Sponsored

Jeep on fire 🔥 oh no!

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I doubt it's the battery since the 48v battery is in the back. No idea what happened there.
Sponsored

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly

76_iron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ5
I can't read the plate on my phone, but with the number Carvana will tell you the engine and transmission.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
I can't read the plate on my phone, but with the number Carvana will tell you the engine and transmission.

Looks like it says "M214Z0", but I can't tell what state it's from? I'm assuming California, but nothing's coming up for that on Carvana or Car Fax?

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep on fire 🔥 oh no! License

Sponsored

Albertaktm

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys 2 Door Manual.
Occupation
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Yes, back in 2019, FCA wanted a $1,000 premium for the 2.0T eTorque over the regular V6. There were few takers, though. By the end of the year 80% of the stock sitting on dealer lots had the 2.0T eTorque. FCA had to put a $500 rebate on the engine to clear the inventory. It then pulled that plug on the engine altogether.

Now we are finding out that they were prone to fires, too.

I think Fiat overestimated its own ability in designing bulletproof engines, or at least overestimated Americans' perceptions of Fiat, and underestimated Americans' traditional preference for larger, quieter engines. This is the only way I can explain why FCA thought Americans would be willing to pay a price premium for the smaller engine.
Probably done to get tree huggers into a Wrangler offering smaller more fuel efficient motors with turbo or e torque or offering the 4Xe. Look at me. I‘m saving the planet. At the end of the day, the 3.6 is most reliable and the massive success on sales of the 392 proves that hard core Jeep people just want a good engine with tons of power!.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Probably done to get tree huggers into a Wrangler offering smaller more fuel efficient motors with turbo or e torque or offering the 4Xe. Look at me. I‘m saving the planet. At the end of the day, the 3.6 is most reliable and the massive success on sales of the 392 proves that hard core Jeep people just want a good engine with tons of power!.
I wouldn’t call 392 a “sales success.”

Yes, 392 is a badass Wrangler and a great halo vehicle, but HEMI accounts for a trickle of total sales.

csddoglover

First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Sahara
It would be interesting to know if that was a manual transmission JL. There's been a number of manuals that have caught fire due to clutch/pressure plate failures.
If it is a clutch pressure plate explosion (as was mine), our club continues to grow.

Albertaktm

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I wouldn’t call 392 a “sales success.”

Yes, 392 is a badass Wrangler and a great halo vehicle, but HEMI accounts for a trickle of total sales.
True. Lots of people want them though. The higher price of the 392 definitely limits the amount sold. My point was overall, you don‘t buy a Wrangler for fuel economy. It the fun and smiles. But FCA is trying to get the market that cares about fuel economy. I am NOT one of those people. Most people who’s ownership goes back to the YJ and TJ’s are not fuel conscious either.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
True. Lots of people want them though. The higher price of the 392 definitely limits the amount sold. My point was overall, you don‘t buy a Wrangler for fuel economy. It the fun and smiles. But FCA is trying to get the market that cares about fuel economy. I am NOT one of those people. Most people who’s ownership goes back to the YJ and TJ’s are not fuel conscious either.
Yes, 392 is an image builder. But I wouldn't say FCA is trying to get the market that cares about fuel economy. In fact, FCA doesn't sell any fuel efficient vehicles.

FCA had to improve its CAFE figures because it kept missing its targets and getting slapped with hefty fines. It was as simple as that.

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
My husband took this video from the hwy yesterday. Not one of our Jeeps thankfully. I saved it to remember no matter how bad I think my day is as long as my Jeep isn't on fire someone else's day is always worse.

Oh my... i hope they are all safe. But yes, no matter how bad your day is... at least your jeep isn't on fire.

OP
OP
Redx2

Redx2

First Name
Heather D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2018 JL
Its the middle of a 2-mile portion of an uphill slope where you'd be RPM-ing pretty high if that makes any difference as to what could have caused it.

Albertaktm

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes, 392 is an image builder. But I wouldn't say FCA is trying to get the market that cares about fuel economy. In fact, FCA doesn't sell any fuel efficient vehicles.

FCA had to improve its CAFE figures because it kept missing its targets and getting slapped with hefty fines. It was as simple as that.
Good point. When I’m back down next fall to catch more Seahawks games I’ll buy you a beer! A Canadian beer!
Sponsored