JeepJLBase

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
I prefer that there is no change in ownership and would like for someone inside the current structure take the reigns. I would bet my life that there are capable people there currently that can take care of the problems. Having processes that are tested, implemented, accountable and work fixes most problems at each level. This seems like money grab to me.
Sponsored

SunStormJLU

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Jl Rubicon
Occupation
Electrican
Vehicle Showcase
It is new, this is not the same motor as the past 7 years.

VM Motori (FCA) has said that 80% of the engine’s content is all new.
It’s not new they’ve just had to change where things are located to accommodate for the capabilities of the Jeep over ther ram the key components of the engine that make it an engine are the exact same

SunStormJLU

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Jl Rubicon
Occupation
Electrican
Vehicle Showcase
The welding, as pointed out a few times, had nothing to do with Italian engineering, and everything to do with a sub-contractor messing up some programming and failing to QC the frames before they shipped to FCA. The said supplier was American, BTW.
Completely agree 90% of the time it has nothing to do with the actual vehicle manufacture rather there parts suppliers and on every production vehicle things get missed unless your spending a few million on a hand build vehicle don’t expect it to be flawless

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
It’s not new they’ve just had to change where things are located to accommodate for the capabilities of the Jeep over ther ram the key components of the engine that make it an engine are the exact same
That’s incorrect. The new 3.0 EcoDiesel is not the exact same as years past. They had to redesign it after the emissions scandal.

New block, new heads, new turbo, new pistons, new DI, etc.

Since it’s 80% new parts, FCA is calling it the 3rd Generation EcoDiesel.

This may be confusing to some as it has the same displacement (3.0) and torque rating (442 lb/ft) as the old 2nd Gen motor.

Much like the Gen 1 and Gen 2 Pentastar share displacement (3.6) and power ratings (285 hp/260 lb-ft)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Captain Skip

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
The designers at Peugeot are taking over Jeep designs. This is what they came up with for the 2022 JL. I think it's going to be named after the merger, they're going to call it Purge.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Parent Fiat Chrysler Agrees to Merger With Peugeot Owner PSA 135425221_1806511102860854_263761243961923419_n

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
As long as Mike Manley, now head of North American production, is in charge, the Jeep Wrangler will only get better. Jeep and Ram are highly profitable and unique.
Tavares may mix'n match, cost cut in Europe, but the Jeep and Ram lines are sacred, and will not be diluted, as long as they are PROFITABLE. If they falter, watch out..

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

The designers at Peugeot are taking over Jeep designs. This is what they came up with for the 2022 JL. I think it's going to be named after the merger, they're going to call it Purge.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Parent Fiat Chrysler Agrees to Merger With Peugeot Owner PSA 135425221_1806511102860854_263761243961923419_n
I know you’re joking, but a 4WD micro/minivan ala some of the classic Delicas for over landing would be interesting. Doubt we would see a cab forward design, but it would be cool.

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
hope they put that diesel motor from the 80s in it.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Italian and French engineering.....

Two things that do not strike confidence.
I honestly do not see much difference in automobile engineering anymore . Most of the mass produced vehicles not only look the same but they use almost identical mechanical components . As soon as a new design that proves to be technological advancement appears on the market the competition quickly modifies their own product with lightning speed . Now with the new upcoming administration in DC that will surely safe the human race from extinction everybody will be following California's regulatory environmental policies and further development of new powerful gasoline engines by US companies will be a thing of the past.

hybrid3.0

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JGC
Auto manufacturing has been a global proposition for a long time and it is not necessarily always a bad thing. I love my 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2 Hemi Summit which has great DNA: Mercedes designed chassis (same as w166 ML platform - older but still great), independent suspension and air ride; American hemi V8 and Jeep Quadra-Trac II drivetrain; Italian diamond stitched leather interior. On Wranglers, I believe 2.0L turbo engine is built/will be built in Kokomo, Indiana for cars globally. ZF transmissions are some of the best. Wranglers are built in Toledo, OH. It's hard to tell what the French will add, but if quality goes down, at least I will enjoy a French Cafe' experience while I wait for warranty service to be performed so that is not a bad brand experience either LOL!
Sponsored