Jeep + LEGO = Awesomeness

RedWranger

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
So...I love all things Jeep...and all things LEGO. What if I could have the best of both worlds? Well, with your up-vote, we can! Check out the LEGO Ideas site and show your support for the idea someone put together to make a JL Unlimited (with wench and removable doors to boot!). If they get enough votes (next milestone is 1,000!), LEGO will improve and mass produce it! (Personally, I want a red one!) :)

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/db8c7612-84e2-4e3b-9198-51704b58184e

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep + LEGO = Awesomeness nativ
Sponsored

OP
OP
RedWranger

RedWranger

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Doh! I should have looked at the posting more...the idea "expired" as it didn't get enough votes. Oh well...here's to the next LEGO + Jeep idea.

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
My wife gave me the yellow Lego Jeep last week. I already modded it by removing the rear bumpstops for more articulation. ;)

Honestly a little disappointed in the set, though it was relatively cheap for a Technic set. I like that the axles articulate but without the stickers you have to squint pretty hard to identify it as a Jeep.

I also have an old "Model Team" FJ-40 looking set (was the Custom Van), and the much larger Technic Off-Roader from a few years ago.

My office shelves are filled with Legos. Only had one client comment in a Zoom meeting. The Aston Martin DB5 007 model is one of the best yet. Doesn't quite get the curves right, but it does have a lot of the Q-Branch gadgets from Goldfinger (rotating license plates, ejector seat, hidden tracking map, headlight machine guns, bullet-proof shield, phone in door...).

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep + LEGO = Awesomeness IMG_20210210_120725

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep + LEGO = Awesomeness IMG_20210210_120854

Sponsored

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
My wife gave me the yellow Lego Jeep last week. I already modded it by removing the rear bumpstops for more articulation. ;)

Honestly a little disappointed in the set, though it was relatively cheap for a Technic set. I like that the axles articulate but without the stickers you have to squint pretty hard to identify it as a Jeep.

I also have an old "Model Team" FJ-40 looking set (was the Custom Van), and the much larger Technic Off-Roader from a few years ago.

My office shelves are filled with Legos. Only had one client comment in a Zoom meeting. The Aston Martin DB5 007 model is one of the best yet. Doesn't quite get the curves right, but it does have a lot of the Q-Branch gadgets from Goldfinger (rotating license plates, ejector seat, hidden tracking map, headlight machine guns, bullet-proof shield, phone in door...).

IMG_20210210_120725.jpg

IMG_20210210_120854.jpg

That is by far the best one. You can get it here https://amzn.to/3aO1ZBY

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
@RubenZ is this you sneaking in a link that you get an Amazon commission on?

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
Do the stickers come pre-installed on the Lego Technic version? Looking to maybe paint the pieces before install...

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Do the stickers come pre-installed on the Lego Technic version? Looking to maybe paint the pieces before install...
All the kits I've built have separate stickers.

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
The grill pieces are pre-printed. All of the rest are stickers you apply yourself (I typically don't).

Sponsored