Sponsored

Jeep making rattling noise when slowing down

ZgsProduct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 1987 YJ
Hello everyone,

Hopefully you can help me diagnose this issue. When I am slowing down I'm hearing a rattling noise coming the front driver's side. I drive a 6-speed & have tested a couple things out.

The sound is persistent even when the vehicle is engaged in gear & slowing down. The sound is persistent when the car is not in gear (it's in neutral) & slowing down. The sound is persistent while I'm applying brakes & even if I don't apply brakes and let it roll itself.

I've gotten under the Jeep to check out if anything is loose & can't seem to find anything that would be causing the rattle. Not only that, I've noticed a SQUEAK coming from that side as well now. It's very noticable & is usually heard going over the slightest imperfection in the road. Just started happening.

Anyone got any ideas?
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi @ZgsProduct,

We understand that you are currently seeking support from other forum members. However, have you notified your servicing Jeep dealer of this? Please let us know if you are in need of additional support while in service.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

OP
OP
ZgsProduct

ZgsProduct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 1987 YJ
Well if I take into the dealer, all they're going to say is, "Muhhh modifications, bad." Last time I took my Jeep to the dealer I watched them stall it 3x in front of me. Absolutely horrendous experience with dealers. No thanks. @JeepCares

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
We're sorry to hear about this poor experience at the dealer. As the Customer Care Team, we are not mechanically trained and therefore we rely on the diagnosis of the dealer. Please let us know if you decide to visit the dealer in the future.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Well if I take into the dealer, all they're going to say is, "Muhhh modifications, bad." Last time I took my Jeep to the dealer I watched them stall it 3x in front of me. Absolutely horrendous experience with dealers. No thanks. @JeepCares
Amazing how you can predict what any given dealer is going to say or how they react. My dealer addresses my issues seriously and understands the importance of customer service. Not all things are equal.

OP
OP
ZgsProduct

ZgsProduct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 1987 YJ
Amazing how you can predict what any given dealer is going to say or how they react. My dealer addresses my issues seriously and understands the importance of customer service. Not all things are equal.
Thanks for the input. My local dealer has serviced my vehicle on three different occasions, the first two times being good experiences but my last experience with them wasn't so pleasant. I prefer to save money & do the work myself for learning experience. So, unless you have something to add to the issues I'm addressing... Have a wonderful day.
Sponsored