"Jeep name: Opinion poll"

Noticon or Notacon?

• Total voters

Chaostactics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
So we want to be like all the other "cool kids" and have a "Jeep name".

We have a JLU Sport that's been upgraded (or in process): Rubicon suspension, rubicon wheels, rock sliders, smittybilt bumpers, winch, etc. but not definitely not a Rubi.

Anyway so the debate for the hood decal running down either side of the hood where the "Rubicon" sticker normally is, is: Noticon or Notacon. JLers which one do you like better?
Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
My $ 0.02..when I see Notacon I feel like going up to your Wrangler and saying...

"so you're NOT a con artist or felon?"

So I prefer Noticon.

Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Neither. Although it is a unique name the “whatever-icons” is being played out. If you’re an OG then that’s fine but please, no more...

In the end if it makes you happy then by all means. Who cares what we think.

Tell us what your interests are or any organizations you belong to or prior service and I’m sure we can help you find a more original name if you’d like.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Posercon

Rubinot

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
RubiCON Job

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Says the guy/girl who wants to camo wrap their jeep
Hey, you made the suggestion it was a tongue-in-cheek name game. Just following your lead here. No offense.

Regarding my thoughts to camo wrap my Jeep: I do a fair amount of hunting along the AZ/Mexico border. At times, right on the border. I park and walk a couple hours. I'd like the Jeep to blend a bit better with low reflection and earth tones, rather than stand out for illegals to see and pilfer. There's trails with overgrown brush that will scratch the paint pretty bad in one drive. Wrapping with camo serves two practical purposes for me. I have no intention of using a military camo pattern, if that's where you're going. I don't like the idea of making it look like a military Jeep. Definitely trying for more of a southwest desert hunting theme camo.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I have to say that with the Jeep I never felt any urge to call it any other name but a Jeep . As long as you don't call it Saddam or Adolf I don't think anybody will object .
Same... I’ve never had a jeep name stick. I always revert to “the jeep.”

Hey, you made the suggestion it was a tongue-in-cheek name game. Just following your lead here. No offense.

Regarding my thoughts to camo wrap my Jeep: I do a fair amount of hunting along the AZ/Mexico border. At times, right on the border. I park and walk a couple hours. I'd like the Jeep to blend a bit better with low reflection and earth tones, rather than stand out for illegals to see and pilfer. There's trails with overgrown brush that will scratch the paint pretty bad in one drive. Wrapping with camo serves two practical purposes for me. I have no intention of using a military camo pattern, if that's where you're going. I don't like the idea of making it look like a military Jeep. Definitely trying for more of a southwest desert hunting theme camo.
What you need, my friend, is some camo nets, poles, stakes, and a hammer.

E1D01846-C5E7-47C8-9807-35786DE58384.jpeg

https://www.camonetsusa.com/product...uUol78yUx_VC-6u2p2T3uO1pimXwd4jxoCZhMQAvD_BwE

E89626CC-DA5D-43F1-B8F8-CA796C0133E9.jpeg

Nothing breaks up your profile over distance like a properly applied camo net.

F567F2D7-BEAA-493D-8A96-D6218C62ECA4.jpeg

The pic above is wrong, by the way. Don’t do that. You want to use the poles to get the net away from your vehicle, more like what they’re trying to do here:

1D2E52C6-C7A3-4A05-BA30-F0B80BA78551.jpeg

Good luck and stay safe out there!
Sponsored