Sponsored

Jeep N3 Dual Steering Stabilizer on Rubicon?

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Guys you say what you want about the stabilizers but just the cure in vibration on gas pedal was worth the cost. It feels great
I’m glad you’re happy with your purchase, but it didn’t fix anything. It’s like adding freon to your ac system cause it’s blowing hot air. Sure, it be cool for awhile, until it leaks out and you’re back at square one. Also have a hard time believing a stabilizer in your tie rod is preventing drivetrain vibration as it has no correlation. Unless of course, your whole Jeep was vibration from a suspension/tire/steering issue.
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I believe the problem is that the drag link hits the rough country assembly at stock height. But I may be mistaken.
Before you decide to go this route try to take some time to understand how steering dampeners work and what they damage when they are designed poorly.
Before going into that, think about the fact that a steering stabilizer set up like that was designed for leaf sprung yj’s and cj’s several decades ago. 30-40 years later there are definitely better and smarter designs that have been out.
A “good” dual set up uses pressurized shocks so that they are pushing against each other which allows for smooth low resistance at normal steering speeds. A pressurized shock will default to its extended length if not under load but still dampen in both directions when suddenly loaded. If jolted by a big bump then both shocks resist the jolt. So if you are turning the steering wheel normally then it doesn’t create extra stress on the steering components but if you hit a big bump then you get twice the dampening.
A bad set up uses 2 dampening shocks. A dampening shock provides a good bit of resistance in either direction as you extend or compress it pretty consistently no matter how hard or soft you push or pull on it. These types of shocks will not default to the fully open position. When you double down these shocks on a steering set up you put more pressure on steering components like a steering box and the bearings inside of it.
I am not a fan of dual stabilizers for a number of reasons. I think they look cool but they typically do more harm than good.
Let me also say I am just not a fan of rough country. They don’t seem to do a lot of research on their designs, I have seen a bunch of their welds fail and a bunch of their components fail (including stabilizers). Their failure rates seemed to be higher than any other brand on the market.
So does any company actually offer a simple bolt-on dual “pressurized” setup like you mentioned?