Sponsored

Jeep owners.. how do you feel knowing your on top of the food chain?

OP
OP

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
Boy Whisky you’re gettin killed in this thread!
Well like you Jeep’s on top of MY food chain and that’s all that counts.
Nah.. this is amusing to me. Thought this would be fun in the spirit of Fords attempt to compete with Jeep. ( which is comical )
Sponsored

omg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Curious as to how many fully realize that the Jeep you drive is the most capable off road vehicle on the market and the envy of ALL. Xoxoxo
production 4 wheel vehicles? or any 4 wheel? what about production enduros and other 2 wheelers?

Sponsored

Whiskey 13

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Black Rubicon, LOD Signature Mid Width Bumper, Smittybilt Gen 3 12000 Lb. Winch Syn. Rope, Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit, Weather Tech Form Fit Mats, ROAM MK 3 Frame Mounted Rock Rails
Anything made by us humans will from time to time fail. Anything driven by us humans especially off road will get stuck. An experienced driver in what many would consider a lesser 4X4 vehicle will run circles around an inexperienced driver with the most capable 4X4.

I love jeeps and the off road way of life but on any given day no matter what you drive someone just may come along and out perform you, but what does that matter as long you are happy to be in your jeep having fun.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
How do I feel at the top of the food chain? Full. ;)

..... Combining the lure of Jeep with its unparalleled off road abilities.....
Both matters of opinion. Obviously I like the Wrangler, but I'm sure there are plenty of Rover owners who would argue theirs is more alluring and capable. Likewise I have no doubt there's a Bronco thread that claims it will beat the Wrangler off road. Heck there's probably Raptor, and Power Wagon threads who would argue the same.
Since no two off-road conditions are the same, it's difficult to say one is "better" than another. One may be better for terrain X while the other is better for terrain Y.
It's like saying humans are the top of the food chain. Only in the right conditions. Throw us into the ocean and sharks will easily move up on the list. What's better (in any category) depends on circumstances.

But in the spirit of the question. I've never really felt my Jeep (or anyone else's) is better than any other vehicle. So how do I feel with the Wrangler at the top of your perceived food chain? Indifferent.
Boring I know, but it answers the question. The joke at the top was worth the response though.

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I've noticed a lot of people with other vehicles (especially toyotas) seem to have an insatiable need to post up when they find out I own a Jeep. The remark is usually around a vague "reliability".

Never happened with any other vehicle. Only the Jeep.

It's got to be some kind of inferiority issue.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I've noticed a lot of people with other vehicles (especially toyotas) seem to have an insatiable need to post up when they find out I own a Jeep. The remark is usually around a vague "reliability".

Never happened with any other vehicle. Only the Jeep.

It's got to be some kind of inferiority issue.
Gawd, that reminds me what it was like to hang out on the Tacoma forums.

My Tacoma was well assembled, I’ll give it that. But it had the most atrocious automatic transmission ever developed, and the most uncomfortable seats.

I wasn’t the only one seeing it, either. But you couldn’t say any of it out loud; you would get attacked immediately. And Toyota “reliability” would invariably be brought up to shut up all dissent.

Toyota trucks are reliable, no doubt. But I have no use for a vehicle, any vehicle, Toyota, Jeep or whatever, if I can’t sit in it for more than 30 minutes. Besides, it is mind boggling that any major automaker will release such a poorly programmed automatic transmission in this day and age. Driving that truck was the opposite of fun.

Every time I brought up these sore issues, I would be told to go buy an $800 programmer to fix the transmission; to get these aftermarket adapters to fix the uncomfortable driver seat. Of course I would then risk having warranty work denied...

It was baffling: this truck has been in production for how long now...and Toyota still hasn’t fixed these relatively common problems...!?!?

Part of it was that many of those people haven’t owned anything but a Toyota for 20 years. So they have no clue how good automatic transmissions —and seats— have become. And they don’t even want to open their minds to the possibility...

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Top of the food chain ? What about this 1000hp electric Hummer ?
index.jpg
It is funny how we are living in a time of computer generated product releases. First the upcoming Jeep Grand Wagoneer, now this new Hummer.

Automakers are using a mix of real-life “concepts” and computer generated simulations to get us to believe how wonderful these products are going to be.

Call me old-fashioned, but I’ll wait for the real thing to come out, and for the press to get its hands on it, before I willingly share my drool...
Sponsored