Sponsored

Jeep JT Gladiator pickup trucks are coming!

Shaved Ice

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I saw the reveal and I am a big fan. Now if the lemon process on my JLUR will just go smoothly...
Sponsored

Vawildjeep

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2 1/2” stage 2 Icon lift 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 20” Fuel Beasts.
Occupation
Business owner
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not really a fan of them just yet. But I do recall people going crazy back in the day when the 4 door wranglers came out. Said they were ugly and wouldn't sell b/c they weren't made for the "true" offroaders. So maybe I will give it some time before I judge too harshly. But I am very glad I didn't hold out for these and went ahead with my JL Rubicon.
Honestly, listening the execs talking about the truck, they don't expect it to be a big seller either. A very niche market for them for sure. Truck guys are going to hate on it b/c it doesn't do everything that the trucks in it's class can already do. Wrangler owners are going to hate on it b/c it isn't as "cool" as their JL's and won't handle off road near as well as theirs will (which appears to be true). Some will like it, some will not. I am on the "not" liking it side. Doesn't look aesthetically pleasing to the eye and other than a larger hauling/storage area, would not replace my current JL or Tundra.

Shaved Ice

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
...Truck guys are going to hate on it b/c it doesn't do everything that the trucks in it's class can already do...
I hope it isn’t a big seller but have to disagree with this statement in your post. It leads in towing and payload over other midsize trucks...for now. And it’s open air.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75th Anniversary (2016) WK2 Trail Rated Laredo in Recon Green
Occupation
Retired Navy (2004) Now, Loafer & Fly Fisher
Did a quick Photoshop... Personally I think if they just made the bed shorter, it would look 1000x better. I really like the tiny 2dr without the extra cab variant.

gladiator.jpg
INTERESTING IDEAS - But the bed is already short at 5 feet ! They should of made it as a "Quad cab" not Crew, and then all the proportions would of been nicer to look at and nearly as functional for 4 adults ! Who are we kidding NOBODY who uses this as intended is gonna haul 4 adults into the back country - they will all want to take their own Jeeps on the trail ! "Wagons-Ho !" I see, at most. 2 adults (front) and 2 dogs (either in back seat or Jeep-bed) ! Where the dogs ain't, the cargo goes ! :clap: :like: !

Sponsored

Muzzle of Bees

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TEP
There wont be much built by anyone that will match what the Gladiator can do stock. Also, consider that this is likely a narrow truck that is a better
trial rig too. Something the others lack.

mizzoujake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler 2dr, 2015 Grand Cherokee Altitude
But the real questions about the Gladiator....do you Jeep Wave to them or no?

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Did a quick Photoshop... Personally I think if they just made the bed shorter, it would look 1000x better. I really like the tiny 2dr without the extra cab variant.

gladiator.jpg

Sales #'s for 2 doors and extended cab trucks is just too low to warrant production. That was pretty much a given from day one with the JT.

Sponsored

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
There wont be much built by anyone that will match what the Gladiator can do stock. Also, consider that this is likely a narrow truck that is a better
trial rig too. Something the others lack.
The Colorado Bison will do anything the Gladiator will do and probably more...

Muzzle of Bees

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TEP
The Colorado Bison will do anything the Gladiator will do and probably more...
Perhaps, but if I am not mistaken the Chevy is the one that had the airbag deployments when wheeling.
And yes it qualifies "not many" given there is not much to choose from.
Sponsored