First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
This is intended as a feel-good observation. Let's not let the topic devolve. Moderator, please don't move this thread into some dusty corner where no one will see it - I think that we can behave ourselves.

I spend 12 hours a week transporting visitors around the Mayo campus via tram (fancy three-row golf cart). Part of my reason for volunteering is the social interaction. It's a big place (205 acres, soon to be 400+) and I get plenty of time to speak to Wrangler owners. And...I have had many great conversations with owners whose Jeeps sport stickers that run against my personal values. The type of conversations so engaging that they last 10 minutes after we arrive at the passenger's destination. My point is that, given a common Jeep bond, we get along splendidly. Compared to all of the crazy discourse (in both directions) in the country today, it feels good to interact without the silliness.

I'd like to go back to that happier time when I was blissfully unaware of other's political viewpoints.

BTW, I see some very nicely modified Wranglers. At any given time there are probably 50 of them on the property.

Humorous aside: The other day an older woman was driving a new Ram 2500. When I complimented her on it, she said "I love it so much that I hardly drive my Bentley anymore". :)
Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed. It’s nice to have places in life that aren’t infected by politics. It has gotten so toxic lately that I’ve pretty much checked out... I don’t have the spare energy for that negativity to be dragging me down. 🤙

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
And you can never judge a book by it's cover. I drive a jacked 392 XR gas guzzling beast, and Iove it, but I'm a leftie liberal. I enthusiastically wave at other Jeepers, even if their Jeeps sport offending flags or stickers. We're all just human and need to realize politicians aren't above us, they work for us, and WE make the country what it is. Our country is us, and we need to get along like brothers or we're in trouble.

AlanD

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nacho Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
You probably see mine there from time to time. But I usually walk as I need the excersize. No political stickers on mine other than the "Bronco rescue vehicle" sticker. Mayo always draws a polite educated crowd, and lets not forget the Jeep wave. Another sign of a friendly group... Take care...

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, the problem stems from a US media that has become highly politicized, which in turn has politicized everything in our daily lives.

We have been trained, through endless repetition, to judge others through a political lens; everything is supposed to have a political angle. Which is unfortunate.

The more reason to keep politics out of this forum. I enjoy coming on here to talk about Jeeps and little else.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
You would be surprised at how many mobility-challenged individuals climb in/out of their lifted Jeeps. Last week I saw a one-legged man get into his like a champ.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I have had many great conversations with owners whose Jeeps sport stickers that run against my personal values.
Possibly this occurs to varying degrees in different geographic areas?

I don't disagree that the level of politicization in society is as high as it's ever been, but I also know that decals, etc. of an explicitly political nature are almost completely absent from the other vehicles (not just Jeeps) that I see on the local highways and byways.

This area being relatively conservative and rural/agricultural means we're probably not as inclined as the more vibrant communities are to advertise our beliefs to folks who didn't ask to see or hear them.

The only provocative image that might be observed on occasion is the Calvin-peeing-on-Ford/Chevy/Glock logo decals on the back of pickup truck windows (and it's always a pickup truck.) As a fanboi of the Austrian hardware, it's their loss if they can't recognize quality... ;)

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
I am new to Jeeping, but my experience so far is that Jeep people are great and most could care less about the politics. Of course this doesn't mean that Jeep people don't care about America, just the opposite, most care more. They just tend to stay out of the politics.

Most in this country today have forgotten it is "We the people" NOT "We the government"

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
You would be surprised at how many mobility-challenged individuals climb in/out of their lifted Jeeps. Last week I saw a one-legged man get into his like a champ.
It's so much easier to climb up and in rather than lean down and in, cannot wait to get rid of my little hatchback lease for that reason alone.

Sponsored

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
I'd like to go back to that happier time when I was blissfully unaware of other's political viewpoints.
/\ THAT /\

Sadly, I have several lifelong friends who I luv to death, but they are on polar opposite ends of the political scale as me (Not really I guess as I'm not a hard liner, I lean one way but am more moderate than anything), so I always avoid political conversations with them.

That said, I have had several conversations with casual acquaintances on the other side, where we listened to each others views in a civil manner. We still didn't agree, but I enjoyed hearing why they felt the way they did.

Most people can't do that, they get pissed and want to throw down.

But I do like most Jeep people.... ;)

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
I know a woman whose mother is 90 years old. This woman has a Jeep Wrangler 4xe and a BMW. Her mother can only get into the Wrangler (with a little help, of course). The Jeep is just easier for her to get into.

roojacksid

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bright White JL Rubicon

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Jeeping groups very much tend to be self-regulating in matters concerning politics.. when you are by the campfire at night with your buddies enjoying a drink and reliving the awesome events of the day; the trails.. nature, the challenges... the funny and scary moments, then... there is little space in your mind and your heart to allow the negativity of politics to take center stage... one more sign that politics is poison ... it poisons your mind.. your heart... and your soul....

I belong to this awesome off-roading group called "Zen Jeeping"... no politics or negative attitude allowed !! ... our motto is "nowhere to go... and all day to get there !!!"

roojacksid

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bright White JL Rubicon
Jeeping groups very much tend to be self-regulating in matters concerning politics.. when you are by the campfire at night with your buddies enjoying a drink and reliving the awesome events of the day; the trails.. nature, the challenges... the funny and scary moments, then... there is little space in your mind and your heart to allow the negativity of politics to take center stage... one more sign that politics is poison ... it poisons your mind.. your heart... and your soul....

I belong to this awesome off-roading group called "Zen Jeeping"... no politics or negative attitude allowed !! ... our motto is "nowhere to go... and all day to get there !!!"
Way to go. Awesome.
Sponsored