Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
  • Banned
To even be able to order Wranglers right now.
I brought my VW in for a recall today, and I went to 3 various dealerships nearby. They can't get anything!
I couldn't even order something if I wanted to. The Honda guy said they have some cars coming next week. Everybody told me they get whatever is sent, maybe a handful of cars in a month. The VW guy didn't know if they were ever getting anymore. So sad. I remember when there were a dozen of each model, now they don't even have 1 of each. Jeep is doing us all a solid, even with current wait times.
Sponsored

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
That is very true. it took about a month from start to finish (other than waiting for transport) for my Jeep to get built. way better luck than what ford is dealing with.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Well when I read the thread title I thought you meant in more of a philosophical way, like “people who are able to afford a jeep are in a good position in life and should be thankful because a large portion of the world couldn’t swing that (even now in the 21st century) and throughout history the majority of humanity hasn’t been fortunate enough to live as opulently as we do, and jeep people should reflect on how good our lives are and be glad we aren’t scratching a living off of rocks and living in squalor with disease, violence, war, and starvation,” but I see you meant more specifically that we’re lucky we can order our vehicles.

I agree, it is nice!

OP
OP
zrickety

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
  • Banned
Well when I read the thread title I thought you meant in more of a philosophical way, like “people who are able to afford a jeep are in a good position in life and should be thankful because a large portion of the world couldn’t swing that (even now in the 21st century) and throughout history the majority of humanity hasn’t been fortunate enough to live as opulently as we do, and jeep people should reflect on how good our lives are and be glad we aren’t scratching a living off of rocks and living in squalor with disease, violence, war, and starvation,” but I see you meant more specifically that we’re lucky we can order our vehicles.

I agree, it is nice!
Your post is accurate too! We are lucky to live in such excellent times, even with the speed bumps.

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR

I agree, it is nice!
Damn, that’s the best post I’ve seen in a while. Well said!

Sponsored

maestro5531

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 HydroBlue TRX , 23 HydroBlue JL Willys
I like Stellantis approach where you can order a vehicle and it will eventually be built. I "ordered" a Toyota and Toyota sends whatever they want to their dealerships and they can sell you something close to what you want. After 6 months of exactly nothing, I ordered a TRX which was delivered to me just after 62 days. I was beyond happy until now, 80 days without any scheduling on the Wrangler.

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
I brought my VW in for a recall today, and I went to 3 various dealerships nearby. They can't get anything!
I couldn't even order something if I wanted to. The Honda guy said they have some cars coming next week. Everybody told me they get whatever is sent, maybe a handful of cars in a month. The VW guy didn't know if they were ever getting anymore. So sad. I remember when there were a dozen of each model, now they don't even have 1 of each. Jeep is doing us all a solid, even with current wait times.
it depends on where you are located. In my area, I can see dealers with fuller lots nowadays. The Nearby VW dealer has some Atlas's and smaller SUVs. The jeep dealer nearby lot is FULL. Discounts on almost all cars except Wrangler 392.

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
Jeep did a solid on a lot of us.. maybe some liquid and gas too.

Sponsored

Valpo Jeep

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mas Ghibli, 18 JLU, 05 Gulfstream RV
Some how my local Jeep dealer has 34 new Jeep products on the lot, 17 of which are Wranglers according to their online inventory. They have 22 used Jeep vehicles as well

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Seems jeep inventory is starting to make a comeback. Drove through a local dealership yesterday, and they were well stocked on all models. Previously had close to nothing.

Now the Toyota dealership by me, that seriously takes up 20+ acres, has probably 2 new vehicles and 10 used. It is EMPTY....

RugbyRef

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL 392
Jeeps aside...I just placed an order for a particular German sports car and there is a 12 - 18 month wait. Just like anything though...if you really want something, you'll be willing to wait!

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7
I like Stellantis approach where you can order a vehicle and it will eventually be built. I "ordered" a Toyota and Toyota sends whatever they want to their dealerships and they can sell you something close to what you want. After 6 months of exactly nothing, I ordered a TRX which was delivered to me just after 62 days. I was beyond happy until now, 80 days without any scheduling on the Wrangler.
Yep I went through the process to get an "Allocated" Tacoma before I canceled it and placed my order for the JLR. On top of that the one they ended up getting for me had a ton of South East Toyota specific port options I had no interest in and was a battle to get them removed.

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
Your post is accurate too! We are lucky to live in such excellent times, even with the speed bumps.
It’s all going to come to an end in a screeching halt…sooner than one may think
Sponsored