Jeep ownership in Florida is boring!

Chrismeece74

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Freedom Unlimited
Plenty of places to go offloading here in Florida, almost all of the state wildlife management areas have trails, and like others have said a few offroad parks. Wheeling isn't the same as out west, but still plenty of places to do it, just requires some driving.
Sponsored

swflfireguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Retired Fireman
Vehicle Showcase
^^^ Yep, I wouldn't mind a roadtrip to some hills tho. Best part of winter is pulling up to a light with the doors and top off and some guy in a $450K McLaren and he's giving the jeep the green eyes!

Packnbeer

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
I have nowhere to wheel offroad here either. Its a 3 hour drive to the closest place to hit some trails. Still have more fun in my Jeep than any other vehicle I have ever owned

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
It’s funny because being in PA I am sometimes envious of the pictures people post of the wide open trails in FL, Jeep beach week, and Jeep Jam down in Panama City.

Of course I’m a displaced Floridian that’s in the military and looking forward to getting back to the land of sun and sand. ☀🏝🐊
Army, Central PA. Billeted at the Gap? Just curious.

More to the point, Rausch Creek is reasonably accessible from your presumed AO. A variety of trail networks, from easy to difficult, will give you and your Jeep a full plate for the day.

I remember the feeling of being a displaced Keystone Stater when I was stationed in Florida. ;)

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
I think it’s easy to look at this site and be envious of where everyone else gets to wheel.

It’s funny because being in PA I am sometimes envious of the pictures people post of the wide open trails in FL, Jeep beach week, and Jeep Jam down in Panama City.

Of course I’m a displaced Floridian that’s in the military and looking forward to getting back to the land of sun and sand. ☀🏝🐊
I'm about 3 hours south of Rausch Creek and AOAA. But I would much rather be close to some of the offroad parks they have in FL.

BLU392

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392xr
As a central Florida jeeper I feel your pain. Ocala is only an hour from me but dense ground cover and tight trails make for nasty pinstripping. Like others have said we get to enjoy the weather longer than most. I try to focus on that. I roll the SOT back, put on my favorite tune and enjoy the sunshine.

30 years of driving Jeeps and i still feel like I’m on vacation when I put the top down.

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
I'll see your flat land... and raise you 1500+ miles to the nearest beach... 👍 We do, however, get some snow to play in.

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Army, Central PA. Billeted at the Gap? Just curious.

More to the point, Rausch Creek is reasonably accessible from your presumed AO. A variety of trail networks, from easy to difficult, will give you and your Jeep a full plate for the day.

I remember the feeling of being a displaced Keystone Stater when I was stationed in Florida. ;)
You guessed it, I am at the gap. I haven’t been to Rausch yet. I usually go up to the Bald Eagle State Forrest area or AOAA. Definitely not complaining about being here, it’s a beautiful area. So much so that my wife is leaning on staying after we retire. I’m down with that as long as we escape to somewhere warm come end of February into early March.

What part of FL were you stationed at, panhandle? Making the assumption that you were either Air Force or navy with that guess.

Sponsored

CaboJim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willy's
Ok don’t shoot me yet!

I just can’t help feel left out of all the cool groups, members & get togethers that don’t live in the flatlands. That actually get to use their jeeps, without having to travel hundreds or thousands of miles. I don’t wanna overland in the Everglades! Lol …
We saw a JL with the doors and top off parked at a rest area in the Everglades. That's when we fell in love with the Jeep. It was so beautiful. This was a couple of years ago. Our new Jeep should arrive any day now.

MayThe4x4BWU

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR
Occupation
IT Small Business Owner
Tradeoff for year round temperate climate 😝

At least you don't have to deal with miles upon miles of farmland once you get outside of major cities 😆

From my roadtrip adventures over the years, Illinois through Iowa and Nebraska until you reach western Nebraska has to be one of THE most boring stretches of highways in the US 😴

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
The ONE advantage to being in central Ca.— mountains, beaches, dunes, and desert all in a short to reasonable drive. But I’ll trade you taxes and regulations.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I'm going to visit Jacksonville during Thanksgiving week. So you're saying it would not be worth it for me to rent a jeep while there?

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah 115 degrees but it is "dry heat" right.
@115F , it gets very uncomfortable. Even if there is no sun, you are still getting cooked in the hot air, convection style! ;) lol When it is that high, i cover up and blast the A/C!
Sponsored