First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
IMG_3848.jpg

Click here to order!
The Motobilt Jeep JL Skid Plate System is the most well thought out system in the industry by providing more protection, easy install and flush underside. We offer a complete 4 skid system where each part bolts together using recessed bolts and completely smooth keyed overlays. There are absolutely no drop down points, bolt heads or lips to catch on obstacles. Fits Jeep JL 4 door with 3.6L.

Features

• 3/16 inch steel construction.
  • Large 4 piece design.
  • 1 hour install time.
  • Recessed bolts that self center.
  • Entire system is completely flush.
  • Boat side design.
  • Built in cross member.
  • Large oil pan access panel.
  • Notched ends so that a car lift can still be used for repairs.
  • Individual skids can be removed for repairs and maintenance on your Jeep.
Benefits

• Steel construction for superior strength.
  • 4 piece design allows for the most protection.
  • Quick and easy install.
  • Flush underside allows you to easily slide over obstacles.
  • Built in cross member adds strength and rigidity.
  • Large oil pan access panel allows for clean and effortless oil changes.
  • No drilling.
  • No need to drop or empty your fuel tank.
Included

• Transmission / Transfer case skid plate
  • Engine skid plate
  • Fuel tank skid plate
  • Exhaust skid plate
  • Hardware
Sponsored

OP
OP
Motobilt

Motobilt

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Looks great...can you buy each piece individually? For example, can I buy the engine tranny skid without having to buy the whole system?
No it is sold as a complete system.

Bama JL

First Name
will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler sport(coming)
Are you working on a skid plate solution for the JT?

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
@Motobilt , how far are your orders out? I had the metalcloak undercloak on my 2019 JLUR, and ordered a the same for my 2020 JLUR but I am hearing they may be 3-5 weeks out. I have always liked your products and may try and swap my order out if my local shop can get your in sooner.

OP
OP
Motobilt

Motobilt

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
@Motobilt , how far are your orders out? I had the metalcloak undercloak on my 2019 JLUR, and ordered a the same for my 2020 JLUR but I am hearing they may be 3-5 weeks out. I have always liked your products and may try and swap my order out if my local shop can get your in sooner.
We are about 10-14 business days out currently. The first batch sold out and has shipped. Please let me know if we can help.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
We are about 10-14 business days out currently. The first batch sold out and has shipped. Please let me know if we can help.
@Motobilt it looks like your skid is lower / loses a little ground clearance compared to the artec and Metalcloak that sits flush against the frame. How much lower do yours hang with the boat sides that meet up with the frame rails?

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
We made sure that our entire system was no lower then the factory fuel tank skid plate.
Thanks for all the quick responses. I had ordered the Metalcloak undercloak for my 2020 JLUR since I ran it on my 2019 but was able to have the shop swap the order for these. They are all powder coated and ready to install Tuesday. Will be good to see how they do here in AZ vs the Metalcloak.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
@Motobilt , I changed my order from the @Metalcloak Metalcloak Undercloak system like I had on my 2019 JLUR to the new Motobilt skid system for my 2020 JLUR.

I noticed right away that the plates under the fuel tank seemed to take deep scrapes easily, where my old Metalcloak skids were pretty bulletproof.

after a trip last weekend where there were a lot of wash outs on dirt hills where I bottomed out lightly I have started to see big issues, on the front engine skid plate the skid itself is not pressed up into the exhaust tube. The exhaust tube has a dent from the skid plate, and the skid itself has a dented spot from the exhaust. I was very surprised the soft exhaust tube dented the skid.

After removing the skid I noticed the entire engine skid has a good 3/4" warp to it where it is higher on the passenger side where it pushed into the exhaust. It was very difficult to remove as everything was in a bind. You can clearly see the warp on a flat surface, or when looking at it from a 90* angle.

I have seen posts of people where these were scraped up really bad and they seemed to still function, however mine can't be used as it is about to put a hole in the exhaust.

I have sent multiple emails on, reached out directly via Message on here, and the off-road shop where I purchased these and had them installed have reached out and we have not heard back.

I am at a point where I need to either remove all Motobilt skids and put the factory ones back on, or grind out the Motobilt engine skid to clear the exhaust so put it back on. I am not sure it will go back on due to the warp, but I can't use my Jeep on the trails with no protection at all. Please see my direct message with lists of photo's etc.. any information you can provide is appreciated.

on my 2020 currently I have the Motobilt full JL skid system, @ROCK HARD 4X4 rock hard LCA skids, @Metalcloak Metalcloak rear differential skid, and a a @RanchoShocks Rancho front differential skid. The only ones with any scrapes that are out of the norm are the Motobilt ones, and the rest show normal use and are not warped. I actually had a hard hit on the rear diff skid and it was hardly noticeable so it seems like the Motobilt ones are much softer. I can actually put a decent scrape in them with a wrench, where as all the others just rub the paint.

i am disappointed that no one has responded to me or the off-road shop about this, and it has made it where I have already missed one trail run that I had organized with the off-road group I manage.

If this is how the Motobilt skids hold up, I feel bad that I was recommending this setup over Metalcloak up until now. My Metalcloak undercloak on my 2019 took very hard, direct hits on sharp rocks and never moved. I am not sure what to do now as the engine skid is useless, and the rest do not inspire much confidence to not cause similar issues. Please reach out so I can get this resolved and get back to hosting the trail runs I organize.

DEE920B3-F35B-4217-9EE6-6F1F835F06B6.jpeg

1F1BCAA5-A8FF-4C7E-95A7-1B13ED22FA2B.jpeg

87564B8F-1134-4686-AA32-DA3D4E8BC2F9.jpeg

45BF05C1-E227-44B3-9D4B-85B7165C2190.jpeg

D3EEA95B-CBCD-46F7-85C0-BD076B1B536C.jpeg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.