• Jeep delivers second best ever Q2 U.S. retail sales
  • Jeep Wrangler – Best quarter ever for U.S. retail sales
  • Jeep Wrangler 4xe – No. 1 best-selling plug-in hybrid
  • Jeep Gladiator – Best quarter ever for U.S. retail and total sales
  • Dodge Durango – Best second quarter for U.S. retail sales since 2005
  • Ram total sales rose 47% year-over-year
  • Chrysler total sales rose 36% year-over-year
  • Alfa Romeo total sales rose 34% year-over-year
July 1, 2021 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Driven by strong consumer demand for Jeep®, Ram, Dodge, Chrysler and Alfa Romeo brand vehicles, FCA US LLC reported a 32% increase in second-quarter sales over the same time period a year earlier. Retail sales rose 27% for the quarter. Fleet accounted for 12% of total sales.

“The recovering U.S. economy and continued strong demand for our products drove unprecedented results,” U.S. Head of Sales Jeff Kommor said. “We continue to work closely with our suppliers to mitigate the manufacturing impacts caused by the various supply chain issues facing our industry.”

The Jeep brand continues its trailblazing performance, recording a 19% increase in total sales year-over-year, and its second best ever second quarter for U.S. retail sales. Wrangler recorded its best quarter ever for U.S. retail sales, while Gladiator posted its best quarter ever for U.S. retail sales, as well as U.S. total sales with 29,962 vehicles.

The Jeep lineup continues to grow. Since the full launch of the Wrangler 4xe earlier this year, it quickly became the No. 1 best-selling plug-in hybrid in the marketplace. In June, the all-new 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L, the first ever three-row Grand Cherokee, began making its way to dealerships. An all-new Jeep Grand Cherokee two-row and its 4xe electrified version is scheduled to debut later in 2021.

The Ram brand was also a bright spot during the quarter, delivering 187,750 total sales, a 47% increase on a year-over-year basis. Ram pickup trucks rose 40%, while the Ram ProMaster Van and ProMaster City drove 129% and 132% increases in total sales, respectively, over the prior year.

Powered by Challenger, Charger and Durango, Dodge brand total sales rose 42% year-over year. Separately, total sales of Challenger rose 52%, Charger rose 95%, and Durango rose 53%. The second quarter was also the best ever quarter for total sales of the Challenger Scat Pack and Charger Scat Pack, and the best retail second quarter for Durango since 2005. The Brotherhood of Muscle will grow stronger on Saturday, August 14, as thousands of automotive enthusiasts attend this year’s ultimate car festival of legal street racing, Roadkill Nights Powered by Dodge at M1 Concourse in Pontiac, Michigan.

Total sales of the Chrysler brand increased 36% to 18,900 vehicles compared to Q2 of last year, driven by the Chrysler 300 and Chrysler Pacifica. The Pacifica Hybrid, the minivan segment’s first-ever hybrid vehicle and the only plug-in hybrid minivan, also recorded its best ever second quarter total sales.

As Alfa Romeo celebrates its 111th anniversary, the brand marked yet another reason to celebrate as its second-quarter U.S. total sales rose 34% over Q2 of the prior year. The Stelvio SUV increased 38%, the Giulia sedan increased 31% and the Alfa 4C increased 8%.

Stellantis will share its electrification strategy on Thursday, July 8, at 2:30 p.m. CEST / 8:30 a.m. EDT during its EV Day 2021 hosted by Stellantis Chief Executive Officer Carlos Tavares. Details for accessing the event, along with the supporting materials, will be available under the Investors section of the Stellantis corporate website at www.stellantis.com. A recorded replay will be accessible on the Group’s corporate website.

See the attached table for the breakdown of brand and nameplate sales.

screen-shot-2021-07-02-at-12-37-12-pm-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Amazing quarter. Wrangler+Gladiator almost broke 100,000 for the quarter (18 units shy).

And, somehow, they managed to sell 4 new Patriots!!!! (where were they hiding them?)

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Who the hell was the lone individual who bought the Chrysler Town & Country? He probably got such a great deal he also picked up the Dodge Dart while he was there.

Last edited:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
So much for shortages!

Hello, Ford...? Are you listening?

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
Looks like a lot of posers mistakenly thought the Wrangler is special. Suckers.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Wrangler capacity has been more constrained than Gladiator’s. Wrangler inventories have been tighter and prices higher.

I can see a chunk of buyers opting for a Gladiator after being unable to get a Wrangler.

Baconator

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler
I have no data to back this up, but in my estimation, the Bronco delay has been a goldmine for Jeep, and I don't just mean in opportunity cost for Ford.

So, a few years ago, Ford announced the reintroduction of the Bronco, and they more or less said "Jeep, we intend to compete with you".

Interested parties, myself being one, started researching, and having never owned a 4x4, I ended up doing most of my research on the Wrangler.

And then it was delay, delay, delay....

In their slow time to market, I fell in love with Jeeps, bought one and have no intention of cross shopping a Bronco any time soon. I don't dislike it like many do, but I do think it's a little drab in body contour and I don't think the stock grille will age particularly well. 7 slots is timeless (except when it's < or > than 7...lol).

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Here is a summary of sales in the first six months of 2021, by automaker.

Top-level observations:
  • Total US market grew 29% over COVID-19 depressed 2020
  • Sales by American automakers unperformed
    • General Motors and Stellantis recovered 20% and 17%, respectively
    • Ford continued to lag the rest of the industry with only 4.5% gains
  • Among traditional automakers, VW, Hyundai-Kia, Mazda, Toyota and Honda led the recovery, thanks to strong SUV sales
  • Tesla is closing in on BMW N.A. (which includes Mini) and Mercedes --not reported
  • Looks like the party is over at Subaru of America

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL Wrangler Breaks US Sales Record For Q2 2021 1625247368931

Last edited:

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Straight axle. That’s what separates the wrangler. A real front axle. People know the difference. The only SUV on the market with a solid front axle is killing it in sales. The competition will tell you their market research says no. people want IFS and a smooth ride. Sales tell the real story

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
I have no data to back this up, but in my estimation, the Bronco delay has been a goldmine for Jeep, and I don't just mean in opportunity cost for Ford.

So, a few years ago, Ford announced the reintroduction of the Bronco, and they more or less said "Jeep, we intend to compete with you".

Interested parties, myself being one, started researching, and having never owned a 4x4, I ended up doing most of my research on the Wrangler.

In their slow time to market, I fell in love with Jeeps, bought one and have no intention of cross shopping a Bronco any time soon. I don't dislike it like many do, but I do think it's a little drab in body contour and I don't think the stock grille will age particularly well. 7 slots is timeless (except when it's < or > than 7...lol).
I cancelled my Bronco order and bought a 4xe. Very happy with it. Might buy a Brinco for the wife if Ford ever figures out how to assemble vehicles again.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase

I.e., all that Bronco marketing generated demand for Wranglers.

Thank you, Ford!

Spartan99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUX
Reminds me of when Harley Davidson’s sales flooded the market and created a used market for bargain deals. In a few years used Jeeps will be dirt cheap.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Reminds me of when Harley Davidson’s sales flooded the market and created a used market for bargain deals. In a few years used Jeeps will be dirt cheap.
Same thing was said on Wranglerforum around 2013, 2014 and 2015. It never happened…

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Same thing was said on Wranglerforum around 2013, 2014 and 2015. It never happened…
Were JKs selling at these numbers? JL has been doing close to 20k almost every month, if I remember correctly.
Sponsored