Sponsored

Jeep JT Gladiator pickup trucks are coming!

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
I’m curious to see what that bad boy is going to cost?
Sponsored

Vawildjeep

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2 1/2” stage 2 Icon lift 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 20” Fuel Beasts.
Occupation
Business owner
Vehicle Showcase
I’m guessing the Rubi version will push 65K

Vawildjeep

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2 1/2” stage 2 Icon lift 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 20” Fuel Beasts.
Occupation
Business owner
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited by a moderator:

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
3 weeks till we see the real deal! Dealerships just got these this morning.

View attachment 106973
This would look 100% sick if an option from the factory is a camper shell of similar construction to our Freedom Tops. Would look like an amazing extended JLU, but with a useable (but covered) bed!

DO IT JEEP!!! YOU'D SELL A TON!!!

Sponsored

Firstwave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara 2018 Mazda CX9
Saw one cruising around Moab last week. Of course it was wrapped up.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I love Wranglers and I love pickups, but this is fugly, IMO. Raptor for the win by a large margin.

Vawildjeep

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business owner
Vehicle Showcase
No offense to anyone above but it sounds a lot like when they released the 4 door Jeep. Everyone went crazy saying it looked strange and how they would never sell. Wonder what the purchase ratio is now of 4 door vs 2 door? I’m thinking the longer they are out the more it will grow on people. Give it time.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
No offense to anyone above but it sounds a lot like when they released the 4 door Jeep. Everyone went crazy saying it looked strange and how they would never sell. Wonder what the purchase ratio is now of 4 door vs 2 door? I’m thinking the longer they are out the more it will grow on people. Give it time.
“Everyone” was right. The JLU looks strange and ugly. :) It just so happens that it’s way more practical for most people, and so it’s popular. It has almost no competition. A pickup, on the other hand, has LOTS of competition. Even so, JT will be popular. Fugly can still sell, and sell it will!

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Litfuse

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
I think it will depend on what FCA is asking for the truck.

Vawildjeep

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business owner
Vehicle Showcase
“Everyone” was right. The JLU looks strange and ugly. :) It just so happens that it’s way more practical for most people, and so it’s popular. It has almost no competition. A pickup, on the other hand, has LOTS of competition. Even so, JT will be popular. Fugly can still sell, and sell it will!
I wish that I didn’t think the 2 door looked strange bc it would save me several grand to buy one of those and not the 4 door version.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport
Occupation
Highway Dept
I’m guessing the Rubi version will push 65K
Based on what? Are you talking a base Rubi?

I agree, it will look ugly imo. No offense buts basically just slapping a truck bed to a JLU and it looks OFF.
They did not just slap a bed on a JL. It is reported to have 1400 payload 6400 towing. Thats why I want one.

Looking forward to ordering a JT 2dr Rubicon. The 4 dr. is monkey butt fugly. They should keep the cover on it IMO.
I am still one of the few that believe a 2 door is in the works. I do not think it will come for a few years but I still have hope.

rjrubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
It will now go into competition with the small truck series Tacoma, new Ranger, Colorado etc...will be interesting I’ll have to see it in person. Here we go with the first year bugs again lol.

RobNY

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 TJ
The medium size pickup segment is getting really competitive with the Ranger and Jeep Pickup both coming next year. It's a growing segment but still not as big as full size pickups so it'll be interesting to see how the sales get split between so many options. The one thing the Jeep Pickup will always have going for it is the Jeep name and unique look... as long as they price it properly.
Sponsored