Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
I'm a single female with no human children (that I know of), so the main & primary passenger in my car is gonna be my dog.

I wanna know what Mods have you done to your jeep (or even mods you've seen somewhere) to make your jeep a bit more comfortable or your life easier for your dog. Could be anything from the small to big. Also, pics of your dog in your jeep are a bonus!

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Mods Special for your Dog 754CC326-52EB-45AD-BF1B-D30F4D36FD6D

(picture of my pootch with a puppy from her recent litter... Waiting on my jeep from order!)
Sponsored

~Blue392~

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 392
I'm a single female with no human children (that I know of),
...that's my line! :LOL:

Initially in my JK I had a DirtyDog4x4 liner for the rear. January I upgraded to a Goose Gear platform. In May my wife encouraged me to buy a 392. I'm still debating on the direction I want to go with the JL but those were great options for the JK.

By the way, I can't speak for all Chik-fil-A's but the one by me gives out dog treats at the drive thru.

IMG_3258-sm.jpg

OP
OP
M_Pluto

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
...that's my line! :LOL:
.... that's the punchline! Duh!😝
By the way, I can't speak for all Chik-fil-A's but the one by me gives out dog treats at the drive thru.
Canadian here, not sure if Chik-fil-A's even exists in Canada... if it does, I don't remember seeing it anywhere in the larger region where I live.

Also looking into the goose gear myself (will probably have to be something down the line here), and maybe getting the rear plates and deleting the 40 split and covering with goose gear. Will have to see what the budget allows.

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Marine, Full-time Overlander.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
.... that's the punchline! Duh!😝

Canadian here, not sure if Chik-fil-A's even exists in Canada... if it does, I don't remember seeing it anywhere in the larger region where I live.

Also looking into the goose gear myself (will probably have to be something down the line here), and maybe getting the rear plates and deleting the 40 split and covering with goose gear. Will have to see what the budget allows.
Canadian from the center of the universe here, Chik-fil-A is purely an American thing.

I had a Boston that loved being in the back of the jeep and would literally chill there all the time. Took him offroading a lot. Now I have Chihuahuas that I got in a split. They just sit there and tremble. Sigh.

Sponsored

OP
OP
M_Pluto

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I had a Boston that loved being in the back of the jeep and would literally chill there all the time. Took him offroading a lot. Now I have Chihuahuas that I got in a split. They just sit there and tremble. Sigh.
Heheheh... If you want another dog, but bigger I happen to have two Mastiff cross puppies that need homes! 🤣🙈

OP
OP
M_Pluto

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Judge for your self!

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Mods Special for your Dog 9CD068C9-B97F-4BEE-877A-3108DD257E74
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Mods Special for your Dog 43288EDE-310C-4C52-893F-10EF4105FA38

...if anyone is interested in either of them, feel free to DM me...🙈😬:angel:

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

Sponsored

OP
OP
M_Pluto

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation

Fudster

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I'm a single female with no human children (that I know of), so the main & primary passenger in my car is gonna be my dog.

I wanna know what Mods have you done to your jeep (or even mods you've seen somewhere) to make your jeep a bit more comfortable or your life easier for your dog. Could be anything from the small to big. Also, pics of your dog in your jeep are a bonus!

754CC326-52EB-45AD-BF1B-D30F4D36FD6D.jpeg

(picture of my pootch with a puppy from her recent litter... Waiting on my jeep from order!)
Jayne:

I'm afraid it neither makes life more comfortable nor easier for your dog, unless it prevents injury from an accident, but I'll bear the possible ribbing for saying so given our shared affection for our four legged family.

A chest harness with room to slide through a vehicle safety belt will always be top on the list.

Fido may find it neither comfortable, nor you easier, but I'm afraid these notions of a dog free roaming the confines of a moving vehicle, (at least one on public roads) while enjoyable to them, must be counterbalanced by the dangers of their not being strapped in should you stop short, or be rear ended.

That bummer said, happy trails.

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
Just a cheap Amazon liner for the rear so Stuart (aka Stuie, Stu-dini) has his own place.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Mods Special for your Dog IMG_1773.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Mods Special for your Dog IMG_0997.JPG

OP
OP
M_Pluto

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
A chest harness with room to slide through a vehicle safety belt will always be top on the list.
Fair point, I haven't bought one because all of the harnesses I've found in my local stores are mostly for smaller dogs (my girl is a Midgard Mastiff, though runty for one) and I'm skeptical of anything online with brands I'm not familiar with.

With that being said, from my understanding of the statistics, most dogs survive crashes, it's when they flee the scene in a panic & get hit by another vehicle that is one of the bigger problems

Your comments weren't a downer, but a good reminder that I should be looking for a seatbelt harness for her!

OP
OP
M_Pluto

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Mods Special for your Dog 60706743_10161837002645506_7930180198895452160_o

Oh, I almost forgot. This is Savannah Hel.
She is one of the major reasons I ordered a jeep.... figured she would enjoy some extra space that a jeep would offer her over the backseat of my tiny sedan!
Sponsored