing on all the supporting mods to lift and bigger tires. And that i would go less noticed in places like Colorado and Utah, or anywhere else that had trail heads dotted all along the beaten commuter path.

Trailnut

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Chevy Colorado, '20 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Fire Marshal (Retired)
:jk::like::flag:

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I get a lot of comments on my Jeep, and a lot from women (two today, including one who took photos as I was walking up). Maybe I get a lot because it’s orange and I have the tube doors on and top down. My favorites are the kids. So cute.

As for waves—I love the Jeep wave and wave whenever I see a Jeep. I don’t take it as a come-on when a guy waves.

Sponsored

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
was on vacation last week with My mostly stock Punkin with the 01 decal from the General Lee parking next to a mini van, guy got out..... "love your jeep." thanks "01 from the Dukes of Hazzard?' yup, grew up on it love it to this day... me too :)

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Ha!

We’re in Sedona and the funniest thing happened yesterday. We were driving down the main road when a kid in a sightseeing trolley gave me the two-finger Jeep wave. So cute!