First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
I built a plywood platform -resembles a bench- to fit between the front and rear seats. Gives the dogs a flat platform in the rear. I can store stuff below it as well.
Do you have a pic of this?
Sponsored

Taaronk

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
Build Thread
Link
I bought these restraints for my dogs.

IOKHEIRA Dog Seat Belt 3-in-1 Car... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZYJGRBS?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

they have seat belt inserts and carabiner clips so Iā€™ve got a good secure connection if ive
Got the back seat in or not. The carabiner that attaches to the harness also has a screw on cover so they canā€™t unlatch it. Itā€™s been perfect for them, as it lets them move
Just enough to enjoy the ride but not long enough for them to cause problems.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Mods Special for your Dog 5C48B13C-BE18-4370-A645-AEE8ADAB22CE

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I bought these restraints for my dogs.

IOKHEIRA Dog Seat Belt 3-in-1 Car... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZYJGRBS?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

they have seat belt inserts and carabiner clips so Iā€™ve got a good secure connection if ive
Got the back seat in or not. The carabiner that attaches to the harness also has a screw on cover so they canā€™t unlatch it. Itā€™s been perfect for them, as it lets them move
Just enough to enjoy the ride but not long enough for them to cause problems.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Mods Special for your Dog 5C48B13C-BE18-4370-A645-AEE8ADAB22CE
They are Plotting Something...

Santana74

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wrangler Sahara Altitude 3.0l, 18 Jaguar F-Pace
I know its dangerous but she loves to drive. She can't wait to get behind the wheel of my 2023 Jeep.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Mods Special for your Dog Screenshot_20200122-231751_Snapchat

OP
OP
M_Pluto

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher

Sponsored

RMA23

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailhawk Cherokee. JL Rubicon.
Fair point, I haven't bought one because all of the harnesses I've found in my local stores are mostly for smaller dogs (my girl is a Midgard Mastiff, though runty for one) and I'm skeptical of anything online with brands I'm not familiar with.

With that being said, from my understanding of the statistics, most dogs survive crashes, it's when they flee the scene in a panic & get hit by another vehicle that is one of the bigger problems

Your comments weren't a downer, but a good reminder that I should be looking for a seatbelt harness for her!
The sleepypod harnesses are crash tested and can be worn as a walking harness too. My dogs dig em.

Skyvet

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Fair point, I haven't bought one because all of the harnesses I've found in my local stores are mostly for smaller dogs (my girl is a Midgard Mastiff, though runty for one) and I'm skeptical of anything online with brands I'm not familiar with.

With that being said, from my understanding of the statistics, most dogs survive crashes, it's when they flee the scene in a panic & get hit by another vehicle that is one of the bigger problems

Your comments weren't a downer, but a good reminder that I should be looking for a seatbelt harness for her!
I had a Great Dane that was slammed into the back of the driver's seat at 70mph. He weighed 180# It broke his neck on impact killing him instantly. He also broke the frame of the driver's seat and I was holding onto the steering wheel with my right hand. This caused the lunate bone in my hand to rotate 180 degrees. I had at least 8 surgeries to try and repair my hand (1st Hospital misdiagnosed my injury)

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

armorlite flooring is the way to go. I am planning on this being my next mod before i rescue another puppy. sadly my 18 year old lab had to cross the bridge a month a ago. so currently i am off the market until the wife is ready for another. :D anyway best of luck with your mods for the fur baby!

fooldawg

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU

Sponsored

docmac

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 4xe
Just a cheap Amazon liner for the rear so Stuart (aka Stuie, Stu-dini) has his own place.
Old Blue, your pup looks a lot like my rescue, Rocko! And Stuie must act like mine, too. Rocko also LOVES the Jeep. He sometimes refuses to leave the garage, standing by the door of the 4xe, hoping that I'll take him for a ride. And if I happen to leave the door open, he gets inside in a flash, and it takes a crowbar to get him out. He'll lounge in the back seat for hours before he will voluntarily leave...
I got him this full backseat liner/cover with mesh barrier between the front seats (to keep him safely in the back). I also have a cable leash to keep him inside the vehicle.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Mods Special for your Dog IMG_6701

Dragon52

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon EcoDiesel
I am an upland game bird hunter with two wirehaired pointing griffons, pictured. My male Gus is 6 years old & 80#. My female, Freyja is 5 years old and 60#. We live in the Seattle area, but I hunt east to the Dakotas and south to Nevada. After having seen the aftermath of both a panic stop on the highway as well as an accident, I never let my dogs loose in the vehicle. Dogs turn into flying debris. If they don't injure you, they get injured and often die a horrible death. I always use a kennel, (K9Trans) designed for my Jeep (2020 Rubi 3L diesel with a lift kit), attached. Every hunter will tell you that it needs to be large enough to not cramp the dog/s but not so large that they are inclined to stand much during the trip. Safety trumps the freedom to stand. As luck would have it I know hunters who have been in accidents when their dogs were kennels and every dog lived to tell about it. As you can see, I added two large capacity fans for hot weather. The kennel is strapped down so nothing moves. There are a variety of sizes and configurations to choose from. I also added a Heiniger Twist Step, (not my vehicle or my dog) which is installed in your hitch and pivots to store under the vehicle when not in use. It makes a great step for lifted Jeeps and a good place to do a field check after a hunt.

IMG_20220808_130538063.jpg

DSCN0704~2.JPG

Twistep.jpg

ltlldft

First Name
Deb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wranlger Unlimited Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
We are new to the Jeep world but I have to say I think my GPā€™s love the space.ā¤šŸ¾ā¤šŸ¾

34A72AF8-FBA9-4493-B6CE-297C497FFEEB.jpeg

EveOfChaos

First Name
Eve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Granite Willys V6
Occupation
Nerd
For our 2 door we had the dirtydog4x4 seat well cover, cargo net divider and rugged ridge cargo liner. When the top was off we used the smittybilt cargo net and it worked great with containing two labs. With our 4 door we bought the dirtydog4x4 cargo liner so we didnā€™t need the seat well liner or divider. Works great! We also bought the dirtydog4x4 cargo net but havenā€™t put it on yet.

D66E9A58-7120-4780-A49C-9938E04BC8A4.jpeg
Were you able to get the Dirty Dog cargo net installed on your 22? I have the soft top rails on and for the life of me can NOT get the brackets to fit with the rails. It's driving me nuts.
Sponsored