Jeep owners probably most prepared for Corona Virus

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
And, of course, the inept Trump administration with their spur of the moment, whipsaw, reactive approach, decides to do “enhanced” screening at US international airports. Passengers stood in a government forced herd. Shoulder to shoulder for 4+ hours —- exactly contrary to the CDC guidelines — to get “enhanced screening...”.

anyone know what that is? They got asked 4 questions and were then handed some kind of fact sheet. The government thanks to Trump PERSONALLY, yep as much as he wants to pass the buck to anyone but himself — he can’t —— PERSONALLY —- has put Americans more at risk in those lines than they would have been otherwise. One 70-year old grandmother tweeted her daughter that she was safer in Germany.

The TSA is inept because Trump is inept. MATH, simple multiplication, would have shown what was going to happen with Trumps “plan”. Hint there is no plan—- there is just a bloviating idiot who can’t formulate a cohesive plan with other heads of State. Apparently, neither Trump or any of the idiots he surrounds himself with can multiply and divide.
Sponsored

Last edited:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
White House said no curfews. NY is enforcing a curfew between 8pm and 5am.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Because the White House is inept and Trump is an inept ignoramus WITHOUT a plan. The State governors are doing a good job. They have a revolver to their head and they seemingly are trying to not overwhelm the healthcare system while trying to not blow up their local economies. Trump? He’s eating a McMuffin and tweeting lies in his bathrobe.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Again, here is the UTTER lack of planning by a President who simply does not have the intellectual capacity of a grapefruit:

“Respirators, ventilators, all of the equipment — try getting it yourselves,” Trump told the governors during the conference call, according to the New York Times. “We will be backing you, but try getting it yourselves. Point of sales, much better, much more direct if you can get it yourself,” Trump said.

in other words: “I have a filet of fish sandwich to eat. If you can’t get respirators, it’s your fault not mine. Anyone have any white tartan sauce? “

pence: “you mean Tarter sauce? Mr. President?”

‘Trump: No,it’s called Tartan sauce.”

pence: ‘yes, of course Sir. Here is your Tartan sauce”

kulow: ‘Tartan sauce”

Mnuchin: ‘isn’t Tartan sauce yummy, Sir?”

fucking morons

Sponsored

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Did not hear about this. I know we are restricting restaurants and Jersey has a curfew.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I think the individual states should be responsible for their State's action. Not sure how the Federal Govt. (Trump as he is the one that gets the blame) would know what is best for each state. What may work for a North Dakota may not work for say New York. This is why we have a State and Local govt. The State and Local govt should be in a much better position to know what is needed for their area.

amnesiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
announcements today sound like New York is getting with the program. that’s good. Hope it’s not too late.

amnesiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
I think the individual states should be responsible for their State's action. Not sure how the Federal Govt. (Trump as he is the one that gets the blame) would know what is best for each state. What may work for a North Dakota may not work for say New York. This is why we have a State and Local govt. The State and Local govt should be in a much better position to know what is needed for their area.
That’s always been the strange thing about the USA. It’s a collection of States (the term most of the world uses instead of Country) loosely held together by a federal government.

the problem is, the CDC is supposed to be on top of this thing and providing guidance to the individual States.

I don’t believe each State has the resources to run their own CDC.

It’s a global pandemic. The measures taken are going to be very similar no matter where they are implemented.

But I do agree with the old adage, “no matter what the president does, he’s wrong.”

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
The fed is supposed to provide logistical support and resources esp in times like now. Leadership starts at the top. If it’s every state for itself, plenty of states in the country would be in the red.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Did not hear about this. I know we are restricting restaurants and Jersey has a curfew.
I am not totally sure about NY. I meant NJ. NJ is going to enforce curfews. San Francisco is on 24 hour lock down now. I would guess other Cities will follow.

JeepJLBase

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
We need leadership from the central government during these events. How can 50 states and territories develop 50+ different solutions for this? It’s obvious that the current administration is concerned about the upcoming election than be a humanitarian to the public.

Thinman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Rebel 12 and...... a 2012 Prius
SF is not on 24 hour lockdown. Close I suppose (not really). 7 counties here have been ordered to Shelter in Place, but there are a ton of exceptions. The key is to get as many people to distance themselves from others as much as possible.

Here is the list of exemptions that may continue to operate and people may continue to utilize. It's all pretty common sense stuff

Code:
For the purposes of this Order, "Essential Businesses" means:
Healthcare Operations and Essential Infrastructure;
Grocery stores, certified farmers' markets,  farm and produce stands, supermarkets, food banks,  convenience  stores,  and  other  establishments engaged in the retail sale of canned food, dry goods, fresh fruits and vegetables, pet supply, fresh meats, fish, and poultry, and any other household consumer products (such as cleaning and  personal  care  products).  This  includes  stores that sell groceries and also sell other non-grocery products, and  products necessary to maintaining the safety, sanitation, and essential operation of residences;
Food cultivation, including farming, livestock, and fishing;
Businesses that provide food, shelter, and social services, and other necessities of life for economically disadvantaged or otherwise needy individuals;
Newspapers, television, radio, and other media services;
Gas stations and auto-supply, auto-repair, and related facilities;
Banks and related financial institutions;
Hardware stores;
Plumbers, electricians, exterminators, and other service providers who provide services that are necessary to maintaining the safety, sanitation, and essential operation of residences, Essential Activities, and Essential Businesses;
Businesses providing mailing and shipping services, including post office boxes;
Educational institutions-including public and private K-12 schools, colleges, and universities-for purposes of facilitating distance learning or performing essential functions, provided that social distancing of six-feet per person is maintained to the greatest extent possible;
Laundromats, drycleaners, and laundry service providers;
Restaurants and other facilities that prepare and serve food, but only for delivery or carry out. Schools and other entities that typically provide free food services to students or members of the public may continue to do so under this Order on the condition that the food is provided to students or members of the public on a pick-up and take-away basis only. Schools and other entities that provide food services under this exemption shall not permit the food to be eaten at the site where it is provided, or at any other gathering site;
Businesses that supply products needed for people to work from home;
Businesses that supply other essential businesses with the support or supplies necessary to operate;
Businesses that ship or deliver groceries, food, goods or services directly to residences;
Airlines, taxis, and other private transportation providers providing transportation services necessary for Essential Activities and other purposes expressly authorized in this Order;
Home-based care for seniors, adults, or children;
Residential facilities and shelters for seniors, adults, and children;
Professional services, such as legal or accounting services, when necessary to assist in compliance with legally mandated activities;
Childcare facilities providing services that enable employees exempted in this Order to work as permitted. To the extent possible, childcare facilities must operate under the following mandatory conditions:
Childcare must be carried out in stable groups of 12 or fewer ("stable" means that the same 12 or fewer children are in the same group each day).
Children shall not change from one group to another.
If more than one group of children is cared for at one facility, each group shall be in a separate Groups shall not mix with each other.
Childcare providers shall remain solely with one group of children.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
That’s always been the strange thing about the USA. It’s a collection of States (the term most of the world uses instead of Country) loosely held together by a federal government.

the problem is, the CDC is supposed to be on top of this thing and providing guidance to the individual States.

I don’t believe each State has the resources to run their own CDC.

It’s a global pandemic. The measures taken are going to be very similar no matter where they are implemented.

But I do agree with the old adage, “no matter what the president does, he’s wrong.”
Bingo.

STATES can not cope with a pandemic or natural disaster like a cat 5 hurricane. They cannot cope with large economic disruptions. That is why there are mechanisms in place to have the CDC, FEMA, SEC, FAA, etc. Trump has done nothing but eat a filet of Fish sandwich while the Governors struggle with needing help.

‘if this President didn’t spend 90% of his time lying, he could spend it leading.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
We need leadership from the central government during these events. How can 50 states and territories develop 50+ different solutions for this? It’s obvious that the current administration is concerned about the upcoming election than be a humanitarian to the public.
Trump is only concerned with himself and if he looks good in the bathroom mirror.
“I take no responsibility for all of the issues with this..... all Obama’s fault”

Truman had the “buck stop here”

the only thing that stops with Trump is a filet of fish sandwich..... LEADERSHIP is about recognizing that the CDC utterly failed...... and that the CDC is HIS CDC. But not Trump..... nope ..... after 3 years it’s still Obama’s fault.

F*$k Trump. I’m a Texas Republican and I am voting for Biden as of last week.
Sponsored