First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
Found this gem on youtube (jump to :35). Owner uses his own Jeep JL to block in suspect and fires his own gun at them, what are your thoughts? I appreciate the guy trying to help out the situation but this was dangerous and not worth it at all.

More details from the homepage.
A good samaritan Jeep JL owner had good intentions in helping a police officer, but a lapse in judgment nearly ended in a shooting disaster!

The incident began when an officer in Parma, Ohio noticed an erratic driver who ran a red light. The officer followed the driver, 22-year-old Shon Burton, into a parking lot. As the officer approached the suspect's vehicle, a concerned Jeep JL owner drove up to block the vehicle. As the suspect got spooked or changed his mind about complying with the officer, he rammed his Chevrolet Malibu into the Jeep and reversed to run. As this happened, the Jeep owner overzealously drew and discharged his firearm!

The suspect was later arrested after crashing his vehicle. And police officers discovered a loaded sawed-off shotgun in the area where the accident happened.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Firecracker18

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Jeep, Honda Lawnmower
Occupation
Commercial Insurance
My thoughts. Guy is a dumb @ss. He first fires while the police officer is still next to the vehicle as it speeds away. Did he try to do right, yes but in no way do you fire towards anyone without an intent to kill. Neat but he wrecked his Jeep and put a deputy in danger. Watch the last few seconds when it's in slo-mo and you'll hear the gunfire with the officer still reaching/grabbing for the guy.

To add - the Officer never fired that I can tell.

OP
OP
emilboya

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
My thoughts. Guy is a dumb @ss. He first fires while the police officer is still next to the vehicle as it speeds away. Did he try o do right, yes but in no way do you fire towards anyone without an intent to kill. Neat but he wrecked his Jeep and put a deputy in danger. Watch the las few seconds when it's in slo-mo and you'll hear the gunfire with the officer still reaching/grabbing for the guy.
I could not agree more!

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
WTH? That is a good way to get shot by the cops. Dumbazz!

Sponsored

Kangarhew

First Name
Rhew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Courses? Lol, no such thing for a CC permit in the south.
Not true, had to take an 8 hour class with range time here in North Carolina to obtain my CCW. This took place in Ohio, which I believe has the same requirements for a concealed weapons permit. Though I do agree, this was definitely a no shoot situation, and he unnecessarily put this officers life at risk. The gun should have never even been drawn, great if you want to help and block the guy in, but there was never any reason to draw his firearm, much less to pull the trigger.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hard to see if the car driver had a gun, assume officer would have shot then. The Jeep driver risked getting shot by the cop. When you're
in a situation like that you go into tunnel vision. The cop could have by instinct turned and shot thinking the guy was shooting at him.
The trend now is no permit/training required to carry. Seven states so far. Even with training and shooting requirements there were several people in the CCW classes I've been in that had no holes in their targets after shooting. Even at 7 feet.

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
It was a JKU?

Sponsored

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
As a law enforcement officer, I appreciate citizens helping. I’ve been in fights with backup over 20 minutes out and it’s nice when that citizen stops and helps you.

This video on the other hand depicts a very poor choice on the citizens part. If anything, him parking his vehicle in front and exiting the passenger side would have been much more helpful and puts everyone in much less danger. Even him just driving off would have been a better idea.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
The trend now is no permit/training required to carry. Seven states so far.
13 states total are constitutional carry, a few are for residents only. Definately trending that way though, seems like not long ago there were only a couple.