Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Just because someone makes a ton of money does not mean they have money to spend. Try living in New York City. Most of the people answering this poll are doing so to see the results. Hey, I’m a millionaire astronaut oil company owner........I got this way by switching to Geico, which saved me a tone of money on my ten yachts.
"KrispyKotex" ???
giphy (6).gif

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
A better question/poll may be "How much discretionary income do you have?", although you'd be getting pretty personal and would still get answers that don't really mean anything.

Maximusdafarmer

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6MT
Occupation
Mariner
Vehicle Showcase
I mean you are also polling early adopters of the most expensive Jeep yet... probably going to see that answer skewed towards the higher end of the spectrum for the time being. I think most people did answer honestly since it is not like people see your answer as an individual

Maximusdafarmer

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6MT
Occupation
Mariner
Vehicle Showcase
Personally I would not spend 50-100% of my annual income on a car.... although damn it I would love to

Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I didn’t answer, because nobody’s business, but I’ll say I’m on the low scale as far as regular income. However last year I had some money come my way so I paid off my mortgage, traded and have a paid off JL, and made some investments. It has absolutely nothing to do with my “normal “ income.

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Personally I would not spend 50-100% of my annual income on a car.... although damn it I would love to
50-100%?? Damn that's a large percentage!! I dont think anyone spends that much of there annual income on a car.

A $50K loan over the coarse of 60 months is about $11K a year @ 4%(give or take).

My friend, if your only making $5,500-$11,000 a year, you really need to step your game up.

Maximusdafarmer

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6MT
Occupation
Mariner
Vehicle Showcase
50-100%?? Damn that's a large percentage!! I dont think anyone spends that much of there income on a car.

However, a $50K loan over the coarse of 60 months is about $11K a year @ 4%(give or take).

My friend, if your only making $5,500-$11,000 a year, you really need to step your game up.
You misinterpreted what I am saying. I am talking the total cost of the vehicle in relation to your annual income, not the annual cost. So if you are making under 60k a year and you bought a JL, you could have very easily spent anywhere from 50-100% of your annual income on a car. Not bashing anyone who did that, just saying that would be too large a percentage for me

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
You misinterpreted what I am saying. I am talking the total cost of the vehicle in relation to your annual income, not the annual cost. So if you are making under 60k a year and you bought a JL, you could have very easily spent anywhere from 50-100% of your annual income on a car. Not bashing anyone who did that, just saying that would be too large a percentage for me
Ooooh sorry for the misunderstanding makes total sense.

...I'll shut up now :bandit:

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
What an individual's income is, might be quite a personal question.

At the end of the day, we all acquired a new JL/JLU. A better poll might be how one acquired the said Jeep . . . Purchased, financed, or leased. That info, I would divulge . . . But, that's another thread topic.

Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup

At the end of the day, we all acquired a new JL/JLU. A better poll might be how one acquired the said Jeep . . . Purchased, financed, or leased. That info, I would divulge . . . But, that's another thread topic.
You left out if you stole it ;)

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL

Half cash, half loan. $60K Rubicon order.

Have hard time understanding why anyone would lease a Wrangler. Cant customize it.

If you have good enough credit to lease, why not just buy?? Itll always hold its value. Unless of course your modifications or excessive off roading ruins the thing.

Would love to hear why someone leased there JL....maybe I missing something

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Why do some people seem to think they are the only ones that pay taxes?
Is that how I came across? Did I say that? Sorry that was not my intent. I was trying to show how high my particular taxes are and how tax shelters are not always for people that earn high salaries and "rich people" sometimes are taxed into functionally lower standards of living.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
When you retire, most of your W2 income will presumably go away, and with it, most of your taxes, unless you are earning your income in some other method (own an investment, business, etc)
Given savings and investments, my burn down of my savings for age 85 would allow for a net increase in my income. Of course, with my retirement at 63, I would likely spend a lot in the first 10 years and then slow discretionary spending but increase medical cost spending.

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Half cash, half loan. $60K Rubicon order.

Have hard time understanding why anyone would lease a Wrangler. Cant customize it.

If you have good enough credit to lease, why not just buy?? Itll always hold its value. Unless of course your modifications or excessive off roading ruins the thing.

Would love to hear why someone leased there JL....maybe I missing something
I wrote one check for my JLUR minus the initial $1K order deposit and wrote another for the Mopar Lifetime MaxCare via a different vendor.

Prior to retiring, I leased our work fleet and company vehicles, but that’s a different application.
Sponsored