Sponsored

carpendj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2019 GMC Sierra AT4
Updated February 25, 2021 with official release and photos:

New Doors Open for Jeep® Wrangler; Jeep Performance Parts Teams With Mopar to Introduce Dual-Door Group That Includes New Half Doors to Further Enhance Open-air Experience
  • New half doors and choice of upper-window assemblies are available as part of new Jeep® Wrangler Dual-Door Group factory option
  • New Dual-Door Group available now for two- and four-door models of Jeep Wrangler Sport, Rubicon; Sahara, Rubicon 392 and 4xe (available this spring)
February 25, 2021 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - For passionate Jeep® owners who crave even more of the ultimate open-air experience, Jeep Performance Parts (JPP) from Mopar is introducing new half doors for the iconic Jeep Wrangler.

“The open-air freedom of driving the Jeep Wrangler is a one-of-a-kind experience,” said Jim Morrison, Vice President, Jeep Brand North America. “Now with the latest Dual-Door Group factory offering from Mopar and its full catalog of authentic Jeep Performance Parts, our active-lifestyle enthusiasts can easily push the open-air envelope further.”

“We offer more than 500 quality-tested, factory-backed parts and accessories across the entire Jeep lineup,” said Mark Bosanac, North America Vice President, Mopar Service, Parts & Customer Care. “With the addition of new factory-engineered half doors for the legendary Jeep Wrangler, we continue to expand our comprehensive off-road catalog.”

New Jeep Wrangler Dual-Door Group features half doors
Engineered, tested and backed by the factory, the new half-door option enhances the Jeep Wrangler driving experience with production styling, security and occupant protection. With lower window ledges, new half doors provide improved visibility while maneuvering on and off road.

Available for both two- and four-door Jeep Wrangler models through the Mopar Custom Shop, as part of an original new-vehicle purchase in the U.S. and Canada, the new Jeep Wrangler Dual-Door Group includes both full and half doors. Full-steel production doors are installed on the vehicle while matching body-color half doors are conveniently packaged within the vehicle.

With production-level materials and build quality, new half doors are designed to work when equipped with any of the following features: power mirrors, blind-spot detection, passive and non-passive entry handles, and power locks. A quick and easy swap from full doors to half doors can be accomplished within minutes using the existing hinge locations and the exact same wiring connections.

Upper-window assemblies
New upper-window assemblies create a weather-tight seal and feature zippered plastic windows for quick, easy removal. Two materials are offered for the assemblies: base-model vinyl that matches the production soft-top roof or premium acrylic that matches the premium soft-top roof.

Each upper-door frame section uses an easy, tool-free, dual-guide post feature for easy installation and removal.

New Jeep Wrangler Dual-Door Group factory-option pricing (U.S.), which includes factory full doors and new half doors:

Dual-Door Group with base-model upper-window assemblies - sales code: AJB:
  • two-door: $2,350
  • four-door: $3,995
Dual-Door Group with premium-model upper-window assemblies - sales code: AJS:
  • two-door: $2,550
  • four-door: $4,395
Warranty coverage for each Dual-Door Group option is included as part of the new-vehicle warranty of three years/36,000 miles.

Jeep JL half doors factory OEM JPP Jeep Performance Parts 6.jpg
Jeep JL half doors factory OEM JPP Jeep Performance Parts 5.jpg
Jeep JL half doors factory OEM JPP Jeep Performance Parts 4.jpg
Jeep JL half doors factory OEM JPP Jeep Performance Parts 3.jpg
Jeep JL half doors factory OEM JPP Jeep Performance Parts 2.jpg
Jeep JL half doors interior - factory OEM JPP Jeep Performance Parts 1.jpg

Updated October 9: first real life look at : https://www.motor1.com/news/448542/jeep-wrangler-jl-half-doors-spied/

Look what I found - half doors!!! This appeared yesterday.

"Dual Door Group w/ Base Uppers"
"Dual Door Group w/ Premium Uppers"

* The prices are for the 4 door..........so for 4k you get 2 sets of doors factory painted to match.

Pricing Jeep JL Wrangler Factory Half Doors - Dual Door Group With Base Premium Uppers.jpg

Jeep JL Wrangler Factory Half Doors - Dual Door Group With Base Premium Uppers.jpg
$4000!!!! Did I read that correct? That is insane. I will stick with my $400 EAG tube doors and spend the remaining $3600 on strippers, whiskey and gambling.
Sponsored

graytrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 2020 LR Discovery, 2015 RR Sport SC
I'll buy them from you if you don't like them. Been wanting a set for my JLU. Looks like that would be a long drive to pick them up
Thanks for the offer. I’ll see what I think when the Jeep arrives, probably in April. They will be Sting Gray, so may or may not work for you. Will be sure to post pics/thoughts when they arrive.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Thanks for the offer. I’ll see what I think when the Jeep arrives, probably in April. They will be Sting Gray, so may or may not work for you. Will be sure to post pics/thoughts when they arrive.
I'd take second place in line if you weren't in Massachusetts!

DaveTPhD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L Eco-Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
I'd be interested in them too. My 2020 JLU happens to be Sting-Gray as well.

Mtpockets

First Name
MT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4-Door
Please post pics. Possibly interested if you don’t like them. I think the black uppers and gray paint will match just fine.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
$9 beat spending $100 for the rubicon black inserts, and like you know taking the grill off has to be one of the easiest things to do on a jeep
Yeah it was something like $350 for the Satin black Grille that I was looking at after I damaged my paint... 9 bucks at Lowes and I have the same thing now, lol!

SirMagnus89

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport 2 Door, Mojito!
Does anyone else want those Door pulls over the standard door handles on the full doors? Cause them babies are sexy.

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
If your not happy I've drive over and buy them and have them sprayed Hellayella!

graytrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 2020 LR Discovery, 2015 RR Sport SC
If your not happy I've drive over and buy them and have them sprayed Hellayella!
I'm jealous, I've wanted Hellayella for years and was ready to pull the trigger last year, then I saw the 392 and had to have it...unfortunately not offered in Hellayella. Maybe you can spray my whole Jeep, too! (I like your Islander graphics, my first Jeep was a 1992 Islander)

Sponsored

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm jealous, I've wanted Hellayella for years and was ready to pull the trigger last year, then I saw the 392 and had to have it...unfortunately not offered in Hellayella. Maybe you can spray my whole Jeep, too! (I like your Islander graphics, my first Jeep was a 1992 Islander)
I had a 94 Sahara but always love the YJ Islander look so I thought just make a retro theme....slow and steady added graphics, gladiator rims and changed the grill. Ordering some leather seats with logo's.
Just waiting for Mopar to release the half doors that's next.

jeep 1 new wheels.jpg

Jeep grill 3.jpg

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
any part #'s been released yet for the half doors through Mopar?

future ocean blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JLU
any part #'s been released yet for the half doors through Mopar?
No part numbers that i know of. I have a request in with Benny at Allmoparparts.com (in the forum under sponsors). Don't think it will happen until late spring or early summer. Then the waiting to actually be able to order. Then more waiting for them to ship. I'm thinking late fall for a possible delivery time. But i'm hoping i'm wrong.

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I got 3 to 4k stashed aside for these. It'll make my 2 door perfect

Shelby73

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
I live in PA and will be happy to drive up and buy them if you don’t like them. Plus give you extra $$
Sponsored