Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Well the SA in PSA just stands for Société Anonyme which is the French equivalent of Limited Liability Company or Inc. so there's no real need for the SA to continue.

I would go for PFC (Peugeot Fiat Chrysler) or they spend a few million dollars paying consultants to come up with something totally different. AUTOMONDO
The 'SA' will most likely be dropped... the parent company will be Dutch.
Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Well the SA in PSA just stands for Société Anonyme which is the French equivalent of Limited Liability Company or Inc. so there's no real need for the SA to continue.

I would go for PFC (Peugeot Fiat Chrysler) or they spend a few million dollars paying consultants to come up with something totally different. AUTOMONDO
Good point Joel. Besides, the US already has PSA locked up in a bunch of things, not the least a medical test whose higher values are associated with prostate abnormalities.

And of course KFC has always been associated with "The Colonel," especially since the 1990s when "Kentucky Fried Chicken" began being equated with Heart Disease.

By comparison, I imagine the Private First Class is downright aligned with Wrangler Patriotic Themes; much that nobody at that rank can much afford one.

; - )

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
The key is on any of these if you have concerns is to wait out the first model year and see how they do. I broke my own golden rule on the JL and bought on the first year cause ... it was so damn sexy..

Another metric I have is if a problem is discovered does the manufacture cover it or sweep it under the rug. FCA saying steering stabilizers is the fix for new JL death shimmy/wobble is the steering stabilizer is not acceptable.

I am going to shop for something new (I normally keep a vehicle for 10+ years), as a combination of not alot of faith in the the Wrangler post warranty and the bigger factor that I have had to evacuate from fires (Just got back yesterday) 2 of the last 3 years... Embers + soft top and needing to haul your stuff out in middle of the night in a 2 door wrangler + wifes car is not gonna work

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Just so long as they don't change the name to "Le Jeep"

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75th Anniversary (2016) WK2 Trail Rated Laredo in Recon Green
Occupation
Retired Navy (2004) Now, Loafer & Fly Fisher
I cringed when Fiat took over Chrysler, but honestly, they wildly exceeded my expectations and produced the best Wrangler ever. We've got to understand that there is a major change afoot with electrification and other new technologies and to be competitive is going to require billions of investment and extensive engineering capacity. FCA has felt they can't do this adequately alone, so that's why they've been seeking a merger or a partner. My lack of knowledge and understanding of how to run an automobile company, combined with being wrong in the past has made me very cautious about rushing to judgement. I'll sit back and wait and see what happens. We might be surprised at the good that comes of it for Jeep. FCA has Jeep at record sales and has done a much better job than Mercedes did. Who saw that coming?
I (mostly) agree . . . however, a "Cautionary Tale," When One looks at Parts/Manufacturing %-ages over recent Years/Generations (JK/JL) I (speaking only for myself) find the #'s Concerning. For Instance, after a few Local Dealership inventory searches . . . i.e.; 2015-2017 JK's Parts breakdown varied from 71 to 73% USA/Canada // the new JL comes in at a mere 58% with ~ 16 TO 18% MEXICO . That's quit a drop off ! So I'm wondering how much further will the WRANGLER Brand "heritage" be Diluted with a "French Twist" Tickling up the works ? I'm sure there will be those who feel that, "As long as the Quality Remains 'Up to Jeep Standards' it shouldn't matter!". BUT, a Long Standing JEEP Advertising Rallying Cry has been IT's JEEP HERITAGE . What will Jim Morrison be saying at The 2021 Detroit Auto Show ? Thinking he will say, " Well it IS called the Detroit INTERNATIONAL Auto Show . . . after all, right?" :facepalm: :lipssealed: . . . :( / :) ? ;) !

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75th Anniversary (2016) WK2 Trail Rated Laredo in Recon Green
Occupation
Retired Navy (2004) Now, Loafer & Fly Fisher
They cut corners on JL, steering is weak and under designed right out of factory and only offer a "Fix" of replacing steering stabilizer. Issues happen, leaving us with a bandaid is a choice (steering stabilizer is their fix for factory death shimmy/wobble), and one that along with others is why they are a bottom tier company.

They did alot of good things in the JL, dont get me wrong, but sadly the penny pinching and corner cutting has gotten them into toilet.

Absolute crap company.
:swear: So. . . how much you asking for your 2 door JL :whatsgoingon: Care for a little "French WINE" with your "Wining"? :crying:

ps; just a little funnin' at your expense . . . now it's time for me to leave the kitchen, before it gets too hot ! :angel:

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
:swear: So. . . how much you asking for your 2 door JL :whatsgoingon: Care for a little "French WINE" with your "Wining"? :crying:

ps; just a little funnin' at your expense . . . now it's time for me to leave the kitchen, before it gets too hot ! :angel:
Its ok, after second time running in the night from doomsday fires driven by "historic winds" in a soft top, I maybe looking for military grade :(

Gotta say coming home last night after being evacuated again is nice, poor jeep has so much tree crap that was blown by the crazy winds its hard to even see the color of the jeep

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Yeah which affected many other manufacturers and it was only a small percentage of Toyotas that had the issue. This is normal, Toyotas are recalled and have problems too. But it is the history and average that counts, and the data doesn't lie. Toyota is the most reliable brand in the world, even with its ups and downs. They deserve to be recognized for their excellent reliability and should set an example for other manufacturers. The way I see it, as long as Toyotas are more reliable, it should push Jeep to make more reliable vehicle and we owners end up with a better product. So kudos to Toyota.

The Jeep Wrangler, unlike other Jeeps, actually has historically above average reliability, and hopefully the JL will follow the same pattern. In harsh lands like Australia and South America, where you might go on an off-road trip away from civilization for weeks, people take Toyotas not Jeeps, and that's simply because they are a lot more reliable.
. Toyota sells more cars per year than any other manufacturer because they are the most reliable. This fact is not lost on the industry. FCA wants in.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Hearing special edition Le Jeep to be launched in 2021

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Good. It's hideous.
Really? I think they look pretty sweet. Specially with their V8 4.5 Liter turbo diesel. These things are beasts. The reason they don't sell in the U.S. is probably because they're too expensive, come mostly with a manual trans, and the interior is terrible. I am not even sure if they would pass pollution standards here.

e3e8c259998b323036d0c741c8647ba6.jpg

lc70_bep_safety-hero_1920x1080.jpg