Sponsored

Jeep JT Gladiator pickup trucks are coming!

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
“Everyone” was right. The JLU looks strange and ugly. :) It just so happens that it’s way more practical for most people, and so it’s popular. It has almost no competition. A pickup, on the other hand, has LOTS of competition. Even so, JT will be popular. Fugly can still sell, and sell it will!
It would be interesting if ford ever puts a solid front axle under their new ranger in a special edition vehicle. Couple that with some low gears and a low geared transfer case and you have yourself some steep competition. Who knows what ford do. They have catered to the off road market for the past 7-8 years with the raptor.

Jeep_VB

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Sport, Dodge Charger Scatpack
It would be interesting if ford ever puts a solid front axle under their new ranger in a special edition vehicle. Couple that with some low gears and a low geared transfer case and you have yourself some steep competition. Who knows what ford do. They have catered to the off road market for the past 7-8 years with the raptor.

Ford has said that the US will get an FX4 version of the Ranger but we are not getting a Ranger Raptor. While the Raptor is built up it's built for the desert and super wide. My personal opinion a Ranger Raptor would still not hold up to the JT. It would be a very nice aluminum truck that would most likely cost more than the JT and in my opinion would not be as fun to drive.

Sponsored

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Ford has said that the US will get an FX4 version of the Ranger but we are not getting a Ranger Raptor. While the Raptor is built up it's built for the desert and super wide. My personal opinion a Ranger Raptor would still not hold up to the JT. It would be a very nice aluminum truck that would most likely cost more than the JT and in my opinion would not be as fun to drive.
Oh the ranger raptor is coming. Patents are filed and the left hand drive model has been spotted.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I heard from trusted sources that Ford is concerned that a Ranger Raptor would cannibalize sales of F-150 Raptor and that's why it's not coming to the U.S.

They will certainly do some sort of offroad package to compete with the ZR2 eventually.

Mike Manley has stated that the Jeep pickup will be purposefully priced high to appeal to a niche market. "Priced high" compared to JL pricing would put it out of reach for most buyers.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Gladiator teaser......

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
I dunno. Seems like if it's a little more expensive than the Rubicon fully loaded then you're pretty much at Ram pricing. If I could get a full size v8 fully loaded for the same price as this I think I'd take the RAM.

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Dont like at all.

Why not give it it's own look?

It's a Wrangler with a bed?

I'll take bets right now, sales will be deplorable

Sponsored

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
I will never get used to 4 door trucks, I am sure their will be a lot of parts and design leverage so its probably a relatively easy run for them

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I heard from trusted sources that Ford is concerned that a Ranger Raptor would cannibalize sales of F-150 Raptor and that's why it's not coming to the U.S.

They will certainly do some sort of offroad package to compete with the ZR2 eventually.

Mike Manley has stated that the Jeep pickup will be purposefully priced high to appeal to a niche market. "Priced high" compared to JL pricing would put it out of reach for most buyers.
It will be priced high because demand allows it. Have you seen the demand for $60k to $70k pickup trucks? It is HUGE right now. They will charge out the nose and will sell every one of them. I know so many people who have put off a Wrangler to wait for that truck, and that hasn't hurt Wrangler sales one bit.

The Ranger/Raptor will be nice, but it won't have removable doors or top. It won't have a solid front axle. It likely won't have the towing capacity (7800lbs) of the JT, and it might not have the payload. It also won't have the crawl ratio. We'll see about lockers. It won't have a manual transmission available, either. They'll sell the daylights out of those Rangers, but it won't offer the versatility of that JT, IMO.

I'd love to hit the lotto right about now so that I could add one of those to the stable. Unfortunately, I don't play and my wife things the JT is butt ugly. (She thinks the JL is gorgeous, so that's a little strange, to me. That bed on the back just turns it off for her.)

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
So do we wave at people driving Scramblers? or do they wave to eachother...
Sponsored