Not open for further replies.

Dvol

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
I'm probably one of the Few that wished the Motobilt bumper would extend the ends to match the fenders. The JLU fenders just dont look right to me with tub cut off bumpers. Im not a fan of flat fenders or stubby bumpers on the JL like i had on my JKU. Odd i know but i will say that my paint on the JKU took a hell of a beating from road debris and rocks and god know what else running flats and stubby bumpers. That setup threw every little thing up and on the paint. I got tired of buying touch up paint.

Is there Any way possible to extend the ends to better match the Fenders? AEV can't be the only ones doing that can they? I plan on keeping the Jeep stock except the front and rear bumpers but have yet to find the right style. Other than the short tub cut off these look the best to me. Just no sensors cut outs and not matching the rear fenders width is a big no. Which sucks cause they look dang good otherwise...Southern Built too in Alabubba is also a huge plus..The search continues....

Mugzzzee

First Name
Hal (aka Mugs)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Retired since 2004
I'm probably one of the Few that wished the Motobilt bumper would extend the ends to match the fenders. The JLU fenders just dont look right to me with tub cut off bumpers. Im not a fan of flat fenders or stubby bumpers on the JL like i had on my JKU. Odd i know but i will say that my paint on the JKU took a hell of a beating from road debris and rocks and god know what else running flats and stubby bumpers. That setup threw every little thing up and on the paint. I got tired of buying touch up paint.

Is there Any way possible to extend the ends to better match the Fenders? AEV can't be the only ones doing that can they? I plan on keeping the Jeep stock except the front and rear bumpers but have yet to find the right style. Other than the short tub cut off these look the best to me. Just no sensors cut outs and not matching the rear fenders width is a big no. Which sucks cause they look dang good otherwise...Southern Built too in Alabubba is also a huge plus..The search continues....
Your not odd, it is simply that you choose that which satisfies you. I have a stubby front bumper and like it. I will likely order a Motobilt rear bumper in the future. My taste, my choice. My only delay is waiting for a license plate relocation kit other than the spare tire. To each his or her own! We are all individuals! Cheers

Sponsored

WheezysJL

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
We will post up on FB and IG for sure. I'll get on here too but we usually post up their the soonest.
Heck yeah!! Thank you!!!! I've been waiting for this before I got my JL. Front crusher is out for powder coating, tire carrier is installed and just received my front and rear diff covers. Thank you again for a top notch product and amazing customer support!

Deleted member 33002

Couldn’t wait drilled out the sensor holes myself. Key thing is to keep all sensor bezels at the same position as factory.

B029C3C8-20FE-4186-A295-9D8D5C2329C0.jpeg

BBDOC

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 5-Series, Honda Civic, Honda Minivan
Couldn’t wait drilled out the sensor holes myself. Key thing is to keep all sensor bezels at the same position as factory.

I love that! I was thinking to do the same thing. I don’t know why it is taking some companies so long to do the sensor option? Any interference or problems with the sensors?

Deleted member 33002

I love that! I was thinking to do the same thing. I don’t know why it is taking some companies so long to do the sensor option? Any interference or problems with the sensors?
No interference or problems. I kept all the sensors, bezels, brackets and used them at the same locations as the factory bumper. I didn’t mix them around.

Sponsored

Loki Kai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I'm in for one with sensor option and plate/camera relocation bracket.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR

Looks good! What size tire is that and tire carrier are you using? Can you take a picture from side showing how close the tire is to the tailgate?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.