Jeep owners probably most prepared for Corona Virus

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Dont' know about you, but if it hits the fan here I'm taking the JLU deep wheeling into the woods with some hard core camping equipment. Anyone coming within 200 feet of our camp will be met with extreme prejudice.l. Cant think of a better bug-out vehicle for this crisis.
Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
A vaccine, if one becomes available, is 12-18 months away.

Since you will need to stay in the woods, without resupply, for this plan to be effective good luck jamming enough food, water, gas, and other needs into your Jeep for your 18 months of isolation.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Lol, I still think getting away from crowded areas is good for lots of reasons, this included. Not worried. I wash hands frequently and stay in good shape. I'm a healthy 51 years old and think I could fight it off. However, I work in a large middle school with 1450 students and staff, so if it gets around, I'll be exposed, at some point. So, if it strikes me down, its part of the Good Lord's perfect plan and I'll depart with great gratitude for the life I've been given.

I'm actually traveling to Greece in March with a group of students. Part of it is on a cruise ship. :facepalm: I know it has hit northern Italy, so it is on the move, for sure.

Even so, I've got bug-out gear and am ready to hit the trails at a moment's notice! I just have to come up with some ways to booby-trap the camp perimeter....;)

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
"bug-out" and "cruise ship" in the same post? :surprised:

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
What's the mortality rate ? If it " escaped" from a Bio Lab in Wuhan ( read the Forbes article on this ), a vaccine would already have been in reserve . Very infectious, long incubation, lots of Magical Thinking will be required if it mutates into a more lethal form. Living it, instead of watching in a movie theater, very unsettling..

Sponsored

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Honestly I wouldn't worry about the whole Corona panic too much. When the time to launch for the stars comes then I will go . I do not worry much anymore about most of things because it simply isn't under my control to call the last call. I enjoy driving the Jeep because I know only too well I won't stop any virus epidemic just as I won't stop global warming by riding a bicycle or a hybrid KIA. I can only try to minimize fear .Fear is mostly unproductive and very stressful so just keep smiling my friends. When the last call comes it comes.

JP 3.0

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins, 2020 JLUD
What's the mortality rate ? If it " escaped" from a Bio Lab in Wuhan ( read the Forbes article on this ), a vaccine would already have been in reserve . Very infectious, long incubation, lots of Magical Thinking will be required if it mutates into a more lethal form. Living it, instead of watching in a movie theater, very unsettling..
It’s around 3%. More 24 hour news cycle hype..

Sponsored

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
COVID-19 is for real. But, I would be more worried about catching the flu & possibly dying from it. The flu has shut down schools, churches, events, clogged up hospitals, & has been running rampant around here. Lots more deaths associated with the flu, especially this season. It's been really bad. This has to be one of the worst flu seasons in a long time & it is contagious to.

So, just don't panic, & remember the news likes to sensationalize everything.
;)

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
It’s around 3%. More 24 hour news cycle hype..
I have heard differently. It’s a hard number to nail down given infection time lags, etc. but, I am increasingly reading that the death rate is something like 1%-ish. (The flu is typically about 0.1%-ish)

I think the numbers break out like this:
If a pandemic, some doctors are saying up to 60% of the global population might get it. Then
About 15% of those cases will be severe (with about 5% of the total being “critical”) then
About 1% (of the total infected) will die.

if this is true, that is a boatload of people globally who will die..... maybe 40m-ish?

the breakdown of those who have already died skew greatly to the old (over 80), cardiovascular disease, already sick or immuno compromised, diabetics, hypertension, pre-existing respiratory issues, and possibly smokers. Men die at a slightly higher rate than women. Others can die from the virus too but they do seem less at risk.

so, while you can die from this, if you are 40, male, fit and without any of the issues above, you are likely NOT gonna die from this, even if you get it.....

that said, if anyone wants to pack their Jeep and head to the woods,plan on a 2 year trip........... better have at least a JLU for that..... need the extra storage space....

Last edited:

JP 3.0

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins, 2020 JLUD
You’re right, 2.3% according to the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy center.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase