Sponsored

Jeep owners probably most prepared for Corona Virus

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
No sir, I think you may have confused my post with someone else? For clarity, I was saying that the panic needs to subside.

No hard feelings, I’ll delete my posts as well. :fist bump: :beer::beer:
Thank you, maybe we are all on edge over this unfolding event that we have no control over; we should be looking forward to Jeep Adventures, not worrying about " will I be here in 6 months"
So apologies for a disrespectful reply...
Sponsored

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
Awesome to see respect in heated discourse and acknowledge when things have gone a bit far. Props to prevailing cool heads! We're all in this together. Hugs around! No...wait... handsha...er...fist bump...no... ummm...Jeep wave from a medically acceptable distance.

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I understand the phenomenon of purchasing during a crisis...it's called retail therapy and we often perform this to feel in control during stressful situations...but why copious amounts of toilet paper? And produce. And rotisserie chickens apparently. Perishables went out the door around our areas. Do people plan on eating all of this in a week? Do they even have the fridge and freezer capacity? Or is it all going to end up in the trash in 1-2 weeks?

And why bottled water...

Too many questions.

Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I went to the store today for some formula for the newborn, it was ALL gone at Costco. Panic buying almost cost me food for my infant. Luckily the other costco in the poorer neighborhood had a few containers. Neither had diapers, toilet paper, meat, or milk

luckily I didnt NEED anything, just looking to replace/rotate stock

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went to the store today for some formula for the newborn, it was ALL gone at Costco. Panic buying almost cost me food for my infant. Luckily the other costco in the poorer neighborhood had a few containers. Neither had diapers, toilet paper, meat, or milk

luckily I didnt NEED anything, just looking to replace/rotate stock
That's terrible.

Panic buying generally is a self-fulfilling prophecy....I need to buy in bulk because stores will run out of stock but in buying in bulk I cause stock to deplete. If you genuinely plan on not leaving your home for an extended duration, fine. But my goodness, Karen if you step one foot out of your house just to complain to a manager I'm shopping at your hoarder house for free.

amnesiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
My 2 cents.

Things that seem unrelated to this pandemic, such as toilet paper, are a bit silly. But people need to feel like they have control over something. They want to feel like they are doing something to protect themselves and their family.

Water, yeah... at this point, there is no reason to believe, even in a worse case scenario, that our water supply would be compromised. Did I pick up some extra water? You bet your a$$ I did.

Rule of thumb: you can survive 3 weeks without food, but only 3 days without water.

I’m not sure of the exact numbers, but I’m guessing you can survive a long time without toilet paper.

This whole thing is going to suck, but let’s all use some common sense, and try to be excellent to one another. I’m more concerned about people freaking out than anything else.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
Well, there's always Nature's Backup Plan, in the shape of that BIG Asteroid out there...
Which will carry the real plague, and then those who live in the country and sticks armed to the teeth will be fine when the rest of us are zombies

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
My 2 cents.

Things that seem unrelated to this pandemic, such as toilet paper, are a bit silly. But people need to feel like they have control over something. They want to feel like they are doing something to protect themselves and their family.

Water, yeah... at this point, there is no reason to believe, even in a worse case scenario, that our water supply would be compromised. Did I pick up some extra water? You bet your a$$ I did.

Rule of thumb: you can survive 3 weeks without food, but only 3 days without water.

I’m not sure of the exact numbers, but I’m guessing you can survive a long time without toilet paper.

This whole thing is going to suck, but let’s all use some common sense, and try to be excellent to one another. I’m more concerned about people freaking out than anything else.
May I ask two questions:

1) why did you buy water for this emergency when there is an infinitesimal chance that the public water systems would go out? What made you actually believe that buying water was necessary?
2) are you aware that throughout history that humans wiped their asses with sponges or rags or moss until toilet paper was invented about 150 years ago? Nobody died from it and, in fact, lived to procreate all of us.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
May I ask two questions:

1) why did you buy water for this emergency when there is an infinitesimal chance that the public water systems would go out? What made you actually believe that buying water was necessary?
2) are you aware that throughout history that humans wiped their asses with sponges or rags or moss until toilet paper was invented about 150 years ago? Nobody died from it and, in fact, lived to procreate all of us.
common-sense-is-not-a-gift-its-a-punishment-because-44024678.png

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
JL Forum Patient Zero candidate here...

Yesterday afternoon I was just having a bit of drainage and scratchy throat, and I went to Walgreens and CVS looking for a thermometer. I may as well have been lookng for ammo during the L.A riots. During the ride home, it struck me we have a pile of Thermapens and other digital thermometers. I checked their website and verified certification is reasonable. +/- 0.6F. The issue is that the probe is pointed for inserting into meat. I found I could place it carefully under my tongue and get a reliable read.

Last night, checked my temp. No temp. Mucus drain was bad and I tried to sleep propped up and leaned forward on the couch. Still couldn't sleep. Had some Nasonex laying around and figured what the heck. 2 shots in each side and .... wow! it cleaned up my drainage. Got some sleep eventually.

Took my temp this morning...meh, maybe 1 degree up if at all. A little light headed, like a beer or two. Dog didn't cut me any slack. Took him out to pee. Tried to call him, but sounded like a bullfrog croaking. Probably shouldn't use "croaking" to describe me. LOL. Coffee is feeling good.

Kidder212

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0L turbo
My entire family works in healthcare. All 4 daughters are RNs working in the emergency rooms. The new trend is patients coming in and stealing gloves, hand sanitizer, and masks. My daughters husband, also an ER nurse caught a patients family stealing supplies and asked what they thought the out come would be once the hospitals runout of supplies? The answer was “not their problem.” He informed the family member that most of the medical staff wasn’t planning on showing up for work if they can’t protect themselves and the end result is going to be everyone’s problem. Food for thought
Sponsored