Sponsored

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
My wife has a recent model Mini Cooper. When I move the steering wheel a minute amount, the car goes there! It has the tightest steering ever! Fabulous!

My Jeep has a dead spot in the middle. I understand that it is a design feature to improve steering when off road. That may or may not be true but I note that my 2 door JL has a tighter turning circle than my wife's 4 door Mini.

I see no benefit in 4 wheel steering.

What is a "turn assist" function? I have been off road in 4WL and my Jeep club has instructed me to avoid turning sharply when in 4WL. So perhaps that is the issue.
Sponsored

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL unlimited Rubicon
Yeah I mean they need to fix the baseline steering issues first.... I was excited when opening this thread up only to find out they arenā€™t offering steering assist which for rock crawlers would mean a lot of good, considering when your locked up front and rear and need to make a turn when your articulated and have big 35-37ā€ tires you can NOT turn your steering wheel to maneuver without incredible effort... PSC hydraulic steering solves this obviously and I got excited thinking jeep was going to offer this and not the gimmicky crap that rivian shows on their R1T truck

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
So does this mean we can get rear death wobble now, too? Nice! My hope would be that the rear steering would drift/pull opposite the way the front does... Maybe cancel it out and it will drive straight!

Pepe My Little Mule

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep 4.7L; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Fuck 4 wheel steer!

1) How about adding one-touch up and down feature to ALL the power windows?

2) While they are at it, make the rear seat COMFORTABLE so my kids stop bitching!!!!

Sponsored

Chad1433

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
In my more than 35 year of off roading all over North and South America I canā€™t think of one time that either of these options would have been really needed let alone used for the average weekend off roader. What is needed more off road is greater wheel articulation, larger factory tires and improved underbody protection. Which would cost a heck of a lot less for the end user then the gimmicks Jeep is looking at.

Competition is great sure, but making a vehicle more complicated with sales gimmicks to fix something that is not broken makes for increased problems over the life of the vehicle.

With the nightmare I and others are having with our JL(U/R) electrical systems failing, I could only imagine how much worst it would be if these gimmicks were optioned in.

Give us engines options without all the ESS, push to start button and eTorque junk, improved electronics , PAINT, non leaking tops, larger tires, better articulation, improved under armor and a sales/service experience more in line with the price point FIRST and then address looking at more gimmicks.
Yes, yes and yes!!

G.D.S. 4x4

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Hardrock 2dr '19 JL Rubi
Occupation
Old Jeeper not gonna say how long!
Gimme front dig...............Happiness!

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
While they are at it, make the rear seat COMFORTABLE
The first time I saw the rear seat in the JLU, I could tell it wasn't going to be an inviting place to reside. A brief test-sit confirmed my suspicions. By comparison, the padding in the small rear bench seat in my YJ was almost Lazy-Boy comfortable.

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I have cutting brakes on a VW powered sand rail. They do help tighten up corners for a quick turn around, and really they're a fun toy to play with. But honestly what I use them for the most on trails is a cheap alternative to a LSD/locker. One of the rear tires loses traction I pull the brake on that side. I have no use for them in my Jeep, but I drive a 2 door which almost always has a tight enough turning radius. Maybe the 4 doors or Gladiators can be helped by it. I just wouldn't buy it and I would prefer to not have it on a Jeep as it seems like another electronic thing to fight with or go wrong. If it could be manual, like what I have in my sand rail, then it's not so bad. I still wouldn't get it if it was an option, but it wouldn't turn me off either. I'm just expecting that in order to implement cutting brakes for your average idiot the feature would be annoying to me.

Sponsored

Mabar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2-Door
In my more than 35 year of off roading all over North and South America I canā€™t think of one time that either of these options would have been really needed let alone used for the average weekend off roader. What is needed more off road is greater wheel articulation, larger factory tires and improved underbody protection. Which would cost a heck of a lot less for the end user then the gimmicks Jeep is looking at.

Competition is great sure, but making a vehicle more complicated with sales gimmicks to fix something that is not broken makes for increased problems over the life of the vehicle.

With the nightmare I and others are having with our JL(U/R) electrical systems failing, I could only imagine how much worst it would be if these gimmicks were optioned in.

Give us engines options without all the ESS, push to start button and eTorque junk, improved electronics , PAINT, non leaking tops, larger tires, better articulation, improved under armor and a sales/service experience more in line with the price point FIRST and then address looking at more gimmicks.
Absolutely agree with everything you said!

RNAV

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I think the usefulness of these options is directly dependent upon Jeep's willingness to honor their warranty for folks who do go off road (reference Gladiator owner who went mudding and Jeep subsequently denied her warranty claims).

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator coming soon
Received an email from Jeep to complete a market survey on 2 future product considerations to be added to Wrangler.

ā€œTurn Assistā€ or 4-wheel steering.

I honestly would love the idea of Turn Assist (locking a rear wheel) to be added to the JLā€™s. No more having to do 3 point turns in the woods. šŸ˜‚

Thanks Ford and GM (Hummer EV) for creating competition.

B1D3450A-63C1-4A70-B44C-F37EDA9EB39A.png

32A1B50A-A5B6-4978-8D90-378C1513FA30.png

684107E1-B7AA-465F-9C6E-CD7B5A46FC14.png
How can I get these sent to me?

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
4 wheel steer sounds great. Iā€™d want FCA to get the 2 wheel steer down first, though.