Sponsored

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
I stretched to afford my JLRU in 2021 - nicely appointed, but still didn't put some add ons I wanted. While I haven’t yet done the comparison to see how much it would cost today… I sense this will be my last Jeep. I won’t be able to afford the next one. Hope I can make mine last for a long time… otherwise back to practical import sedans for me.
I'm guessing I won't buy another either.

Having issues with only 20K on the dial is unacceptable. I basically have no confidence in the rig, especially as the miles/years start to pile on. I'm used to driving vehicles well over 200K with no appreciable problems.

Another big one for me is the value equation. Even tho mine was only 40K OTD, when you take a hard look at the value for your money, it just isn't there.

The only thing I think we can bank on is the resale value. Honestly, that's why I'm kinda OK with the prices skyrocketing on the Wranglers. Every grand they go up is another grand in my resale pocket.

Issues so far
• Mysteriously disappearing coolant
• Intermittent "Battery of Connected Services is temporarily low"
• Intermittent computer related gremlins
• Intermittent Death Wobble
• Coolant bolt monkey
• Battery monkey
• Imminent Corrosion Issues

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep just updated website with HUGE price increases to the Wrangler options. 20230127_125101 (1)

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
The XR options are better than a Rubi. Not the same.

Some of the stuff is standard.
Some is not.

35s / Beadlocks
Beefed up D44s
4.56 gears
Lift
Flare Extensions
Other misc. parts
+Rubi parts.

You can't do that with 5k.
My 22 Willys XR was stickered at 46k ish.

I couldn't get a Rubi near that. I also wasn't willing to pay 15k+ extra for leather, locks, power windows, and lockers, +XR.
That was what I was attempting to say. More (and expensive) upgrades on a Willys than a Rubi for the same price , a helluva deal. The 392 even has the lift and beadlock capable for still the Same Price , a Rip Off.

Sponsored

ClubKenny

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 2 Door
It's a jungle out there. My wife and I with 800+ credit score "qualified" for 6.24% interest recently. I laughed and asked who I make the check out to.

Having issues with only 20K on the dial is unacceptable. I basically have no confidence in the rig, especially as the miles/years start to pile on. I'm used to driving vehicles well over 200K with no appreciable problems.

Another big one for me is the value equation. Even tho mine was only 40K OTD, when you take a hard look at the value for your money, it just isn't there.

The only thing I think we can bank on is the resale value. Honestly, that's why I'm kinda OK with the prices skyrocketing on the Wranglers. Every grand they go up is another grand in my resale pocket.

Issues so far
• Coolant bolt monkey
• Battery monkey

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep just updated website with HUGE price increases to the Wrangler options. 20230127_125101 (1)
What's the last vehicle that you have owned that covered 200k with no issues? The vehicles built these days are complete crap.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
What's the last vehicle that you have owned that covered 200k with no issues? The vehicles built these days are complete crap.
Agreed on that about new vehicles.
The two we currently have with well over 200K each are over 15yo each.

5K oil & filter changes, brakes, tires, belts, just the normal items replaced.

If I had a long trip I have more confidence in either of them than my '22 Jeep with 20K.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
No issues? None.
My 2001 F250 7.3 PSD is at 243000miles. But needed a transmission at 185Kmiles and a UVCH at some point. Not sure any of my other vehicles made it to 200K under my ownership. But other thsn my Jeep, the newest vehicle is 10yo. We just don't drivevas much as we used to.

The electronics in vehicles will be the death of modern vehicles, not powertrains

Last edited:

Jeepn’

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

Issues so far
• Coolant bolt monkey
• Battery monkey

What engine?

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
98 Dakota— transmission fail at 328K mi. , 318 still running good although burning a little oil. No other major issues. (Son’s)

Sponsored

ek1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Private
My 22 392 base price when I ordered in January lastyear was 77,065 now 82,495 for a 23
The 392 I ordered on July 3rd (and still have not received) had an MSRP of $84,380. Same config today is $87,280. Paint and off-road camera went up by $100 each, the rest is MSRP increase.

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep just updated website with HUGE price increases to the Wrangler options. Screenshot_20230130-063029

Jeez Louise!! 🤯
Even without the diesel as an option right now, It's still coming out $2000 over what mine costs!
$43k here on a 2021 Willys Sport EcoDiesel with Tow/Aux!

It's nuts, Wranglers are cool and all, but they're pricing them like they're luxury vehicles. They are definitely not luxury vehicles! Anything but. 😨

Chris2183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S (Sold) 2021 JLU Willys
It's nuts, Wranglers are cool and all, but they're pricing them like they're luxury vehicles. They are definitely not luxury vehicles! Anything but. 😨
With the Wagoneer pushing close to $100k territory and the Wranglers priced in line with the luxury market, I wonder how Jeeps abysmal service departments are going to handle the affluent buyers who are used to much higher levels of service.

OP
OP
Obi Wan

Obi Wan

First Name
Obi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
starwars.fandom.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU SPORT S 2.0, 2004 TJ SPORT 5.3LS
Occupation
Jedi Knight
With the Wagoneer pushing close to $100k territory and the Wranglers priced in line with the luxury market, I wonder how Jeeps abysmal service departments are going to handle the affluent buyers who are used to much higher levels of service.
What about the fact that two of the four base Grand Wagoneers start over 100K?
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep just updated website with HUGE price increases to the Wrangler options. 1675083857169
Sponsored