And my JL is an '18 even haha

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Sport, JT Mojave, Sold JLU Sport S
Occupation
Cigar & IPA Snob
Wrangler capacity has been more constrained than Gladiator’s. Wrangler inventories have been tighter and prices higher.

I can see a chunk of buyers opting for a Gladiator after being unable to get a Wrangler.
I went ahead and ordered both in Q2 so I did my part.

Tmarshallg78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
I bought my ecodiesel jlu in June, so I was part of the Q2 sales as well. I looked at the door seal and my jl was built in 06/21 as well. The dealership must have just received mine, plus it only had 12 miles on it when I purchased it.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Here are US sales by make for the first half of 2021.

Jeep brand overall does not look that hawt!

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL Wrangler Breaks US Sales Record For Q2 2021 1625597461157

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
Here are US sales by make for the first half of 2021.

Jeep brand overall does not look that hawt!

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL Wrangler Breaks US Sales Record For Q2 2021 1625597461157
maybe not comparatively to other brands. But Jeep really doesn’t have the variety of models most of the big hitters do. The thing to look at is Jeep accounts for almost 40% of Stellantis sales. It’s probably the safest brand under their growth strategy, followed by ram. In ten years what we know as Chrysler will probably be Jeep and Ram.

JeeperKeeper

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willy’s Unlimited
Straight axle. That’s what separates the wrangler. A real front axle. People know the difference. The only SUV on the market with a solid front axle is killing it in sales. The competition will tell you their market research says no. people want IFS and a smooth ride. Sales tell the real story
True but the quality will never be improved by FCA if people are willing to pay huge money for these. And they are riddled with many many QC issues. Can’t even paint then right.

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Total US market grows 22% and your Jeep brand grows 13%.

seemingly not something to crow about.

The managers of the Ram brand, on the other hand, should be very pleased.

wrc777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
FCA outsold Ford. I wonder if that has ever happened before? Ford seems to have screwed up quite a bit more than anyone else with the chip shortages.

I would like to see 2019 numbers vs 2021 since 2020 was so historically different.

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Straight axle. That’s what separates the wrangler. A real front axle. People know the difference. The only SUV on the market with a solid front axle is killing it in sales. The competition will tell you their market research says no. people want IFS and a smooth ride. Sales tell the real story
I think you are very wrong. It's my belief that most people buying a wrangler have no desire or even knowledge of the fact that a wrangler has a solid front axle. The people buying wranglers are buying it because of it's name, because of how it looks, the removable top, the history, the image, etc.

Most individuals will NEVER take their wranglers off-roading, this forum should have taught you that by now. Solid axles are complete trash compared to IFS for daily driven ROAD vehicles. No one in their right mind would even try to argue that IFS is less comfortable, on road, than solid axle. All the sales numbers prove is people dont give a shit about IFS or Solid Axle, they want a Wrangler.

Deadpool_JL

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Islander 2.0T Firecracker Red
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT
I contributed to that Q2 numberđź’Ş

wrc777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
I checked out some of the Q2 2019 vs Q2 2021 numbers and it is not good for Ford, GM, FCA. Ford is down almost 25% between those quarters with GM and FCA (closer to 10% down) are not down as bad while Toyota, Honda, Hyudai, VW (really?) are up significantly in the same comparison. With lots more or less empty now (assuming it stays that way) it will be interesting to see who can ship more vehicles in Q3 and Q4.
Sponsored