Sponsored

Jeep JT Gladiator pickup trucks are coming!

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Looks like the Rubicon comes with Falken Wildpeaks instead of the BFG's.
Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I could be mistaken but I think those are an option. A little more $$$. Which is funny because in the aftermarket you can buy the Falkens for less than the BFGs.

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
I could be mistaken but I think those are an option. A little more $$$. Which is funny because in the aftermarket you can buy the Falkens for less than the BFGs.
Yeah, that would be strange if that's what they are doing. Not saying they aren't/won't be, just that it's odd.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
No plans to get rid of the JL or get the gladiator. I think the thing is stupid looking and would never own one.
I agree. I think it looks disgusting honestly. It looks even worse naked. The REAR DOORS not being full going down looks very dumb. It just looks so god awful in stock form. Maybe once lifts start coming out and that thing gets 37's it might actually look ok but from the looks of it I honestly don't see what this has over say a COLORADO for like 1/4 of the price cheaper. These JT's are supposedly going to be going for about 50-60k which in all honestly I might as well just get a Diesel Nissan Titan, Chevy Silverado Diesel and have something with 10x more balls.

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I agree. I think it looks disgusting honestly. It looks even worse naked. The REAR DOORS not being full going down looks very dumb. It just looks so god awful in stock form. Maybe once lifts start coming out and that thing gets 37's it might actually look ok but from the looks of it I honestly don't see what this has over say a COLORADO for like 1/4 of the price cheaper. These JT's are supposedly going to be going for about 50-60k which in all honestly I might as well just get a Diesel Nissan Titan, Chevy Silverado Diesel and have something with 10x more balls.
100% this. It is one FUGLY truck.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
I for one like it. Beauty is all in the eye (so they say). Whilst the Wrangler has no true equivalent competition in the SUV world, the Gladiator will be going head to head with the Tacoma, Colorado ZR2, and the Ranger to start off. The mid-size truck market is hot right now so it would be foolish for Jeep to stand on the sidelines and not jump in. Are there some styling oddities? Absolutely (the rear door angle is one of the worst offenders). But especially in the Rubicon trim I think it will bring a lot to the table that the others are missing. I've owned 3 Frontiers (last one being a PRO-4X) and we currently have a Ridgeline (GREAT AWD system but horrible clearance) next to our JLUR. I would buy one (in fact I am already picking up vibes from my wife that our JLUR might have a new stable mate in a year or two).

Looking forward to see how the Gladiator project progresses!

kjone013

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 JLUR MOJITO! (3.6, auto, loaded)
Occupation
Army
I don't like it. Maybe after I start seem them around it will start to grow on me. If they went with a modern model of the old Gladiators then I would be 100% on board.

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I don’t know about this. Seems like it doesn’t do the full truck duties nor the hardcore off-roading. What am I thinking, that covers most of the market lol. Personally, I think the bed is too long, or it seems too low. Maybe both but something is off. They literally could’ve just made the wrangler 1-2 ft longer and creating a different the Top cover.

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
Limo truck, Wrangler/CJs were small bob tail offroad vehicles.. this is an abomination

Sponsored

American Adventurist

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 StingGray JLUR
Good move. I have them (life long BFG guy here) and the Wildpeaks are WAY better in the cold, icy wet snowy stuff than my KO2's were.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Did a quick Photoshop... Personally I think if they just made the bed shorter, it would look 1000x better. I really like the tiny 2dr without the extra cab variant.

gladiator.jpg
NOW YOU SIR should have been on the design team. Those last 2 are f'king AWESOME and I would pay for those. Very NICE>

HotKarlTheJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
NOW YOU SIR should have been on the design team. Those last 2 are f'king AWESOME and I would pay for those. Very NICE>

haha. Thanks. Looking at it again, I think it would look better if that small window went all the way back and then it became just a removable roof instead of the back area too.

crew.PNG
Sponsored