Jeep JL Uconnect 8.4 upgrade help!

steveomatic

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I hope someone can help me. I purchased a Uconnect 8.4 to upgrade from my 5 inch. I hooked it up today and everything works accept the Sirius XM (sxm) button is not on my screen under the FM button. I cannot locate it or how to enable it. Also, when I place my car in reverse nothing happens on my screen, the backup camera does not come on it simply stays on the current screen. I would like to note that prior to this I upgraded to a 7 inch with no issues. The 8.4 is actually replacing the 7 inch, however, originally my Jeep came with the 5 inch.

Is their something I need to do to get the backup camera working and the SXM button to show up?

Thank you,
Steve

20200205_161500.jpg
Sponsored

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
Press source select and move the XM Series icon over the blue tooth icon which is under the FM button. Only 3 buttons can be viewed at a time with this software. Can't help with the other issue.

360JL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White Jeep Wrangler Sport S
If you haven’t already, I would recommend taking it to your local dealer. Every case I’ve read about involving an upgrade to the 8.4 has required that the Jeep get updated with that hardware’s information.

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
If you haven’t already, I would recommend taking it to your local dealer. Every case I’ve read about involving an upgrade to the 8.4 has required that the Jeep get updated with that hardware’s information.
all you need to do is reset your Jeep with a Tazer or after a few starts stops the Jeep will see the new unit can take it a bit

Last edited:

Sponsored

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimted Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I hope someone can help me. I purchased a Uconnect 8.4 to upgrade from my 5 inch. I hooked it up today and everything works accept the Sirius XM (sxm) button is not on my screen under the FM button. I cannot locate it or how to enable it. Also, when I place my car in reverse nothing happens on my screen, the backup camera does not come on it simply stays on the current screen. I would like to note that prior to this I upgraded to a 7 inch with no issues. The 8.4 is actually replacing the 7 inch, however, originally my Jeep came with the 5 inch.

Is their something I need to do to get the backup camera working and the SXM button to show up?

Thank you,
Steve

20200205_161500.jpg

Any success which this yet? Did you purchase a new unit? Your 5" came with Sirius correct?

OP
OP
steveomatic

steveomatic

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
It fixes itself after a few start and stops of the engine. All is good now.

Sponsored

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimted Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
When you bought yours from Mopar, did they ask for you vin?
Yes but it wasn’t a problem. Benny, who is a forum sponsor for allmoparparts.com can answer any questions about ordering from here. I ordered on a Monday and received my 8.4 on that Friday
Sponsored