Civil_Willy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Willys
I got 3 to 4k stashed aside for these. It'll make my 2 door perfect
Those of us with full doors already (everyone to this point) shouldn't be looking at $3-$4k for these. That price is for 8 doors. I'll be curious to see where they come in for just ordering half doors, most likely not even body color.

And really, for those of us in cold or mild climates (Western PA here) the chances these come in early enough to pull the trigger for the warmer month is unlikely (hope I'm wrong). So time to start budgeting for next year I guess.
Sponsored

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Ah but see I'm factoring in paint and if power locks will be more.

And if it's less, more money for other stuff!

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
if they follow how they did it with the JK doors they will come in primer, with mirrors not sure if they will supply power mirrors or not. Fingers crossed the prices are lower given the fact you need to factor in painting. Most of us have power mirrors can always use the ones on your existing full doors, its only 3 bolts holding them on.

In a perfect world sure would be nice having them shipped painted to match, but given all the colors since the JL launch I seriously doubt that will ever happen.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Those of us with full doors already (everyone to this point) shouldn't be looking at $3-$4k for these. That price is for 8 doors. I'll be curious to see where they come in for just ordering half doors, most likely not even body color.

And really, for those of us in cold or mild climates (Western PA here) the chances these come in early enough to pull the trigger for the warmer month is unlikely (hope I'm wrong). So time to start budgeting for next year I guess.
But, everyone's Jeep comes with doors. The $3-4000 covers the half doors and uppers. They're not upcharging for 8 doors when you're only getting an extra 4 half doors for that price. If they were keeping the full doors and only giving you half doors for that price, that would be crazy (really it should be a no cost option), but the full doors are already baked into the base price of the Jeep. This is why so many are questioning the value of the half doors at that price.

If people could get the half doors far a lot less because they already have full doors on their Jeep (everyone), then why would anyone order their Jeep from the factory with them and pay more?

Civil_Willy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Willys
But, everyone's Jeep comes with doors. The $3-4000 covers the half doors and uppers. They're not upcharging for 8 doors when you're only getting an extra 4 half doors for that price. If they were keeping the full doors and only giving you half doors for that price, that would be crazy (really it should be a no cost option), but the full doors are already baked into the base price of the Jeep. This is why so many are questioning the value of the half doors at that price.

If people could get the half doors far a lot less because they already have full doors on their Jeep (everyone), then why would anyone order their Jeep from the factory with them and pay more?
Yeah, that’s a good point. I wasn’t thinking clearly. Just like the dual top option.

I’m just blinded by the idea of half doors.

Sponsored

Shelby73

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU

You have to remember they come painted and clear coated. The JK half doors offered from the parts department don’t come painted or cleared. Also the half doors for the JLU have power door locks another cost/ option that didn’t come with. Start adding these costs and 4 grand isn’t bad especially if they come with an extra set of mirrors

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Also the half doors for the JLU have power door locks another cost/ option that didn’t come with. Start adding these costs and 4 grand isn’t bad especially if they come with an extra set of mirrors
Will half doors be offered without power door locks (and mirrors, if applicable) and at a lower price?

I'm thinking of the Sport and Willys owners that opted out of those features, and don't want to subsidize that portion of $4K for functions they don't require.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
You have to remember they come painted and clear coated. The JK half doors offered from the parts department don’t come painted or cleared. Also the half doors for the JLU have power door locks another cost/ option that didn’t come with. Start adding these costs and 4 grand isn’t bad especially if they come with an extra set of mirrors
Agreed. I'm not saying the halfies aren't a good value, and to your point the after-the-fact from Mopar must be less expensive than $4k because they won't come color matched and may not have power options.

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They will come in primer so - the factory painting, with mirrors most likely NOT powered, so you swap your mirrors at home off your full doors easy. Sure they will deduct $500-750 off the current dual door price...

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
here you go buy them through the parts department!

hd1.jpg

hd2.jpg

HD3.jpg

Sponsored

future ocean blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JLU
looks like 1 door runs about $1020 through the parts department. 4 doors would run $4100 or so. And that would be in primer i'm assuming. I'll wait for Benny at Allmoparparts to give us a discount. Or maybe the schmooze the local parts department for a discount. LOL

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
looks like 1 door runs about $1020 through the parts department. 4 doors would run $4100 or so. And that would be in primer i'm assuming. I'll wait for Benny at Allmoparparts to give us a discount. Or maybe the schmooze the local parts department for a discount. LOL
here are the outer metal panels only

half door outer panels.jpg

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Almost there!

lpasq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR - Prior: XJ | TJ
Progress!

Today's Build Tracker:
Tracked Orders
NAMEDOORSTRIMENGINEBUILDSTICKERORDEREDUPDATED
T4Gladius2Rubicon2.0L TurboFOUNDNONE2/16/20213/8/2021

Today's Jeep Chat: 8:29:57 AM
"I am showing the vehicle has been built and is pending installation of additional features or optional equipment."

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL / JLU Half Doors Official Press Release and Photos 1615244941171
Sponsored