Sponsored

Jeep ordered now for the charger

Steemax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xE
Another vote for the Grizzl-e (“dumb” version). It’s a fantastic EVSE and is incredibly well built!

For the two hours and change it takes to charge the 4xe, spending extra on a WiFi unit just doesn’t make sense. If I ever get a full BEV, then I might upgrade to one of those. But if your utility gives a rebate on one (mine doesn’t. We love coal in Kentucky, not green energy. Lol) then go for it.

What I don’t understand is people trying to skimp on these and get crappy/shady EVSE’s off Amazon to save a few bucks. You’re gonna spend $50k+ on the Jeep then try and save $200 on a cheap EVSE? That’s like buying a Ferrari and throwing a dollar store tarp on it instead of a nice car cover.
100% agree, would never trust one of those no brand chargers that probably don't meet modern safety standards.

I have a full BEV as our second car and even still the Grizzl-E is great since majority of full BEV's will give you the same charging data you need off their own app.
Sponsored

Javikid

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JL Rubicon 4xe
Just got the Juciebox, great build quality and some neat and helpful features with a 3 year warranty and is also portable.

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
. Then, the utility company told me the Mopar charger is a ChargePoint, and those were in stock, so I ended up returning the Grizzl-E and getting one of those.
I bought my charger in December to make sure I got the tax credit for both the Jeep and the Charger. Went with the Mopar and was surprised when my it arrived and it was a JuiceBox. Still works great though. Glad you were able to get a rebate through the utility though. Every little bit helps!

Kaptain

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon 4xe
Trying to decide on a charger based on what I’ve read these seem to be 2 of the more popular ones. I live in Washington state and park outside so the charger will be in the elements . Which would be better and what precautions can I/should I take to protect the charger itself? Also there are no rebates available for the chargers in my area.

0B2DEB6D-FFCA-49F7-AD13-B91CBF26F464.png
Only get one where you can adjust the amps. The Jeep will shut it down if the charger attempts to give to much power. This is a known flaw in their charger.

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
The Jeep will shut it down if the charger attempts to give to much power. This is a known flaw in their charger.
There definitely are people that have had that problem... but there are also people that no issues with it. I do wonder if it's a specific software rev that causes that problem.

Sponsored

Grimmjpr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe

Javikid

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JL Rubicon 4xe
Got it on sale for $560 and $100 for installation from a local electrician. I get a full charge in 2hrs and 15 minutes.

20220323_205135.jpg

Trini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Clubs

I have the Grizzle, and it is perfect but the only thing I miss is the ability to check the charging rates when charging, but the UConnect app does everything else. The chargpoint's regular price is $699, so the price shown is marked up. Also check with your local electric company about rebates for installation and EV chargers purchases.

Sponsored

Trini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

Panda Mafia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
That's also quite expensive when the unit is made in your country.
Its in Canadian dollars. Did not even check how much it is in US. Now that I’m thinking about it, Since I’m in states often may be I’ll visit Best Buy and get one there. Amazon will charge 13% tax as well. May be buying in US will be cheaper.

Trini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

Its in Canadian dollars. Did not even check how much it is in US. Now that I’m thinking about it, Since I’m in states often may be I’ll visit Best Buy and get one there. Amazon will charge 13% tax as well. May be buying in US will be cheaper.
I don't see it on the best buy website. You can only get it through Amazon or the Grizzl-E site itself.

Gorilla83

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue JLUR 4XE, 2021 Tesla 3 Performance
Occupation
Tech and Real Estate Guy
+1 for the Grizzl-e charger here. I bought the smart version but the "smart" features are really not really very useful - the basic classic version is more than fine. Only drawback of this brand is it includes a very short cord (like 1.5 ft).