Jeep messed up my order....

RubiCoug

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 392. Was '20 Rubicon, '17 Rubicon
Special ordered in February, looks like it just snuck out of the factory. Ordered a new Recon... factory black leather (red stitching) to match the red stitched dash.

Somehow - they put on the perforated seats with white stitching (per the maroney sticker).

This is not a great time to try and re-order a car. It's going to be months. What are my options? Would Jeep change the interior under warranty?
Sponsored

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Special ordered in February, looks like it just snuck out of the factory. Ordered a new Recon... factory black leather (red stitching) to match the red stitched dash.

Somehow - they put on the perforated seats with white stitching (per the maroney sticker).

This is not a great time to try and re-order a car. It's going to be months. What are my options? Would Jeep change the interior under warranty?
If/when it arrives, and if/when it doesnt have what you ordered, you refuse to accept it as is. Then they can either fix it or order a new one. Or make you a discounted offer to get you to accept. You're in control, unless you just cant wait. If you cant wait, then they're in control.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
What’s on the build sheet your dealer submitted? Did they enter it in the system incorrectly?

Brett

OP
OP

RubiCoug

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
build sheet submitted perfectly. This appears to be totally on Jeep at the factory.

OP
OP

RubiCoug

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If/when it arrives, and if/when it doesnt have what you ordered, you refuse to accept it as is. Then they can either fix it or order a new one. Or make you a discounted offer to get you to accept. You're in control, unless you just cant wait. If you cant wait, then they're in control.
Order me a new one... at the new price I'm sure. I ordered before the last price increase. I also have a buyer for my current jeep who is patiently waiting. How long is a new order going to take... about 3 months longer than I want to wait after this factory shutdown disaster.

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Hmmmmm.

it seems kinda hard for me to envision that Jeep stuck the wrong seats in there by “mistake’ ....... I am wondering if the window sticker is somehow wrong or..... it may be that seat inventory was in short supply right before the shutdown..... so, they purposefully grabbed the wrong seats to finish making the vehicle.

personally, I would go take a look at them when the Jeep arrives...... you might really like them and you could likely get this upgrade for free.

I purchased off the lot and there was ZERO chance that I was going to buy the tan leather —— zero chance. It was 100% all black or nothing. Until I saw the tan in person..... then I really liked it and the black simply wouldn’t be as nice ...... 100% reversal once I saw in person. Maybe the same will happen with you?

OP
OP

RubiCoug

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please keep me sane... I ordered a Recon - that has all the red accents. Red stitching on the dash, red seatbelts, etc. I ordered the standard black leather that has red stitching, leather shifter, leather brake, etc.

What is on my maroney sticker is the perforated leather upgrade. The one that does cost more. But, it's my understanding that has white stitching. That does not get the leather shifter, leather wrapped console lid, etc.

Feels like white stitching would just be wrong against all the red accents already in the car. Am I over thinking this?

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
If you got the perforated leather, it may just come with the white stitching as its only option. I wouldn't worry too much about it, and take a look at it before making a decision. I wouldn't overthink it too much either, I doubt the white would clash with the other red accents.

MMalone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sahara 4XE White
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
If you got the perforated leather, it may just come with the white stitching as its only option. I wouldn't worry too much about it, and take a look at it before making a decision. I wouldn't overthink it too much either, I doubt the white would clash with the other red accents.
Did i dream it or did i read on a post that someone took a Q-tip and dyed the white seams red with fabric markers, clean the leather and he had red seams.But make them pay in some way

Sponsored

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase

I suggest just chill. A dude on here ordered a Sport but his sticker said Willys. He got it yesterday, all good.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Did i dream it or did i read on a post that someone took a Q-tip and dyed the white seams red with fabric markers, clean the leather and he had red seams.But make them pay in some way
I think I've read about people using fine tip magic markers to color the thread.

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
I'm the guy Obwahn mentioned - ordered a Sport S and the online sticker (and actual sticker on the car) have Jeep Wrangler Willys. However all the information under the main heading under options was correct. When I picked up my Jeep everything was as I ordered. Unfortunately, I think you will have to wait until it physically arrives but I think it will be built to the build sheet specs.
Sponsored