Sponsored

Jeep Lif / Leveling Kits... Warranty Killer?

sbrindley

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Hi fellow Jeepers. I was curious if installing "any" sort of lift/leveling kit for my new Jeep would kill my warranty? My Jeep is my daily driver and I'm not sure if installing a lift kit would void my warranty. I've heard that I can install up to a 2.5" lift/leveling kit without voiding the warranty, but I don't know if this is valid?

Also, if this is something I can do, if anyone has suggestions for a lift please let me know (I do plan on buying new tires/wheels as well)!! :clap:

Thanks!
Sponsored

EJ3CTA

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Hi fellow Jeepers. I was curious if installing "any" sort of lift/leveling kit for my new Jeep would kill my warranty? My Jeep is my daily driver and I'm not sure if installing a lift kit would void my warranty. I've heard that I can install up to a 2.5" lift/leveling kit without voiding the warranty, but I don't know if this is valid?

Also, if this is something I can do, if anyone has suggestions for a lift please let me know (I do plan on buying new tires/wheels as well)!! :clap:

Thanks!
Someone correct me if I'm wrong. From what I've heard is that putting a lift on your Jeep won't void the warranty, however, if something goes wrong, it is up to you to prove that the lift didn't cause the damage. Some dealerships are more mod friendly than others so it can depend on where you go.

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
If your engine explodes they’d have a hard time blaming the lift. However if your suspension has an issue say a noise or failure they can and likely will try to blame anything you’ve done to get out of fixing the issue.

Technically they have to prove that the lift caused the issue but it’s all too easy for them to just blame it.

You can always call around your local service centers and ask them what their mod policy is. Some of them are cool with it.

That said. Life’s short. You want a lift. Do it. If you have a major failure. Take the lift or spacers off before you bring it to the dealer.