Sponsored

Jeep JT Gladiator pickup trucks are coming!

TERRAHAWK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Wrangler
It's going to sell a lot better than you think if appropriately priced, and no , with your top off and rear seats folded you wont have a Gladiator.
Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
So make it look like a truck and not a Wrangler.
Truck is funky looking, at least give it it's own look. I predict sales will be laughable. Way to much competition, a Jeep is a Jeep - not a truck. With my top down and rear seats folded I will have a "Gladiator"
I know what you're saying. But the Wrangler still has the roll bar eating up space, which the Gladiator doesn't. And the Wrangler has miserable payload and towing capacity. So there are some very important differences.

If you're a guy who needs a small truck, but wants front and rear lockers there's only two games in town: Colorado ZR2 and Jeep Gladiator. And if you want all that plus a removable top, there will be only ONE game in town: Jeep Gladiator.

This truck will sell well IF they keep the price in check which FCA seems to have a hard time doing these days.

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
I know what you're saying. But the Wrangler still has the roll bar eating up space, which the Gladiator doesn't. And the Wrangler has miserable payload and towing capacity. So there are some very important differences.

If you're a guy who needs a small truck, but wants front and rear lockers there's only two games in town: Colorado ZR2 and Jeep Gladiator. And if you want all that plus a removable top, there will be only ONE game in town: Jeep Gladiator.

This truck will sell well IF they keep the price in check which FCA seems to have a hard time doing these days.
Yes, but for competition to make one of there mid size trucks a "convertable" to compete that is very easy to due.

I just dont see it

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Truck is funky looking, at least give it it's own look. I predict sales will be laughable. Way to much competition, a Jeep is a Jeep - not a truck. With my top down and rear seats folded I will have a "Gladiator"
FCA already makes trucks. *Nobody* makes what the Wrangler truck will offer (Wrangler look, convertible, doors-off, etc.). They will sell like hotcakes.

Reactions: VNT

Sponsored

Aggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito!
I love my JL as much as the next guy but take off your JL blinders and do bother reading about the Gladiator's specs (i.e. towing capacity and payload capacity, which blow away the JL's) before you say :facepalm: things.

So no, taking down your top and folding your rear seats does not even come close to a Gladiator, at least for actual truck duties.

TERRAHAWK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Wrangler
I love my JL as much as the next guy but take off your JL blinders and do bother reading about the Gladiator's specs (i.e. towing capacity and payload capacity, which blow away the JL's) before you say :facepalm: things.

So no, taking down your top and folding your rear seats does not even come close to a Gladiator, at least for actual truck duties.
LSU sucks...just saying!:like:

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL

But who really plans on towing 8000lbs with there midsize jeep with a bed?

Yes, for some people the gladiator I suppose will be a good vehicle...but for most, will go with the wrangler over the truck.

In fact save this post, I'll bet on it that sales will be sub par.

Sponsored

Biscuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Retired
Payload capacity and towing capacity.

Jeep DOES have a history with trucks. Two that come to mind are the Comanche and the Scrambler. Probably before Armando's time, though.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Toying with people again.

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Looking forward to ordering a JT 2dr Rubicon. The 4 dr. is monkey butt fugly. They should keep the cover on it IMO.
There isn't a 2 door. It is 4 door only. The market just wouldnt support a 2 door version.

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
But who really plans on towing 8000lbs with there midsize jeep with a bed?

Yes, for some people the gladiator I suppose will be a good vehicle...but for most, will go with the wrangler over the truck.

In fact save this post, I'll bet on it that sales will be sub par.
I look at it this way. If the JT can tow 8000 lbs, then there is no reason I can't do the same wth my JLU.
Sponsored