Sponsored

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
The price of eggs have doubled, but for some reason are still selling for half off in Mexico…

Supply chain issues have largely been resolved. YoY Inflation is cooling down from 9.1 June 2022 to 6.5 in December 2022. What I suspect is happening now is that companies (and the vendors and the suppliers they work with) are using supply chain issues as a cover to continue increasing prices.
Sponsored

COJeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR, '23 Donkey because gas is too expensive
Clubs

I bet gas is back up to $4.50+ national average come summer. racist.

I have an idea, if we just raise the wages for EVERYONE, then we can all afford this new price! It's easy, it's basic math, c'mon. Give everyone a $1M/yr raise and the problem is solved, it's so simple!

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Just went online to check it out: a Sahara configured exactly as what I have now has an MSRP of $63,740!

Whec716

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon
If I made and sold a product I would charge as much as I possibly could for it.

However, as a consumer, I look for better deals. I skipped the factory steel bumpers and rock rails because I was able to buy better items for less money aftermarket. I think I would do the same with LEDs now.
I 100% agree with this. I ordered mine in December without the LED package. I've since ordered the Form rear taillights for $300 and the new Diode Dynamics Max headlights for $1000. I spent less, have a better-quality product and don't have financing attached to the part prices.

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
It’s official: Jeep is out of its freaking mind!
We all said this when the 392 came out and jeep announced the price tag of close to $ 80 K ….. we all know how that’s going 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
The price of eggs have doubled, but for some reason are still selling for half off in Mexico…

Supply chain issues have largely been resolved. YoY Inflation is cooling down from 9.1 June 2022 to 6.5 in December 2022. What I suspect is happening now is that companies (and the vendors and the suppliers they work with) are using supply chain issues as a cover to continue increasing prices.
You need to look at the full picture before saying vendor and suppliers etc
Keep in mind that eggs still selling for half off in Mexico it’s cause their labor cost is poop 💩 and they have a high supply low demand cause everyone has chicken in Mexico in their back yard! When companies have to take under consideration the increase cost of labor cost, insurance premiums for their workforce, increase expenses as far as cost utilities gas, electric etc etc all that gets passed on to the consumer, companies are always looking to boost profits from the previous year to the next, CEO don’t normally take pay cuts, it’s not a cover up it’s reality! We are never going to see some of these prices go back down to what they used to be again

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
As long as people are lining up to buy, prices will continue to climb. I hear seemingly everyone yelling "stop buying, people!!" but it's just like the "economy car craze" 10 years ago...everyone said we needed these super efficient econoboxes, but everyone was expecting everyone ELSE to buy them. Then they came out and didn't sell, and now they're all gone and replaced by CUVs and SUVs. Same thing here - everyone wants everyone ELSE to stop buying. With the banks making sure that people who absolutely cannot afford these overpriced vehicles are able to buy them, the price increases are not going to stop.

I have this conversation seemingly quarterly with my wife. She's like "how can they AFFORD these things?!" and I remind her that the concept of affording is obsolete. Whether or not a buyer can afford a vehicle is no longer a thing. If you want it the banks will be overjoyed to make sure you get it.

JLUandCJ-7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara w/mods
Vehicle Showcase
Just out of curiosity, I compared my beginning of pandemic price in May 2020 vs now. $11,600 increase for the same exact vehicle. Inventory was low so I ended up with a Sahara and made it more my speed over time, but they were discounting hand over fist thinking no one would buy during the pandemic.

I wouldn't buy the same vehicle at the 2023 price.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep just updated website with HUGE price increases to the Wrangler options. 1674848624753

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep just updated website with HUGE price increases to the Wrangler options. 1674849053887

Sponsored

MayThe4x4BWU

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR
Occupation
IT Small Business Owner
Hah, price increases, but the build page is still a piece of crap! Maybe they should put some of that increased revenue into hiring a competent web developer to fix it! 😆

When I ordered mine back on 8/2022, price came out to $59,970. Took delivery on 10/1/22 and sticker showed a price increase to $61,620. Dealer honored the agreed price. Same build today jumped to $62,515

Pretty crazy how much and varied the upticks are in the packages. It's like they are just throwing darts at a pricing dart board and adjusting accordingly 🙃

Reactions: AFD

JRobes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Mech Engineer
2020 Sport S JT that I got January 2020 (goodbye 3yr 36k warranty) was MSRP ~$45k but got with rebates for $38k, now $53k and no rebates. Yikes.

At least with new ones continuing to climb in price it just means all used values should also shift upward.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Looks like my exact build went up almost $3,000 since placing the order in July last year.

Anyone know if 4.88 gears have always been incompatible with the auto-4WD on the 2-door Rubicon?? Always felt bad thinking that was one option I could've gotten but missed (initially thinking it wasn't compatible with my order, then later thinking it was). Latest order guide says 4.88 gears are "N/A W/DHF" (full-time 4WD), so it looks like I didn't actually miss out on anything, since the auto-4WD was a must-have for me.

Rubicon LED's went up to $1795.
That's just so greedy. LEDs should be standard on all trims at this point in time, especially the higher-priced trims, and if not standard, they certainly don't warrant a nearly $2,000 upcharge ($500 maybe). And $1300 for the old 'standard' Rubicon wheel is insanely greedy.

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
I agree. 7 year car loans and 25 year RV loans. That's insane.
Actually 7 years has been a thing for quite awhile. I've been financing at 6 years (as long as I can get the best rate that is) and paying off early for almost a decade now. 7 years has been an option that whole time...problem is that I could never get the best rate at that term. Now 8 years is the new 7 years. Now I can get the same rate at 7 years and 8 years is higher. As far as I can tell, this changed early last year.

The problem isn't so much financing at those longer terms, it's the conditions that come with it. If you understand the ramifications like I (and I assume you) do, then those terms are great tools to make use of. I don't choose those terms because I need to. I aim to pay off my vehicles in no more than 5 years. But I always take the 6 year (and may start taking the 7 year) option because it gives me flexibility. Just because I can afford this vehicle now doesn't mean things won't change, and if I have the ability to instantly turn my $600+ car payments into $350 car payments until I can sort things out, that gives me a lot of peace of mind. That said, most aren't choosing those terms for the same reason I am - most are choosing them because they're the only way to get the payment in a range they can pay, and that often means they aren't top tier borrowers either so they're not getting the best rates...a double whammy.
Sponsored