Sponsored

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
I think they will be available in more colors after, awhile.

Other advantage is all doors keyed alike, vin #(tamper -resistant stickers, power mirrors, power and keyless entry, if so equipped!! Painted too!!
Yeah pretty expensive, but nice too.
I apologize as I did not go thru 23 pages of this thread. Is there a time frame when these will be available via Mopar? I have very strong interest to buy!
Sponsored

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
LOL wut... Oh it's just a clickbait title.
Clickbait or not, the article makes a salient point at the end:

"But even though looks are subjective, we can’t help but think that these are a step back in the looks department for the JL. They just look cheap and somewhat of an afterthought,..."

We eagerly await the first customer photos of the Dual Door group on a delivered JL/JLU.

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Clickbait or not, more pics are more pics.

I'm happy since I have a red jeep so I know they at least will be in red lol. Hopefully this also means more info soon.

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I'm happy since I have a red jeep so I know they at least will be in red lol.
With a red JLU in the garage, I had the same thought.

It was mildly surprising that the Dual Door configuration (be they prototypes or production) wasn't sent out on a Wrangler painted in one of the 27 shades of gray offered by FCA/Stellantis.

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I think it would look better with the regular black hardtop, and definitely with the soft top. I wish the one touch power top came in the regular black color/material (as opposed to shiny body color matched one) as that would be the ultimate combination.

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Can’t do this at the Safari with full doors :)

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL / JLU Half Doors Official Press Release and Photos DF963327-62C5-424D-9772-1C7CB0035ECC

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL / JLU Half Doors Official Press Release and Photos 8D41DAEE-0CBE-420D-BC2F-BFD2DDF42682

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Yea, they'll definitely look better with a black top.

I have a JLU myself, but half doors have always looked way better on a 2-door, especially when the uppers are in. I'm gonna go really crazy, though, and probably roll with half doors just for the fronts for awhile. My daughter is in a forward-facing car seat at this point, so I'd rather the full doors for the extra protection in the back.

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Half doors were a huge reason I went with a 2 door. I'm hoping early this year for a release

Sponsored

rolly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 2DR
This is my first jeep (2 dr) and I'm in CA so I run topless from May through October. I like doorless but my wife likes doors, so these seem like a great compromise.

Does anyone know when these will be available as an accessory? Where would we order from, and since their painted, I'm assuming it would take quite a while to receive?

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
This is my first jeep (2 dr) and I'm in CA so I run topless from May through October. I like doorless but my wife likes doors, so these seem like a great compromise.

Does anyone know when these will be available as an accessory? Where would we order from, and since their painted, I'm assuming it would take quite a while to receive?
It would be great if they offered half doors through dealers parts departments, but they never did in the past with JKs because the doors needed to be keyed the same as the other doors on the Jeep, which was only possible when the Jeep was originally built at the factory.

But these days jeeps don’t have keys, do they? But rather FOBs. So maybe it is possible for Jeep to offer it as an accessory after original Jeep purchase.

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
They were available, just had to but each part separately and paint them. Cane out pretty expensive, like 4k front or back. 8 for both.
Near the end though they came out with a cheaper bundle

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Yea, you'd definitely save a lot of money doing it that way, but I really need the windows. Northeast weather and not really a practical garage situation for me.
Sponsored