Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Inside view from the configurator
Screenshot 2021-01-28 184946.png
yes that looks like it will block the view since that image isn't even from behind the wheel. Plus I don't see the power lock switch or proximity on the outside handle.
Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I don't see the power lock switch or proximity on the outside handle.
Possibly that feature isn't incorporated on the half doors? I suggest this not just because we're waiting for the first customer photos & reviews, but also because the configurator photo shows the half door installed on a Rubicon.

The absence of power locks and/or proximity on the half doors doesn't concern me, since the full doors on my Sport don't have these features either. What will be interesting are the comments from the owners who may have these conveniences -- arguably, the majority of JL owners -- but may or will have to live without them with the half doors in situ.

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Possibly that feature isn't incorporated on the half doors? I suggest this not just because we're waiting for the first customer photos & reviews, but also because the configurator photo shows the half door installed on a Rubicon.

The absence of power locks and/or proximity on the half doors doesn't concern me, since the full doors on my Sport don't have these features either. What will be interesting are the comments from the owners who may have these conveniences -- arguably, the majority of JL owners -- but may or will have to live without them with the half doors in situ.
the press release stated it works with power everything and proximity locks.

Spaffy

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL 2Dr Willys, '16 Ram 2500, '69 Dodge Polara

I ordered a Willy's Sport with the dual doors. I actually specifically wanted manual locks and windows.

As it turns out ordering the dual door group forces power locks, keyless entry, and heated power mirrors onto the build.

I'm still trying to figure out why half doors need such features.... It's a HALF door. There's really not much point in locking it. 🙄

Sponsored

Civil_Willy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Willys
Quoting from the press release:

"Available for both two- and four-door Jeep Wrangler models through the Mopar Custom Shop, as part of an original new-vehicle purchase in the U.S. and Canada, the new Jeep Wrangler Dual-Door Group includes both full and half doors. Full-steel production doors are installed on the vehicle while matching body-color half doors are conveniently packaged within the vehicle."

...original new-vehicle purchase...

So that means no stand-alone orders at this point I'm thinking? It can't be much to make these available for order or pre-order at the very least. They clearly have some interest from the community. Even if they don't paint them and ship out primed that is still a step in the right direction.

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Quoting from the press release:

"Available for both two- and four-door Jeep Wrangler models through the Mopar Custom Shop, as part of an original new-vehicle purchase in the U.S. and Canada, the new Jeep Wrangler Dual-Door Group includes both full and half doors. Full-steel production doors are installed on the vehicle while matching body-color half doors are conveniently packaged within the vehicle."

...original new-vehicle purchase...

So that means no stand-alone orders at this point I'm thinking? It can't be much to make these available for order or pre-order at the very least. They clearly have some interest from the community. Even if they don't paint them and ship out primed that is still a step in the right direction.
If they follow what they offered on the Previous JK doors would ship primed and ready for paint.
Now the pricing for them on new Jeep ordered have them shipped paint matched.
So fingers crossed the prices go down if they indeed end up shipping ready for paint. But I’d pay the current price if they were shipped painted at the plant to match your Jeep.

Gobicon

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2018 Unlimited Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
If they follow what they offered on the Previous JK doors would ship primed and ready for paint.
Now the pricing for them on new Jeep ordered have them shipped paint matched.
So fingers crossed the prices go down if they indeed end up shipping ready for paint. But I’d pay the current price if they were shipped painted at the plant to match your Jeep.
Agree! Would order for our Hella Yella JLU if they shipped painted already. These are too expensive just primed. Rather the CORE doors for the price. Anyone know when half doors can be ordered separately without a new jeep as part of dual door package?

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Agree! Would order for our Hella Yella JLU if they shipped painted already. These are too expensive just primed. Rather the CORE doors for the price. Anyone know when half doors can be ordered separately without a new jeep as part of dual door package?
No if you want 1/2 doors you must get the dual door group. I’m dating myself but I remember ordering my first new Jeep a 94 YJ Sahara and guess what 1/2 doors were standard. Full and a hard tip were optional

Gobicon

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2018 Unlimited Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
No if you want 1/2 doors you must get the dual door group. I’m dating myself but I remember ordering my first new Jeep a 94 YJ Sahara and guess what 1/2 doors were standard. Full and a hard tip were optional
Thanks! I was afraid that was going to be the answer (for now at least). We have the premium soft top, so would want Hella Yella half doors with premium uppers to match. Maybe by year's end they'll sell them outside a new jeep order. One can hope.

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
When I purchased a new 1995 YJ ("Wrangler S"), it too had half doors and a soft top as standard. Optional equipment included rear bumperettes (as they were called) as well as a rear bench seat and carpeting. Yep.

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Hopefully they show up in the parts catalog soon

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
When I purchased a new 1995 YJ ("Wrangler S"), it too had half doors and a soft top as standard. Optional equipment included rear bumperettes (as they were called) as well as a rear bench seat and carpeting. Yep.
The good old days!

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
so while I was waiting for new 1/2 door news...invested in $9 plasti dip and went to town on the silver grill inserts. Picked up the grill at a junk yard off a Sahara $150+$9 paint = million times better!

jeep grill1.jpg

Jeep grill2.jpg

Jeep grill 3.jpg

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
so while I was waiting for new 1/2 door news...invested in $9 plasti dip and went to town on the silver grill inserts. Picked up the grill at a junk yard off a Sahara $150+$9 paint = million times better!

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL / JLU Half Doors Official Press Release and Photos Jeep grill 3

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL / JLU Half Doors Official Press Release and Photos Jeep grill 3

100%
Sponsored