Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
You should consider upgrading to a rubicon suspension. It will give you better articulation and handle the extra weight from metal bumpers, winch, and camping gear.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DrDaniel

DrDaniel

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Two Door
I am curious about your roof rack, bumpers and winch. Who are the manufacturers and how do you like them?
The roof rack is EAG Jeep JL 2 door rack. Easy to install, I and wife basically installed in 1 hour. It's good and bad. Good part is, it looks better than full rack, and it can handle 300 LBs stable, and you don't need to drill the hole on your hardtop. Downside is, rooftop tent is too heavy on this rack. So overland rooftop tent is impossible on this.

Bumper and winch.

Barricade Adventure HD Front Bumper (18-20 Jeep Wrangler JL) for the bumper, which is $360. It is great, no complains at all.

Barricade 9,500 lb. Winch is the winch, perfect fit with this bumper, which is $380. I used it on trail to drag my buddy out couple times, works fine.

OP
OP
DrDaniel

DrDaniel

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another $2K upgrade parts on the way, the 8.4 inch and climate control, this is the most important part to distinguish JL and JK in my perspective, so I cannot skip this upgrade, my 5 inch screen just too out of date in 2020. I will update when I receive them. Around 2 weeks.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
The roof rack is EAG Jeep JL 2 door rack. Easy to install, I and wife basically installed in 1 hour. It's good and bad. Good part is, it looks better than full rack, and it can handle 300 LBs stable, and you don't need to drill the hole on your hardtop. Downside is, rooftop tent is too heavy on this rack. So overland rooftop tent is impossible on this.

Bumper and winch.

Barricade Adventure HD Front Bumper (18-20 Jeep Wrangler JL) for the bumper, which is $360. It is great, no complains at all.

Barricade 9,500 lb. Winch is the winch, perfect fit with this bumper, which is $380. I used it on trail to drag my buddy out couple times, works fine.
The rack can hold 300lbs, but can the crossbars hold 300lbs dynamic?

Sponsored

Trekez2

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Occupation
Retired
The rack can hold 300lbs, but can the crossbars hold 300lbs dynamic?

Bumper and winch.

I was thinking rooftop tent as an option, that’s a shame. All three upgrades look great.

OP
OP
DrDaniel

DrDaniel

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was thinking rooftop tent as an option, that’s a shame. All three upgrades look great.
Same here! If without the roof tent, the roof rack is just for styling.

OP
OP
DrDaniel

DrDaniel

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update, I installed the 8.4 inch UAQ and climate control panel from 5 inch original radio. It's not cheap, but I love it so much. The only part you need to pay attention is you need to install a temp sensor to make sure the auto climate works.

IMG_7341.jpeg

IMG_7342.jpeg

IMG_7344.jpeg

Trekez2

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Update, I installed the 8.4 inch UAQ and climate control panel from 5 inch original radio. It's not cheap, but I love it so much. The only part you need to pay attention is you need to install a temp sensor to make sure the auto climate works.

IMG_7341.jpeg

IMG_7342.jpeg

IMG_7344.jpeg
Very nice, it looks absolutely original. Did it require a dealer flash?

alleycat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys 2.0t
Occupation
Retired
Can you give us your part numbers for the radio, control panel, sensors, antennas, etc...

Sponsored

FormerF150Owner

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline, Toyota Sienna, Jeep JKU 2016, ordered 2 door JL 2021 on 8/10/2020
Welcome Daniel, Your Jeep looks great! I'm partial to Ocean Blue as well. :)
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL Two Doors Sport S with Rubicon Take Off Wheels and 8.4 inch UAQ IMG_7344
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL Two Doors Sport S with Rubicon Take Off Wheels and 8.4 inch UAQ IMG_7344
Garage Link
I have a hellayella 2 door sport that I will be taking tomorrow to switch out my stock steel wheels with Rubicon take offs. Is there a lift on yours and it so, what is it?

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
I have a hellayella 2 door sport that I will be taking tomorrow to switch out my stock steel wheels with Rubicon take offs. Is there a lift on yours and it so, what is it?
Mine has a Teraflex ST1 Spacer lift that I picked up used from a member on the forum for like $60 shipped. It's actually the kit for the 4 door model, as I wanted an extra 1/2" lift up front to offset the weight of the steel bumper and winch.
(The Teraflex 4 door kit is 2” front spacers and 1.5” rear spacers, while the 2 door kit is 1” front and 1.5” rear)
Sponsored