Jeep owners and politics - uplifting observation

Snellville392

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 740e; 2022 XC40 recharge (2); 2021 XC90 recha
I know a woman whose mother is 90 years old. This woman has a Jeep Wrangler 4xe and a BMW. Her mother can only get into the Wrangler (with a little help, of course). The Jeep is just easier for her to get into.
my Mother is 80 and is exactly the same. I had a BMW 740 I got in part because I thought it would be comfortable for her ride in. she hated it so now I have 2 jeeps with running boards and other than mentioning she thinks the Jeeps are kept getting higher (they arent) no complaints so far🤞
Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Ha! I have a 2021 Corvette and a 2022 JL. Different muscle memory tricks and I'm 74 y.o. .
If my back and knees could stand it, I’d definitely drive a nice sports car. Just can’t do it these days.😞 I still appreciate them when I see a nice one.

TaintedSaint

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler 392
And you can never judge a book by it's cover. I drive a jacked 392 XR gas guzzling beast, and Iove it, but I'm a leftie liberal. I enthusiastically wave at other Jeepers, even if their Jeeps sport offending flags or stickers. We're all just human and need to realize politicians aren't above us, they work for us, and WE make the country what it is. Our country is us, and we need to get along like brothers or we're in trouble.
Love this. I work with some people who think very differently than I do and I love the discourse. I don't ever want to fall into a bubble and only ever talk to people who think like me.

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I joined a Jeep group briefly but lots of members had political stickers and flags. I didn’t want to be painted with that brush by participating. Haven’t been to any events since. Hoping to find a new group that keep their political views closer to the chest but frankly have not found any in the area. I just want to have a good time out on the trails with fun folks and not have to be reminded of political divisions on my free time. This thread gives me hope! If you are in the west/central FL area and just want to wheel without the political nonsense let me let me know! The search continues….

I've struggled with this as well. Been considering starting my own club for this very reason, but then don't like the idea of having to moderate a club when politics inevitably show up in the conversation...

Sponsored

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
OP here:
We're almost to 100 posts without slipping into any political nonsense. This thread should be mandatory reading for our elected officials to give them a true idea of what their constituencies want out of them. Cooperation rather than chaos.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
OP here:
We're almost to 100 posts without slipping into any political nonsense.
Yes and no. Stealth edits have been made by Mgmt. to remove a few posts that perhaps got too close to whatever electric fence exists here for such matters.

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Yes and no. Stealth edits have been made by Mgmt. to remove a few posts that perhaps got too close to whatever electric fence exists here for such matters.
They must like the state that we're in. It feels like a 24 hour plane crash to me.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I appreciate this thread.

I have family members that view *everything* through a political lens and they’re pretty far out there. It’s exhausting because I can’t keep up with the latest outrages.

I’m not exaggerating.

I’m looking forward to doing some wheeling this summer and hope to meet some nice people.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
I appreciate this thread.

I have family members that view *everything* through a political lens and they’re pretty far out there. It’s exhausting because I can’t keep up with the latest outrages.

I’m not exaggerating.

I’m looking forward to doing some wheeling this summer and hope to meet some nice people.
I have them on both sides of the pathetic 2 party aisles, they each only vote all D or all R, policies or morals be damned. They hate that I vote with a brain instead of solid color. So aggravating.
Do what you can to tolerate them because of the family ties, but definitely get away often for the much needed mental cleansing. :rock:

Sponsored

Acf130

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
I've struggled with this as well. Been considering starting my own club for this very reason, but then don't like the idea of having to moderate a club when politics inevitably show up in the conversation...
Hopefully we can figure it out. I’d be happy with a little group that goes on trail rides now and then.

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
Many people don't want to have conversations anymore, the just want to tell you what you should think.

I've had innocent conversations with random people, and somehow they bring politics into it, and often you can tell right away that they are only parroting what they saw on social media, and have no real facts behind the opinions they are sharing.

It's why I don't do the Social Media(Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc) thing anymore, too many political posts, that are mostly propaganda.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
From what I've seen in my short time here that is mostly true....unless an angry grill or 20' wheels are involved :LOL:
Or Rubicon decals on a Sport :)

john adams

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD, Bolt
OP here:
We're almost to 100 posts without slipping into any political nonsense. This thread should be mandatory reading for our elected officials to give them a true idea of what their constituencies want out of them. Cooperation rather than chaos.
Tax rebate for buying a Wrangler? Who's with me?

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh