Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Be careful buying online Jeep parts and accessories that come from China.

A buddy told me about wish.com, the website that sells cool stuff for dirt cheap. So I went on there over the weekend and ordered a Jeep emblem, some decals, and a whole bunch of Jeep swag. Their delivery window was 2-3 weeks, which I found acceptable.

This morning I checked again: delivery period is now 2-3 MONTHS!!! I tried to cancel but wish.com doesn’t accept cancellations once you place an order. They must have known that delivery times are 2-3 months these days, but still showed 2-3 weeks to get my money. So now I’m stuck expecting my nice Jeep winter jackets to arrive in the middle of summer.

Separately, I’ve been shopping for wheels for my Fiat 124 Spider. Went to Discount Tire yesterday: they called Konig to check inventory on some wheels I want. At first we were told a 45-day wait; after pressing a bit more Konig admitted they don’t expect to receive anything for at least 3 months after an order is placed.

So be careful before you hit “Place Order” on those Jeep parts. You may get stuck waiting for months. Literally.
Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Timing is Everything. Great Pandemic of the last century, 1918. Within 2 years of that date, 2020 , here we go. Or Not. Lets see what we have learned in the interim...
102 years....what's that mean?

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
102 years....what's that mean?
There has been a pattern in history of pandemic disease about every 120 years that has killed off a good chunk of the population.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
There has been a pattern in history of pandemic disease about every 120 years that has killed off a good chunk of the population.
So, this one will get quashed and we have another 18 years before The Big One. I'll be 18 years more ready to go by then. By then, I'll probably won't be able to eat solid food, have hemoroids as big as walnuts, and a prostate as big as a grapefruit.

Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
A vaccine, if one becomes available, is 12-18 months away.

Since you will need to stay in the woods, without resupply, for this plan to be effective good luck jamming enough food, water, gas, and other needs into your Jeep for your 18 months of isolation.
not a problem with the gladiator, might need a camper trailer but 5000lbs is a lot of supplies you can bring

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
not a problem with the gladiator, might need a camper trailer but 5000lbs is a lot of supplies you can bring
How much toilet paper does a family use in 18 months?:ontheloo:

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
A vaccine, if one becomes available, is 12-18 months away.

Since you will need to stay in the woods, without resupply, for this plan to be effective good luck jamming enough food, water, gas, and other needs into your Jeep for your 18 months of isolation.
Yep. That is a significantly higher death rate than the flu. 2.5% doesn't sound bad, but if (maybe when) the number of cases of Coronavirus reaches the same level as flu cases, we'll all see what that really means, up close, and it will be VERY bad.

One thing we're assuming with that death rate is that the numbers being reported are accurate. Anyone who believes the Chinese government is beyond naive. Heck, most governments, our own included, have been less than trustworthy. I will say, however, the CDC has a good rep when it comes to this stuff, thanks to the medical community. We'll know the real death rate very quickly when it comes here in numbers.

The US is the best equipped to handle a pandemic, but this one may tax our ability to contain it. The Feds are already warning us to get ready for a bumpy ride. They issued a warning that it could disrupt everyday lives. That's ominous. I can't remember a prior warning like that, and I've been around half a century.

Not trying to be chicken little here, but the warning signs are there that this thing is the real deal. It is checking the boxes of the big feared hypothetical pandemic, one after another. We may have been lulled into a false sense of security after the swine flu panic that didnt' turn out to be as bad as feared.

So true. China is more populous than we are and it has shut them down. This is something to take extremely serious. I'm already a germaphobe and I work from home so my protocols are pretty good. Its not me I'm worried about its my children. Hate to see them get something that I cant protect them from.

Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Yea but in the last 120 years we now have these people called Scientists.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Yea but in the last 120 years we now have these people called Scientists.
I'd say doctors, more specifically, rather than scientists in general. The Scientific community has been so polluted by politics that it is hard to filter out the real science from that which follows an agenda. For me, personally, I'm a little more trusting of the medical profession, although they sometimes can be shady, too. That's just my humble opinion, based on observation. (Did you see what I did there? ;) Lol!)

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
How much toilet paper does a family use in 18 months?:ontheloo:
Two bowel movements per day. Say 5 members in a family. That is 10 poops per day. Each poop needing 10 wipes (again to be generous) so that is 100 sheets per day. Say 500 sheets of double ply in a roll. So one roll every 5 days. 18 months is 540 days, say 550, so 110 rolls needed. Round up to 120 for those extra messy situations.

Or you can use baby wipes. 3 sheets per poop can give 6 wipes, means 30 sheets per day. Means 16,500 sheets. A box of wipes has 900 sheets, and is compact. You would need 18 boxes, say 20 to round it out. 20 boxes takes up half the space of the rolls but weighs significantly more.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I'd say doctors, more specifically, rather than scientists in general. The Scientific community has been so polluted by politics that it is hard to filter out the real science from that which follows an agenda. For me, personally, I'm a little more trusting of the medical profession, although they sometimes can be shady, too. That's just my humble opinion, based on observation. (Did you see what I did there? ;) Lol!)
having worked in both, doing clinical research for big pharma as a phd student, I can tell you the medical community is just as politicized as the research. You really cant have medical research without a phd and you cant have clinical research without an MD.
Sponsored