Sponsored

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho JLUR - AEV Build
Hoping we can eventually get part numbers for everything and piece this together for those of us who didn't get them from the factory. Or eventually find someone selling a set. I wonder if and when it will be in the Mopar performance parts catalog. Would love these for my Nacho JLUR.
Sponsored

TJdesersand

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Windstar
Did you build your Sarge Green Willys with the packaged Premium Soft Top or deselect the Premium Soft Top? I ask because it's unclear if the "base" Half Doors are the standard material or if the heavier "premium" twill. I assume the base halves are not the premium cloth...but it's a guess at this point.

TJdesersand

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Windstar
I believe your assumption is correct. Config let's you build half door group in Hydro Blue now alsošŸ˜

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
The new ordering guide is out. They added a few colors for the half doors:
Hellayella
Firecracker Red
Billet SIlver

The total list of half door available colors is now:
Must have:
Granite Crystal, or
Sting Gray, or
Sarge Green, or
Firecracker red or
Snazzberry, or
Billet Silver or
Bright White, or
Black, or
Hellayella

Sponsored

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Still no actual deliveries yet?!?

lpasq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR - Prior: XJ | TJ

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Still no actual deliveries yet?!?
Mine has shipped now as of yesterday. So however long the shipping takes. Iā€™ve read anywhere from a week to a couple weeks.

@Ipasq ... I wouldnā€™t count on that 3/15 delivery. Mine was ordered 12/5 and will be prob 3 months + till delivery. Iā€™d guess more towards end of March or April sometime. Iā€™d think theyā€™re starting to get caught up on half doors orders soon.

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has shipped now as of yesterday. So however long the shipping takes. Iā€™ve read anywhere from a week to a couple weeks.

@Ipasq ... I wouldnā€™t count on that 3/15 delivery. Mine was ordered 12/5 and will be prob 3 months + till delivery. Iā€™d guess more towards end of March or April sometime. Iā€™d think theyā€™re starting to get caught up on half doors orders soon.
God bless ya, were all waiting like its our baby as well...lol remember to load up a TON of exterior, interior, close up pics for us all! Cheers and good luck!

imperial4ever

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0 Moss Green
Gimme a break. Really? Those are "half metal" doors?? For my 97 TJ, those would have been considered full metal doors.

Sponsored

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Gimme a break. Really? Those are "half metal" doors?? For my 97 TJ, those would have been considered full metal doors.
Whatā€™s the problem here with our conversation....I have a 03 TJ with half doors sitting outside beside my 21 JLU. Unless you got a 21 with half doors in your driveway šŸ¤

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Updated with official photos and press release:

New Doors Open for JeepĀ® Wrangler; Jeep Performance Parts Teams With Mopar to Introduce Dual-Door Group That Includes New Half Doors to Further Enhance Open-air Experience
  • New half doors and choice of upper-window assemblies are available as part of new JeepĀ® Wrangler Dual-Door Group factory option
  • New Dual-Door Group available now for two- and four-door models of Jeep Wrangler Sport, Rubicon; Sahara, Rubicon 392 and 4xe (available this spring)
February 25, 2021 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - For passionate JeepĀ® owners who crave even more of the ultimate open-air experience, Jeep Performance Parts (JPP) from Mopar is introducing new half doors for the iconic Jeep Wrangler.

ā€œThe open-air freedom of driving the Jeep Wrangler is a one-of-a-kind experience,ā€ said Jim Morrison, Vice President, Jeep Brand North America. ā€œNow with the latest Dual-Door Group factory offering from Mopar and its full catalog of authentic Jeep Performance Parts, our active-lifestyle enthusiasts can easily push the open-air envelope further.ā€

ā€œWe offer more than 500 quality-tested, factory-backed parts and accessories across the entire Jeep lineup,ā€ said Mark Bosanac, North America Vice President, Mopar Service, Parts & Customer Care. ā€œWith the addition of new factory-engineered half doors for the legendary Jeep Wrangler, we continue to expand our comprehensive off-road catalog.ā€

New Jeep Wrangler Dual-Door Group features half doors
Engineered, tested and backed by the factory, the new half-door option enhances the Jeep Wrangler driving experience with production styling, security and occupant protection. With lower window ledges, new half doors provide improved visibility while maneuvering on and off road.

Available for both two- and four-door Jeep Wrangler models through the Mopar Custom Shop, as part of an original new-vehicle purchase in the U.S. and Canada, the new Jeep Wrangler Dual-Door Group includes both full and half doors. Full-steel production doors are installed on the vehicle while matching body-color half doors are conveniently packaged within the vehicle.

With production-level materials and build quality, new half doors are designed to work when equipped with any of the following features: power mirrors, blind-spot detection, passive and non-passive entry handles, and power locks. A quick and easy swap from full doors to half doors can be accomplished within minutes using the existing hinge locations and the exact same wiring connections.

Upper-window assemblies
New upper-window assemblies create a weather-tight seal and feature zippered plastic windows for quick, easy removal. Two materials are offered for the assemblies: base-model vinyl that matches the production soft-top roof or premium acrylic that matches the premium soft-top roof.

Each upper-door frame section uses an easy, tool-free, dual-guide post feature for easy installation and removal.

New Jeep Wrangler Dual-Door Group factory-option pricing (U.S.), which includes factory full doors and new half doors:

Dual-Door Group with base-model upper-window assemblies - sales code: AJB:
  • two-door: $2,350
  • four-door: $3,995
Dual-Door Group with premium-model upper-window assemblies - sales code: AJS:
  • two-door: $2,550
  • four-door: $4,395
Warranty coverage for each Dual-Door Group option is included as part of the new-vehicle warranty of three years/36,000 miles.

doors-factory-oem-jpp-jeep-performance-parts-6-jpg.jpg

doors-factory-oem-jpp-jeep-performance-parts-5-jpg.jpg

doors-factory-oem-jpp-jeep-performance-parts-4-jpg.jpg

doors-factory-oem-jpp-jeep-performance-parts-3-jpg.jpg

doors-factory-oem-jpp-jeep-performance-parts-2-jpg.jpg

erior-factory-oem-jpp-jeep-performance-parts-1-jpg.jpg

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Updated with official photos and press release:

New Doors Open for JeepĀ® Wrangler; Jeep Performance Parts Teams With Mopar to Introduce Dual-Door Group That Includes New Half Doors to Further Enhance Open-air Experience
  • New half doors and choice of upper-window assemblies are available as part of new JeepĀ® Wrangler Dual-Door Group factory option
  • New Dual-Door Group available now for two- and four-door models of Jeep Wrangler Sport, Rubicon; Sahara, Rubicon 392 and 4xe (available this spring)
February 25, 2021 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - For passionate JeepĀ® owners who crave even more of the ultimate open-air experience, Jeep Performance Parts (JPP) from Mopar is introducing new half doors for the iconic Jeep Wrangler.

ā€œThe open-air freedom of driving the Jeep Wrangler is a one-of-a-kind experience,ā€ said Jim Morrison, Vice President, Jeep Brand North America. ā€œNow with the latest Dual-Door Group factory offering from Mopar and its full catalog of authentic Jeep Performance Parts, our active-lifestyle enthusiasts can easily push the open-air envelope further.ā€

ā€œWe offer more than 500 quality-tested, factory-backed parts and accessories across the entire Jeep lineup,ā€ said Mark Bosanac, North America Vice President, Mopar Service, Parts & Customer Care. ā€œWith the addition of new factory-engineered half doors for the legendary Jeep Wrangler, we continue to expand our comprehensive off-road catalog.ā€

New Jeep Wrangler Dual-Door Group features half doors
Engineered, tested and backed by the factory, the new half-door option enhances the Jeep Wrangler driving experience with production styling, security and occupant protection. With lower window ledges, new half doors provide improved visibility while maneuvering on and off road.

Available for both two- and four-door Jeep Wrangler models through the Mopar Custom Shop, as part of an original new-vehicle purchase in the U.S. and Canada, the new Jeep Wrangler Dual-Door Group includes both full and half doors. Full-steel production doors are installed on the vehicle while matching body-color half doors are conveniently packaged within the vehicle.

With production-level materials and build quality, new half doors are designed to work when equipped with any of the following features: power mirrors, blind-spot detection, passive and non-passive entry handles, and power locks. A quick and easy swap from full doors to half doors can be accomplished within minutes using the existing hinge locations and the exact same wiring connections.

Upper-window assemblies
New upper-window assemblies create a weather-tight seal and feature zippered plastic windows for quick, easy removal. Two materials are offered for the assemblies: base-model vinyl that matches the production soft-top roof or premium acrylic that matches the premium soft-top roof.

Each upper-door frame section uses an easy, tool-free, dual-guide post feature for easy installation and removal.

New Jeep Wrangler Dual-Door Group factory-option pricing (U.S.), which includes factory full doors and new half doors:

Dual-Door Group with base-model upper-window assemblies - sales code: AJB:
  • two-door: $2,350
  • four-door: $3,995
Dual-Door Group with premium-model upper-window assemblies - sales code: AJS:
  • two-door: $2,550
  • four-door: $4,395
Warranty coverage for each Dual-Door Group option is included as part of the new-vehicle warranty of three years/36,000 miles.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL / JLU Half Doors Official Press Release and Photos erior-factory-oem-jpp-jeep-performance-parts-1-

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL / JLU Half Doors Official Press Release and Photos erior-factory-oem-jpp-jeep-performance-parts-1-

Canā€™t wait to order a set sure they will come primed and ready for paint....but wouldnā€™t it be awesome if Jeep would painted them for that price.

lpasq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR - Prior: XJ | TJ
Noted. I'll have no expectation as to when it arrives.

Upper-window assemblies
I wonder if the uppers will be interchangeable between the base/vinyl and premium/acrylic. I would plan that when it's time to replace the black diamond top, and if bestop were to issue a 2-door fastback in twill with appropriate door assemblies for these half-doors, I'd look to upgrade to acrylic windows.
Sponsored