First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all,

My name is Daniel and I work at a company that prioritizes collaboration with teams. I came across this TED talk which I found really interesting and believe it relates to Jeep folk.

I'm the type that absolutely hates asking for help with anything. It's a little easier on forums to ask this or that, but in person, needing jumper cables, asking for a hand to install a part - all things that I'd be so unimaginably uncomfortable with. Why? I don't know. I suppose it's mainly because I've needed to do a lot of things on my own and am a bit of an introvert.

About 2 or so years ago, I was talking to a friend who is an avid Jeep community member. He told me about a time where he went wheeling with a large group that he didn't know really well. While out on the trail, he snapped something (I don't recall what) and was in a really difficult situation. All of the people that he was with lended a hand and sourced a part that he needed to make the repair while on the trail and continue on. I mentioned that I would have been horribly embarrassed to ask for help. He essentially said that he was the same way at the time but people made him feel really welcomed and wanted to help. I thought about how that culture was something that I really liked and hoped to be a part of one day.

Fast forward and I just came across this TED Talk linked above, which introduced me to the concept of teaming. I think it might be applicable to how enthusiastic Jeep people can be to help one another. Consider this my effort to be more extroverted and involved. Also - count me in if you need a hand with something and are in Austin. TX. :)
Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Yep! it is part of the the jeep thing and so is the wave. Here is my story from 1977. Going up skiing to Big Bear, in my 77 cj-7 golden eagle . By myself, the traffic is dead stopped for 8 miles. No body moving snow drifts 8 feet high on either side of the road . Just a 2 lane mtn road up to Big Bear,. Along comes a cj-5 with 3 guys in it . Locals form the mountain I guess. They stop say hello ask why I am waiting in line. I say "because there must be an accident up there" they say "Nope, just people putting on chains" you can go ahead and go. I said "thanks" So I did! They were right drove past the entire line parked athe front of the lot. ( the best parking spot I have ever got at any ski resort ever!" but here is the thing they didn't have to stop or give me advice or anything...... but they did........ so when the next time I sa a jeep and they waved I waved back. and so it goes some 40 year later and is still going.

OP
OP
Tragdor

Tragdor

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Vehicle Showcase
@wanderer thats a great story! Man I hope that more people will share other cool/fun Jeep stories! :)

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I think that they will.
Sponsored