Sponsored

Jeep JT Gladiator pickup trucks are coming!

Vawildjeep

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2 1/2” stage 2 Icon lift 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 20” Fuel Beasts.
Occupation
Business owner
Vehicle Showcase
It will now go into competition with the small truck series Tacoma, new Ranger, Colorado etc...will be interesting I’ll have to see it in person. Here we go with the first year bugs again lol.
Against the Tacoma....uh oh. If Tacos are anything like the Tundras, that’s a tough fight. Not much competition against the Wrangler right now but stepping into the small/medium truck world is a whole new game.
Sponsored

TERRAHAWK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Wrangler
Based on what? Are you talking a base Rubi?
FCA stated and I quote "expensive; intentionally so" and they don't plan on selling many because it is designed as a lifestyle vehicle. They are assembling the new RAM Dakota on the same frame etc... in Toledo and will sell those for Ranger / Colorado money in an effort to get the economies of scale for the midsize scale production.

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
It might look funky stock but once we start playing with it, I bet it’ll look beautiful.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
FCA stated and I quote "expensive; intentionally so" and they don't plan on selling many because it is designed as a lifestyle vehicle. They are assembling the new RAM Dakota on the same frame etc... in Toledo and will sell those for Ranger / Colorado money in an effort to get the economies of scale for the midsize scale production.
This is what I heard too. I would regret it if FCA limited supply (over demand) because I could think of some really great (Scrambler specific) after market products for it, like someone mentioned above a cab cover, that providers might think twice about spending the money to produce if they're not going to have anywhere near as large a market of prospective buyers.

Sponsored

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport
Occupation
Highway Dept
From what I remember he said initially expensive. It is also rumored to have only two trim levels. I believe that only the Rubicon will be available at launch kind of like the JLU vs the JL. The sport will be available a short time after. If I had to guess I would say add $2,500 to the price of a JLU and that will be what the JT will coast.

Vawildjeep

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2 1/2” stage 2 Icon lift 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 20” Fuel Beasts.
Occupation
Business owner
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t think they have any intention of pricing them to sell. They just want a dog in the hunt so to say.

JlEngineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Just build them
Last Union meeting we were told production will start in March on the JT and the Dakota can't be built at the Toledo plant.

Sponsored

Vawildjeep

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business owner
Vehicle Showcase
So true. I have a hard time discerning what is reality and what is just wishful thinking. I myself am not holding out for the truck. Going ahead with my Rubi order and will be extremely happy.....at some point anyway :)

Vawildjeep

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business owner
Vehicle Showcase
The Scrambler debuts in LA at the Auto Show November 28th is the word that I am hearing from several who got emails from Chrysler.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport
Occupation
Highway Dept
The Scrambler debuts in LA at the Auto Show November 28th is the word that I am hearing from several who got emails from Chrysler.
It's going to be a long 23 days. I have put off a JL Rubi purchase in hopes that this truck will be affordable. I need the extra towing and payload capabilities.
Sponsored